or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › In Thread Search background issue
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

In Thread Search background issue

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Clicking on "Search this Thread" at the top of the page results in a separate pop up Search window as expected ....
 

 

 
 
.... however, clicking on the one at the bottom of the page results in no separate pop-up window, rather it's overwritten on the existing page  ...(using IE9).
 
 

 

post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Clicking on "Search this Thread" at the top of the page results in a separate pop up Search window as expected ....
 

 

 
 
.... however, clicking on the one at the bottom of the page results in no separate pop-up window, rather it's overwritten on the existing page  ...(using IE9).
 
 

 

 

We haven't been able to reproduce this one yet in IE9 / Win7.  What OS are you using?  Are you seeing this on every thread page every time?  Do you have compatibility view enabled?

 

Thanks!

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
IE9/Win 7 -  Compatability mode was off, but a recent O/S update was installed which apparently affected compatibility mode so I cycled compatibility ON/OFF and that seems to have resolved the issue.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristina7 View Post

 

We haven't been able to reproduce this one yet in IE9 / Win7.  What OS are you using?  Are you seeing this on every thread page every time?  Do you have compatibility view enabled?

 

Thanks!

 

Cristina and JD, I'm not seeing the issue reported by JD either (IE9/Win7).
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

 

Cristina and JD, I'm not seeing the issue reported by JD either (IE9/Win7).

 

I've seen it, and at least one other user (sebberry) has seen it also, with XP and IE8.   See this Thread:  http://www.avsforum.com/t/1433880/lost-ability-to-edit-post-search-this-thread-etc#post_22495686

 

It appears that it always happens on the "second" attempt.  For instance, click "Search this Thread" at the top button, then cancel it.  Then click "Search this Thread" at the bottom button and you get the transparent search dialog.    Close IE then come back to the forum again.  This time try the lower "Search this Thread" button first, then when you try the upper button it will have the transparent dialog box.

post #6 of 9
I'm on my iPad now, and there is a different problem. When I click on the Search This Thread at the bottom of the page, the Advanced Search link is dead--won't even open.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

 

I've seen it, and at least one other user (sebberry) has seen it also, with XP and IE8.   See this Thread:  http://www.avsforum.com/t/1433880/lost-ability-to-edit-post-search-this-thread-etc#post_22495686

 

 

I'm on IE9 with Windows 7 and noticed that it happened when I tried in Firefox.
post #8 of 9

It happens with Windows XP and Chrome also . . .

post #9 of 9

We were able to reproduce and have a ticket filed to fix.  Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Forum Operations Center
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › In Thread Search background issue