Originally Posted by andriii
Hi guys I need some help from you
I'm just about to buy this projector, mainly for watching TV and content of my HTPC.
I have never had a projector so I have some very basic questions:
1. How will this work in ambient light, I'm going to use it in my living room and I have windows that some sun will pass through. Will it be completely unwatchable during day time ?
2. I’m not looking for the biggest picture frame so anywhere from 60” to 100” should be fine for me. My living room is around 3.5m (11ft) from wall to wall is this distance ok for this projector ?
3. How loud is the fan/operational noise, is it always noticeable during operation ?
4. Rainbow effect. Am I going to notice this ?
1. Pretty much, I don't think you will enjoy a projector during the daytime, with the windows bleeding light in, duh. I had the same issue, but I didn't expect any different. If you buy this, get yourself some $10 blinds and/or a grey screen.
2. If you're looking at that range I'd buy a plasma TV, honestly. You will get a better picture. If you get 100", trust me you will think flat panels are too small for the price you pay (even despite the difference in contrast). If you ran the projector at 60", it will be incredibly bright. Don't do it! Or get a filter, like others have here. Just buy a 100" inch screen that's electric with a black backing and drops down in front of the windows, problem solved. You can even hook it up so that it will go up and down when you turn on/off the projector. That's what I'm doing.
3. Noise is pretty low, unless you have a defective unit.
4. How should we know? You probably won't, based on the proportion of responses here (not an official poll), but there are ways to diminish it if you do. The benefits of this PJ over similar cheap LCD models are well known. I.e. even if you do see some rainbows once in a while, they aren't a big issue. No technology is perfect, and this one is pretty darn good for the price, and even not for the price. I've seen great looking plasmas at the store and still prefer what I have now, at home, for a fraction of the cost and 4x the size.