or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › The Ongoing "Name That Movie" Contest
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ongoing "Name That Movie" Contest - Page 17

post #481 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post


Snow White and the Huntsman.

Yes, although those who haven't seen it will not know that the character shown is neither of the title characters.

-Bill
post #482 of 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Yes, although those who haven't seen it will not know that the character shown is neither of the title characters.
-Bill

It was the broken and muddy town that sparked the memory for me.
post #483 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Name that movie:



Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Carnival of Souls

-Bill
Edited by wmcclain - 1/10/13 at 10:24am
post #484 of 2739
post #485 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sargent View Post

Bandits (2001)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0219965/

Correct! With Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton and...wait for it...Cate Blanchett:

Lavc54.59.100

Lavc54.59.100

-Bill
post #486 of 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Correct! With Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton and...wait for it...Cate Blanchett:
-Bill

eek.gif ...Must-see!!!! wink.gif

I kind of knew about this movie but never saw it... I'll probably rent it next weekend... this thread is cool, but it can be helpful too! smile.gif
post #487 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Name that movie:



Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Princess Bride

-Bill
Edited by wmcclain - 1/9/13 at 11:08am
post #488 of 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:

-Bill

The Princess Bride.
post #489 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post


The Princess Bride.

Herself! Review: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1259578/review-films-of-the-1980s-here/150#post_22806407

-Bill
post #490 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:



-Bill

Still available.



-Bill
post #491 of 2739
Hazarding a guess for the above...Carnival of Souls.
post #492 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LineWalker View Post

Hazarding a guess for the above...Carnival of Souls.

You guess correctly!

-Bill
post #493 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Name that movie:



Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Blade: Trinity

-Bill
Edited by wmcclain - 1/12/13 at 8:50am
post #494 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Name that movie:

Lavc54.59.100

Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Waterworld

-Bill
Edited by wmcclain - 1/11/13 at 9:07am
post #495 of 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:

Lavc54.59.100

-Bill

Waterworld. And yes, I don't hate it. ;-)
post #496 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post


Waterworld. And yes, I don't hate it. ;-)

That was quick.

I don't hate Jeanne Tripplehorn:

Lavc54.59.100

-Bill
post #497 of 2739
Dammit, I knew that one! He's drinking his own pee!
post #498 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:



-Bill

A little more, so to speak:



-Bill
post #499 of 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

A little more, so to speak:



-Bill

Jessica Biel in Blade 3?

I haven't had much luck with the more obscure titles here lately.
post #500 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

Jessica Biel in Blade 3?

I haven't had much luck with the more obscure titles here lately.

I knew that would get your attention:



Did I mention I have bad films on hand?

-Bill
post #501 of 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

I knew that would get your attention:



Did I mention I have bad films on hand?

-Bill

Don't we all biggrin.gif
post #502 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Name that movie:



Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The King of Marvin Gardens

-Bill
Edited by wmcclain - 1/12/13 at 2:10pm
post #503 of 2739
The King of Marvin Gardens
post #504 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dledmo View Post

The King of Marvin Gardens

Correct.

-Bill
post #505 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Name that movie:



Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Keoma

-Bill
Edited by wmcclain - 1/16/13 at 6:35am
post #506 of 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:



-Bill

Does his recent role in Django Unchained spark this entry? wink.gif
post #507 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post


Does his recent role in Django Unchained spark this entry? wink.gif

Haven't seen it! You must have a title in mind...

-Bill
post #508 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:



-Bill

Hints:

  • The actor has a large filmography.
  • He played this character more than once.
  • It comes from the land of badly dubbed Westerns.
  • The title is available on Blu-ray,




-Bill
post #509 of 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Haven't seen it! You must have a title in mind...

-Bill

Keoma.

Blue-eyed Italian Franco Nero made a career of doing spaghetti westerns in the 60's and 70's, many were just ripoffs of Sergio Leone's films.

One of his first was the original Django. I do like him as actor since he brings the gravitas necessary for many of his roles.
post #510 of 2739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

Keoma.

Blue-eyed Italian Franco Nero made a career of doing spaghetti westerns in the 60's and 70's, many were just ripoffs of Sergio Leone's films.

One of his first was the original Django. I do like him as actor since he brings the gravitas necessary for many of his roles.

Correct! Also known as Django Rides Again.

The Blu-ray also has The Grand Duel with Lee van Cleef. I'm not reviewing either; nothing to say.

-Bill
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › The Ongoing "Name That Movie" Contest