Originally Posted by mdavej
Actually the lack of interest says a lot. It means that you are correct that logitech hasn't yet released a compelling replacement for the One. I think the Touch is a good effort and a step in the right direction (sequences are back and improved, touch screen and GUI is improved, and myharmony is finally getting more features). Hopefully were on the cusp of several new releases from Logitech (just speculation on my part).
I like the idea of a better touch screen but IMHO it belongs at the top like on the Harmony One. Removing some of the media controls and numbers is also a mistake. Most people like to surf and do other things while watching TV that don't require looking at the remote.
To make a ideal remote for me-
1. Take the same physical keys as the Harmony 900
2. Put media controls just BELOW the screen - e.g. FF, RW, pause etc.
3. Put the volume arrows etc, just below that.
4. Put numbers below that
5 Put menu and other less often used buttons at the bottom.
6. Use better batteries
7. Use rubber buttons
8. Use MUCH MUCH better rockers/toggles - the ones in the harmony one's wear out too quickly.
9. Do the same thing but also make those same functions on the One with a slide out keyboard - same layout as the improved harmony one suggested with features 1-8