Originally Posted by smokarz
Look at what the FedEx man just brought on this stormy Northeast day.
Manufacture date of Jan 2013, Hardware Rev 1.03. Likely FW version 1.04 (I have to fire this up to confirm).
Had some fun with my new toy last night. It is indeed FW 1.04, so I guess if you get them from Amazon, they're most likely to be FW 1.04.
A few quick observations, though they have been mentioned numerous times already on this thread.
1) Out of the box settings look exceptional (Smart Eco, Cinema, BC off)
2) The image is very bright and punchy. Colors are deep and rich
3) This projector really shine with animations such as Cars, Toy Story, etc. It really is like seeing the image through a window.
4) Sharpness and clarity is incredible. And yes, no more motion blur from LCD
5) I also watch the Dark Knight, and I can't complain about the blacks from this unit. It's very impressive, but then again I don't have a JVC to compare to. This projector does offer that cinema like experience. It's as close to watching the movie on my Pannie plasma.
6) I was not bother by the noise at all. I had this temporarily sitting on a table, and I am about 2ft behind it. Once the movie started, I didn't notice any noise coming from it.
7) No obvious light leak that I've notice so far. At least, I wasn't looking for it. If it was that bad, I am sure it would have stuck out like a sore thumb, but I was too immersed with the content on screen to either look for it or notice it.
I do have a batcave with dark color walls and slightly greyish green, so I guess that play a part with the black level. I am sure, I am missing something but that's for now. I'll try to post some screenshots tomorrow when I have time.
I believe my Epson 8100 will have to find a new home.