or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official Sony VPL-HW50ES Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony VPL-HW50ES Owners Thread - Page 51

post #1501 of 3345
I have a serial number over 800 and have mine ceiling mounted. In 3d I still got the buzzing and emailed Sony. They responded promptly stating an external emitter is on the way.
post #1502 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidibecker View Post

I have a serial number over 800 and have mine ceiling mounted. In 3d I still got the buzzing and emailed Sony. They responded promptly stating an external emitter is on the way.

what email address?  Mine is ser #801

post #1503 of 3345
installsupport@am.sony.com
post #1504 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidibecker View Post

Has anyone noticed the Sony heats up a sealed room if on for a couple of hours? The 5010 did as well but the Sony seems to heat up the room more.

If you have all of your equipment in the room, then yes, it can get warm if sealed up. The projector, AVR, amps and people add a lot of heat to a room. That is why many dedicated rooms need AC even in the winter time.
Reply
Reply
post #1505 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidibecker View Post

Has anyone noticed the Sony heats up a sealed room if on for a couple of hours? The 5010 did as well but the Sony seems to heat up the room more.

It does seem to put out a few additional BTU's as compared to my JVC (RS35). Nice in the winter ... wink.gif
post #1506 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidibecker View Post

I have a serial number over 800 and have mine ceiling mounted. In 3d I still got the buzzing and emailed Sony. They responded promptly stating an external emitter is on the way.

I Have my external emitter finally, projector mounted on ceiling and it works great now, no problems at all, i believe in turns off the internal emitter which i assume would eliminate any buzzing.Always stays in sync now...
post #1507 of 3345
Room is sealed and I have a Denon 4311ci, cinenova grande 3, seaton submersive, a voltage regulator, power conditioner, bluray player and hr34 dvr usually all on when the projector is contributing to the heat but it still seems like quite a bit more than the epson 5010. The Sony is mounted in the same spot as the epson which is essentially just above my head. Maybe it's the direction the heat goes in the Sony. I am switching my speakers to a seaton catalyst 8c flanked by 2 sparks so no more cinenova grande. Wonder if that will help or hurt.
post #1508 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidibecker View Post

Room is sealed and I have a Denon 4311ci, cinenova grande 3, seaton submersive, a voltage regulator, power conditioner, bluray player and hr34 dvr usually all on when the projector is contributing to the heat but it still seems like quite a bit more than the epson 5010. The Sony is mounted in the same spot as the epson which is essentially just above my head. Maybe it's the direction the heat goes in the Sony. I am switching my speakers to a seaton catalyst 8c flanked by 2 sparks so no more cinenova grande. Wonder if that will help or hurt.

The Sony puts out less heat than the Epson.

Epson lamp 230 watt, maximum power usage 364 watts.
Sony lamp 200 watts, maximum power usage 300 watts.

All that equipment and people in a room, adds a lot of heat.
Reply
Reply
post #1509 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidibecker View Post

Room is sealed and I have a Denon 4311ci, cinenova grande 3, seaton submersive, a voltage regulator, power conditioner, bluray player and hr34 dvr usually all on when the projector is contributing to the heat but it still seems like quite a bit more than the epson 5010. The Sony is mounted in the same spot as the epson which is essentially just above my head. Maybe it's the direction the heat goes in the Sony. I am switching my speakers to a seaton catalyst 8c flanked by 2 sparks so no more cinenova grande. Wonder if that will help or hurt.

Mine is about a foot or less directly above my head and I never notice any heat. My room stays about 72 degrees fahrenheit.
post #1510 of 3345
Thanks for the information Mike, probably all the extra equipment in the sealed room heating it up and the fact that the weathers getting warmer.
post #1511 of 3345
I have mine mounted to the back rest of my sofa, and site with the out went at my ear height, just 25 cm away and its bearable. Unlike my optoma if sat on the wrong side of it, will burn your hair.
post #1512 of 3345
I have bought a HW50ES last week and I have a question about what should come in the box.

I keep reading that it's supposed to come with a spare lamp, and 2 sets of 3D glasses, but my HW50ES only came with one 3D glasses and no spare lamp at all.
The box didn't look damaged or opened.

I have already contacted my vendor and sony, but they just quote what is written inside the manual, and the vendor is now requesting a second set of 3D glasses. (the manual quotes 2x glasses, but no lamp)
But I would really like to receive the spare lamp as well.

I am located in Belgium. Is there perhaps a different package in different countries ?
The sony support guy I talked to was a generic support person and didn't know the product at all, so I'm afraid I'm not getting what I paid for.

The e-mail addres installsupport@am.sony.com has been mentioned a few times in this thread, but I suspect this is only for the US market. Would anyone know a propper contact for the european market, or should I just e-mail them and ask for instructions ?

Sorry if this is off topic or against the rules, this is my first post on this forum. Feel free to point me to this forum's guidelines if I made a mistake.
post #1513 of 3345

Ordered mine and got spare bulb and 2 glasses.   But I am in the US.   Note that the spare bulb did NOT come in the same box, it came from the distributor.

post #1514 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan48 View Post

I've had similar issues with my Bell Sat box (same as dish) and you can fix the jittery motion by go into expert settings and turning off film mode or switching between auto 1 and auto 2. For me turning off film mode got rid off the jitter from most of the channels. I think it's doing some incorrect 3:2 pulldown on interlaced sources.

hope this works for you.

This was the fix for me as well, give it a try and report back.
post #1515 of 3345
Thanks for the help guys. Going into expert settings and turning that feature to off worked. Didn't try on other user just set to off and seemed to correct issue. Thanks again
post #1516 of 3345

I can also confirm I had this issue with DirecTV and some compressed mkv's playing thru my PCH-C200 and turning off film mode resolved my issue as well.

post #1517 of 3345
I am in uk and did not get a spare lamp. I think its very unfair as we paid the same price.
post #1518 of 3345
Hi 3DMamper, so it appears this deal is not for european customers then.
Indeed, very unfair... but I still love the HW50ES smile.gif
post #1519 of 3345
post #1520 of 3345
that goes against most of the popular reviews from trusted members and reviewers. There is no issues with pop-out on the HW50.

I was calibrating an HW50 last night in 3D mode and the 3D overall is impressive on this machine, especially with the FI enabled in 3D mode.

Considering it's not a DLP, it handles crosstalk fairly well and better than the current JVC's (although improvements have definitely been made). The 3D performance is similar to the Epson 5020 which is also quite good for a non-DLP.
post #1521 of 3345
How does the crosstalk compare with the 1000es?
post #1522 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

that goes against most of the popular reviews from trusted members and reviewers. There is no issues with pop-out on the HW50.

I was calibrating an HW50 last night in 3D mode and the 3D overall is impressive on this machine, especially with the FI enabled in 3D mode.

Considering it's not a DLP, it handles crosstalk fairly well and better than the current JVC's (although improvements have definitely been made). The 3D performance is similar to the Epson 5020 which is also quite good for a non-DLP.

Thank you brother Jason for respond, can you please check your pmbox?,

Best Regards

Cem
post #1523 of 3345
Anybody had trouble with the included glasses syncing? I have to stand about 12' from my screen (projector is 15' back from screen) before the glasses would sync up. The manual indicated 5m from screen for the projector mounting location would be fine. My screen is relatively high mounted and the PJ is mounted on a 2' drop mount (about 5' above my head). I also hear buzzing when it's on (so I'm going to email and ask for the external emitter.)

Beyond asking if this is normal, is there a good option for me to convert this thing to RF to use something like the Xpand Lite RF glasses? I'm really 'over' IR in general, and would much prefer that setup.

Thank you in advance.
post #1524 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormandj View Post

Anybody had trouble with the included glasses syncing? I have to stand about 12' from my screen (projector is 15' back from screen) before the glasses would sync up. The manual indicated 5m from screen for the projector mounting location would be fine. My screen is relatively high mounted and the PJ is mounted on a 2' drop mount (about 5' above my head). I also hear buzzing when it's on (so I'm going to email and ask for the external emitter.)

Beyond asking if this is normal, is there a good option for me to convert this thing to RF to use something like the Xpand Lite RF glasses? I'm really 'over' IR in general, and would much prefer that setup.

Thank you in advance.

out of curiosity what is your ser#?  Supposedly after 800 (last dig) it was supposed to be fixed.   but I did see where if you simply email them and tell them they will send you a plug in emitter   installsupport@AM.soncy.com   

post #1525 of 3345
Not an owner (yet) - but hoping that doesn't exclude me from asking a question from all you folks who are smile.gif

Went and demo'd the Sony and the Epson today; and loved the Sony - the picture was just incredible in both 2d and 3d; but I noticed that while watching 3d with the bundled glasses I could 'see' the flickering of the lenses polarizing, and after even just a few minutes could feel eye-strain. Had no such problems with the Epson or Panasonic glasses. It was also far less evident on dimmer scenes (like the Tron light cycle section)

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so do you have suggestions on how to get around it; for example would using the Monster glasses make a difference?

On a similar note; although the detail in 3d was way better than the Epson, I found the Epson to have more depth; i.e. the snowflakes over Paris in Hugo were literally hitting me in the face on the Epson, but not on the Sony - would also welcome any comments from folk about how to get more depth from the Sony without introducing crosstalk.
post #1526 of 3345
Posted this in the screen shot thread, thought I'd share here too...

Don't have any pics but here are a few videos I made with the Sony HW50 on a 159" HP screen.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77422147/IMG_0079.MOV
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77422147/IMG_0078.MOV
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77422147/IMG_0080.MOV
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77422147/IMG_0082.MOV

These were taken with my ipad..
post #1527 of 3345
Guys this is a question about 3D on the Sony or even Epson 5020UB

Has anyone tried watching either frame packed, or HSBS through an external player, OR XBMC, and experienced part of the background poping up in font of items that should be closer to you?

I have recently ran into this problem when trying to watch a frame packed version of the Hobbit.. at first it just gave me a headache i didnt know what was going on, and then I paused in a few scenes where it was obvious.

I was at a friends house who owns the Epson 5020 and we found this happening while trying to watch a HSBS version thorugh the PC and XBMC of Rise of the Guardians. I was actually able to resolve the issue for that instance but going into film calibration whbich took me out of the movie, then canceling and going back in. Appeared to be fine. I also set film deinterlacing to auto ( not sure if that fixed it or the out of the movie and go back in ) but i wanted to see if anyone else has run into this and if they for sure know what the fix was?

So again on the Sony, through Xtreamer, it happened with frame packed hobbit ( could not resolve )

Epson 5020UB - HSBS of Rise of the Guardians, that was resolved for that instance



if anyone at all has see this behavior on a projector and knows what was wrong please please let me know smile.gif Driving me nuts... ( its not ever 3d movie, just seen it these 2 times lately... others have worked fine ) Thanks guys as always!
post #1528 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmaowner View Post

Posted this in the screen shot thread, thought I'd share here too...

Don't have any pics but here are a few videos I made with the Sony HW50 on a 159" HP screen.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77422147/IMG_0079.MOV
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77422147/IMG_0078.MOV
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77422147/IMG_0080.MOV
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77422147/IMG_0082.MOV

These were taken with my ipad..

frown.gif This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled
post #1529 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorian View Post

Not an owner (yet) - but hoping that doesn't exclude me from asking a question from all you folks who are smile.gif

Went and demo'd the Sony and the Epson today; and loved the Sony - the picture was just incredible in both 2d and 3d; but I noticed that while watching 3d with the bundled glasses I could 'see' the flickering of the lenses polarizing, and after even just a few minutes could feel eye-strain. Had no such problems with the Epson or Panasonic glasses. It was also far less evident on dimmer scenes (like the Tron light cycle section)

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so do you have suggestions on how to get around it; for example would using the Monster glasses make a difference?

On a similar note; although the detail in 3d was way better than the Epson, I found the Epson to have more depth; i.e. the snowflakes over Paris in Hugo were literally hitting me in the face on the Epson, but not on the Sony - would also welcome any comments from folk about how to get more depth from the Sony without introducing crosstalk.

were all conditions same? confused.gif
post #1530 of 3345
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 View Post

were all conditions same? confused.gif

well, only thing that was the same is that we were both using projectors ( different models as noted ) and that we were trying to play downloaded 3d content ( different files )

but the HSBS movie was being forced into 3d by side by side forced 3d on the Epson. Very weird and a hard issue to google.

So really nothing was the same in both situations lol... only somewhat commonality was 2 projectors ( one doing frame packed the other HSBS with 2 different 3d movies ) and that it was downloaded 3d content.

Only thing i can think is the scene releasing whatever it was did not rencode the movie correctly but i cannot say that for sure...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official Sony VPL-HW50ES Owners Thread