Originally Posted by gnolivos
Looking through the HW50 manual, I could not find any reference to those iris setting you mention.
They're not in the menus for the 30 or the 95 either. They're only available in "Service Mode" (enter at your own risk). This is how it works on the 30 and the 95:
- Press Enter-Enter-Left-Enter on your remote, and it will ask if you want to enter service mode. Answer "Yes", and you're in.
- Press "Menu" , and you can now scroll all the way down past the bottom of the list to the bottom of the menu bar where it says "Device". When you highlight "Device", you'll see a bunch more menu options.
- In that menu, select "Other".
- You'll see item 01 - "Iris/Adjust". It's set to "0". Leave it there. Use the "down" button to move to the second menu choice.
- Item 02 is "Iris/Open Reg". Use your left and right buttons to set the value you like. I'd recommend starting by going down between 50-75 from the stock value (stock is normally around 620-670, but this number is different on each machine). RECORD YOUR STOCK VALUE so you can go back to that setting if you like.
- Once you've set your "Iris/Open Reg" value, press the "down" button to go to "Iris/Close Reg", and again lower by 50-75 or so to start. The stock value for this one is probably around 350 somewhere. As per the last one, record your stock value first.
- When you're done, press enter, and you're back to the "Device" menu. The last menu item within the "Device" menu lets you save your settings if you like. If you don't, they will be reset on your next power-up.
Don't play with any of the other settings. Once you crank those down by maybe 50-75 to start, do some testing and see what you think.
My 95 is currently running with Iris/Open Reg at 550 and Iris/Close Reg at 225, down from stock values of about 640 and 340 (can't find my old settings sheet....).