or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Vizio E601-A3 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vizio E601-A3 Owners Thread - Page 90

post #2671 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcraft View Post

I'm sure iautotron understands the update procedure, but not that the unit was reset to the factory specs.
SC
.
That's what I didn't understand, or perhaps I misread, when the poster bxb11 stated:
"Just turned on my Vizio E601-A3 WAN 41 and it went into setup mode. After going through the setup procedure and restoring the CNET settings, I..."

My question then became, why did his set revert back to the default or setup mode requiring him to start his setup from the beginning, including restoration of his settings? This is the part I didn't understand and whether this is an isolated aberration, or the fate that eventually will befall the rest of us if, and when, our "software version 2.0.21" is automatically updated by Vizio.

Has this happened to anyone else (so far)?

Anyway, my WAN50, latest Firmware Version 1.1.5, has performed flawlessly since installation on December 29 and an event such as the one described by the poster would represent a minor setback if something like this were to occur requiring me to go through the setup and settings procedure all over again.

Gene smile.gif
post #2672 of 3770
I received the update as well, most of my video setting seem to be fine, I just had to re add my wifi profile. and change the ambient light sensor to off, everything else seems intact.
post #2673 of 3770
I received my replacement unit today with WBP23 and version 2.0.19. Not sure yet what the firmware differences are.
post #2674 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautotron View Post

.
What? eek.gif
...

Why would a set just take it upon itself to go into setup mode without the owner's participation,

making it necessary for the owner to now "power cycle" and "restore all the settings" ?

Gene confused.gif

Sorry I didn't understand why he seemed PO'd.
post #2675 of 3770
I honestly don't know why the 2.0.21 firmware update caused my E601-A3 to enter into setup mode. My wife used the set before I got home from work and she is insisting that it went into setup mode when she first turned it on. After I went through the entire setup process, including entering language, time zone, etc and restoring the CNET video settings, the tv would again return to setup mode after being turned off and back on. This was only remedied after a power cycle suggested by Vizio customer support. My inability to connect to my wireless access point was caused by using the remote keyboard (all caps) instead of the onscreen keyboard (thanks JeffKinslow). The set is now working flawlessly and the apps are indeed smoother and speedier.
Edited by bxb11 - 6/25/13 at 5:44pm
post #2676 of 3770
Picked up one today at BB for $999.. love it so far but man the sound is worse than I expected... what sound bar is everyone using?

SN# is LFTRNWBP1904139.. have not checked FW yet
post #2677 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdurrant View Post

Picked up one today at BB for $999.. love it so far but man the sound is worse than I expected... what sound bar is everyone using?

SN# is LFTRNWBP1904139.. have not checked FW yet

Walmart had a load of Vizio VSB207 refurbs for 58 bucks. It's the bottom of the food chin but added some bass and a generally fuller sound than the set's speakers.
post #2678 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

Walmart had a load of Vizio VSB207 refurbs for 58 bucks. It's the bottom of the food chin but added some bass and a generally fuller sound than the set's speakers.

Thanks for the heads up! I will check it out.
post #2679 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2799 View Post

This happened again today?? Any idea why, or has anyone else noticed it? My son was watching Cartoon Network and the screen goes black for about 2sec. (Does not lose audio tho) it did this about 3 times very quickly and when the picture comes back the TV INFO is in the top right corner, 1080i, HDMI 1...etc.

I had this problem with my E601 set, and it was an issue with the HDMI handshake. What I did was in my Harmony remote, after the Activity starts I change the input from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2, and then back to HDMI 1. I used to have the issue multiple times per night, and once I did this I haven't had it once except for signal issues where the signal quality is very low. If you do not have a Harmony or other 'smart' remote, once your source device has powered up, try changing input on each device in the chain to the display. For example, I have HDMI from DVR to Receiver, then from Receiver to TV. I have all three power up, then Receiver switch input to Game, then back to DVR, then TV switch input from HDMI 2 then back to HDMI 1. If you only have Cable box and then TV, just try switching input on the TV to something else and back if it starts happening.

Before I read about the issue, I thought it was my HDMI cables. After I tried 5 different cables I thought it might be the TV. Getting a replacement set didn't help either.
post #2680 of 3770
Thanks for the response. I was worried it was the TV, but it may be my reciever. I have the same set up as you...directv DVR hdmi into the reciever, then HDMI from reciever into the tv. I do have a Harmony One remote can i set it up to change from HDMI 1, then to HDMI 2, then back to HDMI 1 automatically?? Or do I have to change them manually after everything starts up. Last thing what kind of reciever do you have? Mine is a Onkyo
post #2681 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinmen View Post

I had this problem with my E601 set, and it was an issue with the HDMI handshake. What I did was in my Harmony remote, after the Activity starts I change the input from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2, and then back to HDMI 1. I used to have the issue multiple times per night, and once I did this I haven't had it once except for signal issues where the signal quality is very low. If you do not have a Harmony or other 'smart' remote, once your source device has powered up, try changing input on each device in the chain to the display. For example, I have HDMI from DVR to Receiver, then from Receiver to TV. I have all three power up, then Receiver switch input to Game, then back to DVR, then TV switch input from HDMI 2 then back to HDMI 1. If you only have Cable box and then TV, just try switching input on the TV to something else and back if it starts happening.

Before I read about the issue, I thought it was my HDMI cables. After I tried 5 different cables I thought it might be the TV. Getting a replacement set didn't help either.
I had another thought on this "HDMI handshake" issue. All of my components are going into my receiver, then from my receiver to my TV into HDMI 1. What if I just went from my receiver to HDMI 2 on my TV. I would have to change it on my harmony remote to go to HDMI 2 for everything, but my thought is there may be an issue with HDMI 1 on the TV.??? It's worth a shot. I may change inputs tonight and watch TV for a few days and see what happens.
post #2682 of 3770
always good to try the easy fixes first smile.gif
post #2683 of 3770
I got the walmart refurb deal with a 3yr warranty. I am actually a Vizio warranty repair tech but have yet to deal with this set, which is surprising with all the initial issues they had. Does anyone have links to the different calibrations that have been used on this set? Just want to get a couple of starting points to tweak from. I have the CNET settings, but was wondering about others that have been used.
post #2684 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2799 View Post

I had another thought on this "HDMI handshake" issue. All of my components are going into my receiver, then from my receiver to my TV into HDMI 1. What if I just went from my receiver to HDMI 2 on my TV. I would have to change it on my harmony remote to go to HDMI 2 for everything, but my thought is there may be an issue with HDMI 1 on the TV.??? It's worth a shot. I may change inputs tonight and watch TV for a few days and see what happens.
Switch everything to HDMI 2 this morning. Haven't notice the "HDMI handshake" yet. May be just a problem with HDMI 1.
post #2685 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2799 View Post

I had another thought on this "HDMI handshake" issue. All of my components are going into my receiver, then from my receiver to my TV into HDMI 1. What if I just went from my receiver to HDMI 2 on my TV. I would have to change it on my harmony remote to go to HDMI 2 for everything, but my thought is there may be an issue with HDMI 1 on the TV.??? It's worth a shot. I may change inputs tonight and watch TV for a few days and see what happens.
Switch everything to HDMI 2 this morning. Haven't notice the "HDMI handshake" yet. May be just a problem with HDMI 1.
post #2686 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2799 View Post

I had another thought on this "HDMI handshake" issue. All of my components are going into my receiver, then from my receiver to my TV into HDMI 1. What if I just went from my receiver to HDMI 2 on my TV. I would have to change it on my harmony remote to go to HDMI 2 for everything, but my thought is there may be an issue with HDMI 1 on the TV.??? It's worth a shot. I may change inputs tonight and watch TV for a few days and see what happens.
Switch everything to HDMI 2 this morning. Haven't notice the "HDMI handshake" yet. May be just a problem with HDMI 1.
post #2687 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwasoundsystem View Post

I got the walmart refurb deal with a 3yr warranty. I am actually a Vizio warranty repair tech but have yet to deal with this set, which is surprising with all the initial issues they had. Does anyone have links to the different calibrations that have been used on this set? Just want to get a couple of starting points to tweak from. I have the CNET settings, but was wondering about others that have been used.

Someone on the E70 thread collected all the settings in the entire thread there's a bunch! eek.gif
post #2688 of 3770
I have a situation here. Shortly after getting the new firmware 2.0.21 (3 days later) my TV picture goes black and 3 alarms sound through speakers every min.

Contacted Vizio support and went through the normal, unplug, hold power button down for 30 seconds, system reset, etc. Still picture goes blank within a minute and 3 alarms sound.

Vizio stated that TV is bad and will send out a replacement.

Well on my own I did a Factory reset, and now it seems to be working fine!

So... keep TV as is or take the new (is it new?) TV?

PS: purchased TV Nov 2012
post #2689 of 3770
Nevermind I found the download about 7 pages back.
post #2690 of 3770
Picture mode:
Custom
Backlight 80
Brightness 54
Contrast 65
Color 49
Tint 0
Sharpness 1

Color Temp:
Custom
Red Gain 104
Green Gain 128
Blue Gain 0
Red Offset 129
Green Offset 128
Blue Offset 134
post #2691 of 3770
Picture mode:
Custom
Backlight 80
Brightness 54
Contrast 65
Color 49
Tint 0
Sharpness 1

Color Temp:
Custom
Red Gain 104
Green Gain 128
Blue Gain 0
Red Offset 129
Green Offset 128
Blue Offset 134
post #2692 of 3770
Hello... I have a question... After the update is anyone elses tv making a popping sound when you turn it on through a sound bar hooked up through the RCA audio out jacks?

The other thing that I noticed is that the Vizio logo when you first turn on the tv seems much dimmer for me now, as it was bright before the update, is this true for everyone else with this update?
and why did I have to go through and power cycle my tv and why did this update reset all my TV settings including picture/calibrations!?!
post #2693 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban309 View Post

Hello... I have a question... After the update is anyone elses tv making a popping sound when you turn it on through a sound bar hooked up through the RCA audio out jacks?

The other thing that I noticed is that the Vizio logo when you first turn on the tv seems much dimmer for me now, as it was bright before the update, is this true for everyone else with this update?
and why did I have to go through and power cycle my tv and why did this update reset all my TV settings including picture/calibrations!?!

My soundbar pops if I leave it on after I turn the TV off, not loud just a little cry of distress, smile.gif Yes, my logo has become dimmer. I did not have to power cycle, the only thing I had to do was reenter my wifi info.
post #2694 of 3770
Which update provides Skype functionality? Just got my walmart refurb, it updated to 1.1.5 last night but didn't see the Skype app.
post #2695 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban309 View Post

Hello... I have a question... After the update is anyone elses tv making a popping sound when you turn it on through a sound bar hooked up through the RCA audio out jacks?

The other thing that I noticed is that the Vizio logo when you first turn on the tv seems much dimmer for me now, as it was bright before the update, is this true for everyone else with this update?
'
I can't speak to your soundbar issues, but everything else you described happened to me when I received the 2.0.21 firmware update.
post #2696 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwasoundsystem View Post

Which update provides Skype functionality? Just got my walmart refurb, it updated to 1.1.5 last night but didn't see the Skype app.

You will have to install the Skype app from the store.
post #2697 of 3770
My personal 60" just got the update. The logo seems a tad darker I guess. No pops through the sound bar at all. Other than that, my TV seems the same. Lip sync seems gone, but a little early to tell. Also, my TV seems to remember my wifi. Hopefully my work 70" gets the update soon!
post #2698 of 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by btswein View Post

My personal 60" just got the update. The logo seems a tad darker I guess. No pops through the sound bar at all. Seems to "boot" quicker. Other than that, my TV seems the same. Lip sync seems gone, but a little early to tell. Also, my TV seems to remember my wifi. Hopefully my work 70" gets the update soon!
post #2699 of 3770
My set also updated yesterday. I did not have to re-enter any information. I just received a message when I turned on my set telling me that it was updated and asked me to pick a language. Everything else was fine.
post #2700 of 3770
I have 2.0.21 and I never went to install applications and I noticed I have mgo and Skype installed, I don't recall them being on my TV last time I checked it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Vizio E601-A3 Owners Thread