Originally Posted by RickAVManiac
I just watch many of my favorites movies clip to evaluate the projector. Of course it will take couples of days and many more testing but first impression is :
- The projector is noticeably brighter than the HW30. I measured 990 lumens (Cinema 1, high lamp and iris full open).
- The black level is noticeably better too.
- The image dynamic is better.
- The 3D goshting are still present
- The 3D brightness is really better. On my screen, the 3D is almost as bright as 2D
- The color in 3D are rich and saturated and the image dynamic is superb
- The RC in 3D give a amazing effect
- The RC in 2D have to be use with reserve (15-20 max for me)
- Last but not the least, the MotionFlow on low show less soap opera effect than the HW30 and VW95. I did my test on low and forget it was even engage.
Thats it for now...
More details and comparison to come...
2K liquid crystal will always have some residual 3D ghosting. 4K panels with passive 3D will have less.
You describe attributes not normally associated with Sony/SXRD (except for the 1000)
Sony explained their plan (to turn around the TV business) was to raise quality standards. The 1000ES and now the 50ES (and their latest flat panels) indicate they are succeeding.
Better black level, yet brighter. True progress.
Don't tell anyone but quality has been raised to the point where they obsolete the expensive model.
There must be optical improvements as the low Creation Reality setting is inversely proportional to optical resolution.
The reduced color pallet in 3D looks similar to DLP's brilliant color.
The most refreshing aspect of all is the absence of blind, brand-name loyalists pushing overpriced yet under-performing projectors.
Lets all hope and prey J*e stays with the 1000:p