or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Vizio E601-A3 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vizio E601-A3 Owners Thread - Page 33

post #961 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

Have you asked the cable company how to do it?

that should of been my first option but i figured i would just ask in here first.. but i will be calling
post #962 of 3777
I called Comcast about the lip sync problem and explained to him that setting the box to L-PCM should fix the problem. He tells me "I doubt that is the problem"... Instead he went through the usual resetting of the box and such.. I will be calling back once the lip sync issue comes back later tonight..
post #963 of 3777
Still just playing with the new set but
LOOKS AWESOME!! haha
also in the audio settings there is a lip sync button, haven't played with it as I have no probs so far
post #964 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjara03 View Post

I called Comcast about the lip sync problem and explained to him that setting the box to L-PCM should fix the problem. He tells me "I doubt that is the problem"... Instead he went through the usual resetting of the box and such.. I will be calling back once the lip sync issue comes back later tonight..

dont tell them your having problems, just ask how to get the box into LPCM mode....
post #965 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by schex View Post

Still just playing with the new set but
LOOKS AWESOME!! haha
also in the audio settings there is a lip sync button, haven't played with it as I have no probs so far

the lip sync correction setting on the tv only adjusts one way, it doesnt help with the issues that these tv's are having....its a cable/sat box issue....
post #966 of 3777
A questions to those who know audio.

I have my cable box and blu ray player connected to my Vizio via HDMI. From the TV I have an optical to my receiver. Using the cable box I can get Dolby 5.1 sound no problem.

However playing a DTS blu ray my receiver does not display DTS. I was under the impression that using PCM the binary data would simply 'flow' through the TV to the receiver.

Is this possible or do I have to run a digital cable (like I use to) from my blu ray to my receiver.

PS Old receiver no HDMI
post #967 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmako View Post

A questions to those who know audio.
I have my cable box and blu ray player connected to my Vizio via HDMI. From the TV I have an optical to my receiver. Using the cable box I can get Dolby 5.1 sound no problem.
However playing a DTS blu ray my receiver does not display DTS. I was under the impression that using PCM the binary data would simply 'flow' through the TV to the receiver.
Is this possible or do I have to run a digital cable (like I use to) from my blu ray to my receiver.
PS Old receiver no HDMI

i could be wrong, but i believe you will need a reciever with hdmi...everything will go to the reciever via hdmi, then 1 hdmi going from your reciever to the tv....
post #968 of 3777
So you run --
optical out from TV to receiver
receiver has optical in from TV only
HDMI from Cable box to TV
HDMI from BR to TV

and the TV can pass through the audio to the receiver from cable but not BR???
I didn't even think you would get the cable
post #969 of 3777
To Tjara03.

All I will say is "It worked for me"

No Need to call Comcast,
1.Turn on TV
2. Turn off Comcast Box with Remote.
3. Push MENU on comcast remote.
4. Look @ TV and select down to HDMI setting with comcast remote
5. Change to L-PCM, NOT AUTO or Pass Through.
6. Push power OFF on Comcast remote.

That's IT- Takes 2 minutes and fixes the Audio Lip sync issue on digital channels after a commercial.

*Congratulations and Happy New Year
post #970 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by schex View Post

So you run --
optical out from TV to receiver
receiver has optical in from TV only
HDMI from Cable box to TV
HDMI from BR to TV
and the TV can pass through the audio to the receiver from cable but not BR???
I didn't even think you would get the cable

if you want any sound to come through your reciever then that item will have to be hooked up to your reciever....ie your br player....the optical from your tv to your reciever is putting your tv through the reciever, but nothing else....
post #971 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWF FLORIDA View Post

To Tjara03.
All I will say is "It worked for me"
No Need to call Comcast,
1.Turn on TV
2. Turn off Comcast Box with Remote.
3. Push MENU on comcast remote.
4. Look @ TV and select down to HDMI setting with comcast remote
5. Change to L-PCM, NOT AUTO or Pass Through.
6. Push power OFF on Comcast remote.
That's IT- Takes 2 minutes and fixes the Audio Lip sync issue on digital channels after a commercial.
*Congratulations and Happy New Year

Thanks, but I already tried that. There is no option for L-PCM on my box. It has HDMI/YPbPr Output with Pass thru, 1080i, 720p, and 480p std as options.. I don't see an audio output selection anywhere.

The box I have is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC.
post #972 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjara03 View Post

Thanks, but I already tried that. There is no option for L-PCM on my box. It has HDMI/YPbPr Output with Pass thru, 1080i, 720p, and 480p std as options.. I don't see an audio output selection anywhere.
The box I have is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC.

Does your provider have more than one box? I have two in the house and both are different. It doesn't seem that this should be an insurmountable problem to get LPCM audio output to your TV. If you have sync issues I can promise it's worth the effort.
post #973 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

Does your provider have more than one box? I have two in the house and both are different. It doesn't seem that this should be an insurmountable problem to get LPCM audio output to your TV. If you have sync issues I can promise it's worth the effort.

I am on the phone with them now. This person seems clueless so far.. I may have to look into another box.

edit: apparently my box does not support L-PCM. Also, he said that the box I have is the only HD DVR box they offer... Looks like I may have to call the local comcast office to see if this is true.
post #974 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjara03 View Post

Thanks, but I already tried that. There is no option for L-PCM on my box. It has HDMI/YPbPr Output with Pass thru, 1080i, 720p, and 480p std as options.. I don't see an audio output selection anywhere.
The box I have is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC.

The audio output was on a second page for me...might want to keep scrolling down to see if the cursor goes on to a new page.
post #975 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjara03 View Post

Thanks, but I already tried that. There is no option for L-PCM on my box. It has HDMI/YPbPr Output with Pass thru, 1080i, 720p, and 480p std as options.. I don't see an audio output selection anywhere.
The box I have is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC.

Looked up your box...at the link here:

http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/settopboxes/8300DVRUserManual.pdf

On page 8 it says something about L-PCM being "Other." This is normally set to Dolby Digital during the automatic setup but the manual describes changing later.
post #976 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjara03 View Post

I am on the phone with them now. This person seems clueless so far.. I may have to look into another box.
edit: apparently my box does not support L-PCM. Also, he said that the box I have is the only HD DVR box they offer... Looks like I may have to call the local comcast office to see if this is true.

post #977 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrn View Post

The audio output was on a second page for me...might want to keep scrolling down to see if the cursor goes on to a new page.

I dont seem to have a second page on mine.. It just cyles back to the top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wader2k View Post

Looked up your box...at the link here:
http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/settopboxes/8300DVRUserManual.pdf
On page 8 it says something about L-PCM being "Other." This is normally set to Dolby Digital during the automatic setup but the manual describes changing later.

Thanks, but so far no luck.. It says to push the "settings" button twice. I don't see a settings button anywhere. Not on the box nor the controller that I have. Weird.....

Thanks for all the help. I could not find anything involving digital audio but I made some changes within the settings. I have to run to the store so I am going to leave the tv running and check it when I get back. Hopefully it makes a difference.
Edited by tjara03 - 12/19/12 at 12:14pm
post #978 of 3777
** Deleted. Wrong thread sorry! **
post #979 of 3777
I'm still 'hoping' the $688 deal resurfaces (somewhere) after the Holidays cool.gif
post #980 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlucio210 View Post

So my TV has not been responding to the remote or the control panel for volume or to select a different input, one of the members here stated that it was the wireless network so i set up the tv directly to ethernet. Problem seemed to have gone away, however, when i turn my desktop on which had a wireless USB adapter the issues return, which lead me to believe that there is some frequency interference. So i am unable to use my desktop while my TV is on. Has this happened to anyone? Is this normal? I have a technician coming to address the non responsiveness but it works when my computer is not on. Any advice?
Oh my lip synce issues were resolved when i purchased an HDMI from Monster with gold tips
I have the same problem. Lynksys e3000 router, windows vista PC, norton 360. When my Desktop is on and my tv is hooked up to the network I can't use any functions ( volume, input, menu or even power). This is both wired and wireless. By not connecting wireless I just remove the network cable or turn of the desktop and tv works fine. I assume either the norton firewall or the settings on network adaptor on my pc (ipv6 or QoS or something is causing the issue. I'll let you know if one of these things resolve it.
post #981 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarc23 View Post

I have the same problem. Lynksys e3000 router, windows vista PC, norton 360. When my Desktop is on and my tv is hooked up to the network I can't use any functions ( volume, input, menu or even power). This is both wired and wireless. By not connecting wireless I just remove the network cable or turn of the desktop and tv works fine. I assume either the norton firewall or the settings on network adaptor on my pc (ipv6 or QoS or something is causing the issue. I'll let you know if one of these things resolve it.

Well I figured out what's causing the issue, it's the frequency of my wireless adapter and my TV, they both run at 2.4ghz as does many of my other devices but for some strange reason it is locking up while I have my computer on with my linksys USB adaptor, now my adaptor is a dual band so it can go 2.4 or 5ghz which can be configured thru my modem/router however when I change my router to 5ghz my wife's iPhone 4S and my ps3 can not discover the Internet due to the fact that those devices are only 2.4ghz capable so at this point the only thing I can do is not turn my desktop on while I'm watching TV which is pretty annoying, if you find anything out please let me know
post #982 of 3777
I have 2 of these sets sitting in my garage as we are buying a new house and should be moving in over the next week. Anyone have a good wal mount that will swivel out from the wall as well?? Cheap is always better:)
post #983 of 3777
To Tjara03


Go to Comcast and get an xfinity box by PACE

Hope this helps you, Good Luck
Edited by JWF FLORIDA - 12/20/12 at 12:24pm
post #984 of 3777
Should one be overly concerned about the long term quality of this Vizio? I've been reading for days and just can't make up my mind. I'm not so much worried about the initial issues that may or may not be there, but if it makes it through that I don't want a TV that will die within a few years. Just looking for MORE opinions. It seems to me there's some initial issues across all brands but it's the long term quality that I'm unsure about vs brands like Sony, Samsung, Sharp, etc...

Also, does the optical out send 5.1 when watching Netflix?
Edited by a707 - 12/20/12 at 2:18pm
post #985 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmako View Post

A questions to those who know audio.
I have my cable box and blu ray player connected to my Vizio via HDMI. From the TV I have an optical to my receiver. Using the cable box I can get Dolby 5.1 sound no problem.
However playing a DTS blu ray my receiver does not display DTS. I was under the impression that using PCM the binary data would simply 'flow' through the TV to the receiver.
Is this possible or do I have to run a digital cable (like I use to) from my blu ray to my receiver.
PS Old receiver no HDMI

If you want your receiver to do the decoding you will have to run a cable from the source to your receiver. Most TV's won't pass DTS through (some won't even pass DD through) which is why your DTS indicator doesn't light up on the receiver.
post #986 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by a707 View Post

Should one be overly concerned about the long term quality of this Vizio? I've been reading for days and just can't make up my mind. I'm not so much worried about the initial issues that may or may not be there, but if it makes it through that I don't want a TV that will die within a few years. Just looking for MORE opinions. It seems to me there's some initial issues across all brands but it's the long term quality that I'm unsure about vs brands like Sony, Samsung, Sharp, etc...
Also, does the optical out send 5.1 when watching Netflix?

back in the day, tv's lasted 20+ years....i just dont know if thats the case anymore...my last tv was a sony lcd rear projection tv, lasted 6 years...its now in the extra room with what is know as the sony blue blob....
post #987 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnier6 View Post

back in the day, tv's lasted 20+ years....i just dont know if thats the case anymore...my last tv was a sony lcd rear projection tv, lasted 6 years...its now in the extra room with what is know as the sony blue blob....

It isn't that they break, they become outdated. I bought a 65" Olevia in 2008 for 2300, it was hot stuff in '08 but not so much now. The tech on my E60 is so far advanced over the 08 it's like watching a cave drawing compared to the E60. My other TV is an '07 47" Toshiba that I paid 1700 for and was damn glad to get it. Both of those old TVs work great and I can't wait to get them out of my house.

I expect in four years I'll be getting an 80" 4k for a couple of grand, they get old before they break. The days of keeping a CRT for 15 years are behind us.
post #988 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWF FLORIDA View Post

To Tjara03
Go to Comcast and get an xfinity box by PACE
Hope this helps you, Good Luck

Thanks. Is this box an HD DVR? I am planning on heading over there soon to see what is available.
post #989 of 3777
I am closely looking to purchase this TV set as it looks to be the perfect bargain. Since I don't have a cable box I assume the lipsync issue won't be a problem? Are there any other known issues that are above minor that I should know about?

Thanks
post #990 of 3777
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSMAN View Post

I am closely looking to purchase this TV set as it looks to be the perfect bargain. Since I don't have a cable box I assume the lipsync issue won't be a problem? Are there any other known issues that are above minor that I should know about?
Thanks

I am in day 28 with mine and have decided its a keeper. My only issue is with off angle viewing. The reviews are spot on that this TV is designed to watch from directly in front of it. Move off angle even 10 degrees and it has major washout but I have decided I will live with it. I have not had any audio sync issue (no ST box for me) or other feathering issues that you will read in this thread. I personally like to rename the TV channels and that is not an option on this set but a minor annoyance..not a deal breaker.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Vizio E601-A3 Owners Thread