or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 14

post #391 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbox1080p View Post

I just bought an optoma gt750 and I am hooked on the smooth motion from dlp as its my first one. I owned lcd's in the past and they dont deliver, has there been a us release date and gaming lag stats posted?

I was going to buy a gt750E a few weeks from now, but now that I saw this maybe I should wait? If it's going to be $1,200 then I will pass still on the fence.

I just saw the person with a 8' ceiling well mine is 7.9' and 9' away from the screen, I think I'm going to have to pass on this one lol.
Edited by SubaruB4 - 12/3/12 at 4:46pm
post #392 of 8430
Turns out my Runco CL-710 is a repackaged BenQ PE 8710 with a 7 segment color wheel as opposed to 6 segment for the BenQ. Runco purportedly redesigns the scaler as well so there is some value add.
post #393 of 8430
Heres a small input lag test from my w1070.

The top number is the benq connected trough a hdmi port, the bottem number a lcd monitor (Samsung p2450) connected trough a dvi port. The monitor should have about 16ms lag.







If I add all the numbers it seems the 1070 has an average lag of 50ms with extremes ranging from 20ms to 80ms.

Looking forward too see more test results, since it's the first time I ever tested input lag there's always the chance I did something wrong..
post #394 of 8430
Same numbers as BQ W7000.
was this Game mode? Did you turn off all processing features?
post #395 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mart242 View Post

Crap. Just what I needed. I guess that I'll order a pair of BenQ's just in case. frown.gif
What waste of money that was (ZD201 + 2 other paids that are 120Hz on Ebay). I'll have to put them for sale.

I just read that someone in Germany could run his ZD201. So it is controversial.
post #396 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishari84 View Post

I just read that someone in Germany could run his ZD201. So it is controversial.

He used them at 1080p50Hz (or 60Hz?) half resolution side by side. 144Hz is required for 1080p 24Hz full resolution.

edit: since I'll use a HTPC for video playback and a computer / ps3 / xbox for video games, I may be fine with the ZD201 after all. I'm curious to see how they compare
Edited by mart242 - 12/4/12 at 5:39am
post #397 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishari84 View Post

Same numbers as BQ W7000.
was this Game mode? Did you turn off all processing features?

As far as I can tell it doesnt have a game mode or any sort of processing that would affect lag.
post #398 of 8430
Just received it this morning at my work place but I have to wait all day long before testing it!!! rolleyes.gif
post #399 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdorion View Post

Just received it this morning at my work place but I have to wait all day long before testing it!!! rolleyes.gif

Your cough is annoying.. you feel fever coming in. you should go home to get some rest.
Edited by mart242 - 12/4/12 at 10:02am
post #400 of 8430
After calibration and a bit more time with the projector, I'd actually say contrast and overall image quality is quite a bit better than my Acer. I tried the "Kraine" calibration posted above, and it looks really good to my eyes. I think the "Gain" values are different in my firmware. I had to doubled the RGB gain values or else the picture was very muted. Bakara looks AMAZING and much richer than I remember on the Acer. Perhaps that's mostly in the resolution difference, there's so much detail on that Bluray.

I tried 3D last night with mixed results. The image in 3D looks pretty good. Colours seem a little more washed out, but still a very good picture. The 3D effect and "pop-out" / depth is great.I don't see why pop-out or depth would be effected by a projector though. I'd read notes from someone else that 3D popout/depth was improved on a higher end projector but that doesn't make sense to me. The source images for your right eye and left eye control pop-out and depth, and those would be the same. Regardless, both looked good on the W1070.

3D at 720p/60hz is flawless. Games look and work great and I'm actually surprised how much better things look at 720p over my last projector. I wonder if the upscaling to 1080p is providing some smoothing that is pleasing to the eye. With 3D movies at 1080p/24hz However, there was a very noticeable "wobble" with moving objects, like the left eye and right eye images are a frame out of sync or something. I've seen this same effect at theaters and it's one reason why I dislike many 3D movies. My main interest in 3D is gaming. I'm not sure if it's inherent in the movie or if it's a synchronization or playback issue.

I had a lot of trouble getting 3D blurays to play on my HTPC. Totalmedia Theatre 3 would not output 3D at all. Totalmedia Theatre 5 attempted to run 3D at 1440x1080x60hz which is not a valid 3D mode. Powerdvd 11 set the 3D mode correctly, but had playback issues where the video would play too fast. Windvd works flawlessly, although it changes the output to 720p in menus for some reason.

The BenQ glasses are very comfortable and flicker free. They don't darken the image as much as my Nvidia "3D Vision" glasses did, and those had a more noticeable flickering.
Edited by Nayr2 - 12/4/12 at 11:17am
post #401 of 8430
Need to test the depth of 3D. Comparisons 3d 7000 and 1070! Optoma HD33.
post #402 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr2 View Post

With 3D movies at 1080p/24hz However, there was a very noticeable "wobble" with moving objects, like the left eye and right eye images are a frame out of sync or something. I've seen this same effect at theaters and it's one reason why I dislike many 3D movies. My main interest in 3D is gaming. I'm not sure if it's inherent in the movie or if it's a synchronization or playback issue.
.

Hi,
The reason 3d 720p/60hz looks so smooth ect is because it's filled with true 60fps.
When watching a 24p/24hz film it has todo a pulldown, in 3d this is even more noticable and creates eveen more of a juddering effect.
You need a pj with Frame interpolation just like most 3dtv's do or you need " Smooth video project " to create your own realtime FI from a medium to high spec pc.

I just got a plasma, i here they was smooth, thats not true, there is still ghosting images on 24p films, using Svp though cleans up the image and produces a smooth video which is PERFECT for 3d films.

Does'nt work with 3d blurays, only video files like mkv sbs ect.
post #403 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butmuncher View Post

Hi,
The reason 3d 720p/60hz looks so smooth ect is because it's filled with true 60fps.
When watching a 24p/24hz film it has todo a pulldown or it displays 24fps which in itself has judder, in 3d this is even more noticable and creates eveen more of a juddering effect.
You need a pj with Frame interpolation just like most 3dtv's do or you need " Smooth video project " to create your own realtime FI from a medium to high spec pc.
I just got a plasma, i here they was smooth, thats not true, there is still ghosting images on 24p films, using Svp though cleans up the image and produces a smooth video which is PERFECT for 3d films.
Does'nt work with 3d blurays, only video files like mkv sbs ect.
post #404 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butmuncher View Post

Hi,
The reason 3d 720p/60hz looks so smooth ect is because it's filled with true 60fps.
When watching a 24p/24hz film it has todo a pulldown, in 3d this is even more noticable and creates eveen more of a juddering effect.
You need a pj with Frame interpolation just like most 3dtv's do or you need " Smooth video project " to create your own realtime FI from a medium to high spec pc.
I just got a plasma, i here they was smooth, thats not true, there is still ghosting images on 24p films, using Svp though cleans up the image and produces a smooth video which is PERFECT for 3d films.
Does'nt work with 3d blurays, only video files like mkv sbs ect.

No, I am not talking about the smoothness of 24fps content, I know what that looks like. I am talking about imperfect synchronization between the the left and right eyes. It could be related to some sort of pulldown happening if the projector is not running at 48hz native for 24hz 3D content, it could be running at 60hz native for 3D content.
post #405 of 8430
I was hoping this could playback 23.976hz 2d bluray with no problems. That is sort of a deal breaker I think.
post #406 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild22 View Post

I was hoping this could playback 23.976hz 2d bluray with no problems. That is sort of a deal breaker I think.

Wait for someone with a standalone Bluray player to comment. My using a HTPC might be complicating things.
post #407 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr2 View Post

No, I am not talking about the smoothness of 24fps content, I know what that looks like. I am talking about imperfect synchronization between the the left and right eyes. It could be related to some sort of pulldown happening if the projector is not running at 48hz native for 24hz 3D content, it could be running at 60hz native for 3D content.
Have you tried smooth video project and then commented?
If not i'd suggest you do, if not only for the sake of knowing that there could be a fix for your issue wink.gif or there could not, but either way it is only a stone trhough away to try smile.gif
Sorry but your issue in 3d still resembles needing the fix i commented about hence the reason i'm still pushing to help you the bets i can smile.gif
post #408 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr2 View Post

No, I am not talking about the smoothness of 24fps content, I know what that looks like. I am talking about imperfect synchronization between the the left and right eyes. It could be related to some sort of pulldown happening if the projector is not running at 48hz native for 24hz 3D content, it could be running at 60hz native for 3D content.

Hi, did you try 3D bluray with some HW player? I have had a lot of troubles with SW players and 3D and one is that out of sync issue. That is also common in many 3D files found all over the internet.
I have also ordered w1070 for my first 1080p projector to replace H5360 and have been following many discussions all over the net. There is a lot of speculating if W1070 is actually using 144hz tripleflash when playing 1080p 24fps 3D. I have ordered pair of ZD201 and now it seems that they will not work with 1080p 24fps 3D mode with W1070. 144hz Sounds too good to be true but one german owner said 3D 24fps is perfectly smooth and with BenQ classes and kraine was also pleased with 24fps 3D so maybe? we all know that 24fps 3D at 120hz is far from smooth so there must be something going on here. Maybe it looks smooth because it is out of sync or something...Well going to order pair of those sainsonic 144hz anyway smile.gif.
post #409 of 8430
I've used SVP before and it's a trade-off of smoother motion vs interpolation artifacts. The artifacts are usually not worth it to me. It also doesn't solve the issue of 3D at 1080p.
post #410 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr2 View Post

I've used SVP before and it's a trade-off of smoother motion vs interpolation artifacts. The artifacts are usually not worth it to me. It also doesn't solve the issue of 3D at 1080p.
Cool, but does it fix the ripple you talk of?
As you say used before does that mean you have'nt tested it yet on the w1070?
I'd be very greatfull if you could as i'm looking at getting this pj in the next week and its good info.
post #411 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdorion View Post

Just received it this morning at my work place but I have to wait all day long before testing it!!! rolleyes.gif

I believe that the day is over... tongue.gif
post #412 of 8430
Wow,

i've just tried it tonight and i'm really impressed by the picture quality, smoothness, fluidity and sharpness and i'm only projecting it on a beige wall because i have not received my screen.

I've tried my xbox 360 with Forza 4, Call Of Duty 3 and Assasins creed and some 1080p mkv movies.

It's my first projector and I don't regret it!!


The noise is really not an issue. The eco mode is well enough bright for my need(dark room). I don't have 3D glasses for now so i can't comment on this.
post #413 of 8430
Question for 3d

I,ve gone to the 3D menu and the only option available are Frame Packing and Top-Bottom...the other two are disabled(Side-By-Side and Frame Sequential).

Anyone have been able to select Side By Side ?
post #414 of 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdorion View Post

Question for 3d
I,ve gone to the 3D menu and the only option available are Frame Packing and Top-Bottom...the other two are disabled(Side-By-Side and Frame Sequential).
Anyone have been able to select Side By Side ?

I just answered myself with the manual, it's dependant of the refresh rate and the resolution....Side BY Side in HDMI is only available in 1080/50i and 1080/60i
post #415 of 8430
As I cannot get this here in the US yet, is there any near models of projector to this one??

Rich
post #416 of 8430
As some one from the U.S. who has been following the sub $3000 thread closely for some time now, I would say that if you like everything you are seeing regarding the w1070, it may be worth the very short wait for it to be available in the U.S. Otherwise you could do what I did, and many others, and order from Canada.
post #417 of 8430
Hi Everyone,

I am quite a newbie, but I like this projector a lot (especially performance/price ratio is great).
My living room has 2.7m ceiling, projection area is 5.2m far away from mounting point (ceiling mounting point with cables already prepared).
I am able to pull down external el. window blinds (there will not be complete dark though).
As this is quite a shortish projector (as mentioned before), I would like to ask if anyone would recommend this one for the conditions/environment.
I have checked Benq projector calculator, calculator pro also and projection screen calculator as well.
I've found it will be at the edge (especially projector distance from projection screen) and screen size will be approx. 150inches diagonal (with min zoom).
My seating position could be 4-5m far from the screen, or would anyone recommend anything else for 150'' screen? There is a lot of room anyway.

Could anybody write down the environment he is using the projector in (I mean distance from the screen, screen diagonal size, ceiling mount length etc.)?
Thank you for any info regarding this.

BR.

Marek.


P.S.: Sorry for my bad English.
P.S.2: This will be my first projector.
Edited by celkom - 12/5/12 at 5:56am
post #418 of 8430
I called BenQ US today and they told me, for what it's worth, the US release should be at the end of this month!

Sure hope it is, as am looking forward to some more reviews from current users but it sure looks very promising.

Rew
post #419 of 8430
Per BenQ, when speaking with them prior to CEDIA - not this year. However, BenQ, like Optoma, often introduces a projector or two late spring or summer. That likely would be the soonest. And if they will have something then, I expect they will tell us at CES in a month. Still don't hold your breath. Most home theater projectors these days get two year life cycles, or like Epson and Panasonic, they often get "refreshed - same basic projector, but with some additional improvements and refinements. -art
post #420 of 8430
I can't speak on when the BenQ W1070 will hit the US shelves, but I can tell you that last Thursday I received a W1070 for review.

I'm looking forward to reviewing it. Shows promise.
So, you ask: Timeline?

Right now I'm finishing up my review of the Optoma HD23 - a direct competitor. I also have a JVC DLA-35 here which is next. As a result, I had Mike measure and calibrate the W1070, and I shipped it to Pete (who as some of you know, is one of our gaming / projector bloggers on our site. He'll be starting on it over the weekend. I'll have it back in less than 2 weeks and review immediately.

I know everyone hates a delay, so I'll be doing one of my "first look" blogs on the BenQ W1070, including sharing the brightness measurements, and how well it calibrates, sometime in the next week. Stay tuned.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$