My ruling: If no one has recognized the image by 24 hours from now, you get it.
* * *
The rules are flexible and ill-defined, something like Calvinball
Someone who recognizes an image deserves the point more than someone who researches it, and that person has earned it more than someone who has a direct lookup technique.
But, if no one recognizes it within some reasonable period of time, then research becomes justifiable.
(1) Whoever posts a challenge can state whatever rules they want.
(2) Obeying the rules is on the honor system. This is the one place in the universe where I know it will work.
(3) The general rules for my challenges are:
- Direct lookups are always banned (example: Google's reverse image search)
- Within the first 48 hours, no researched submissions. Only actual recognition or guesses.
- Guessing is allowed anytime, but if wrong, you are in the penalty box for that challenge for 24 hours.
- After 48 hours, research is allowed.
-BillEdited by wmcclain - 11/24/12 at 7:25am