Originally Posted by Leonos
I am currently in doubt between the Acer H9500BD and BenQ's W1070.
Its just for watching 2D and 3D movies occasionally, not for watching the news
Distance PJ and screen is about 9ft and screen-size is 80", so both PJ are possible.
In 2 different calculations the Acer is the brightest in this setup but I have my doubts if this is correct.
Cannot imagine that the W1070 which is praised for it's brightness loses this from the Acer.
One review states that the W1070's 3D mode is somewhat disappointing regarding to depth and pop-outs.
In this review the Acer's 3D is 'WOW' and awarded.
In the Acer's review on AVS there seems to be hardware or software issues sometimes, but maybe all new beamers have those.
Some pros and cons.
- both vertical and horizontal lens-shift
- more zoom possible
- (maybe) better 3D
- compatible with more DLP link glasses
- Acer's glasses are good looking and light weighted
- Better better blacks and color
- reported hardware / software issues
- brightness is reported as weak, especially in 3D mode (don't know if thats an issue on close range projection)
- short bulb life
- Great brightness
- No hardware / software issues reported
- nice and small thingy
- long bulb life
- 'maybe' bad 3D depth/popout (due to the short-throw ?)
- no horizontal lens-shift
- vertical lens-shift limited
- heavy, ugly and expensive 3D glasses
- glasses not compatible with most DLP link glasses
- leaks light.
- hidden bugs yet to be reported ?
So who can give me some advice here ?
Is 3D really that bad on the BenQ projector and is the Acer really that unreliable with software and hardware ?