Originally Posted by BradP
Ok I'm at the end of my rope with this firmware flash...And I'm a PC tech. So this is nuts.
I am on Windows 8.
USB cable is fine. Tried 2 different ports. I hear windows play the chime when I turn the projector on and off so it knows the connection is there.
I've installed the drivers using compatibility mode, and looks like they installed fine, but I don't see the device there anywhere in device manager when on or off. I never saw Win8 actually detect the projector.
This is a new, unused projector, mind you, haven't fired it up or connected it once yet. Only other cable connected is the power cable and the projector is off.
I installed the flash software and copied the proper TXT file over to it's C drive folder.
Yet,, the projector is not recognized when it's plugged in, and the software doesn't see it. The drivers all seemed to install fine. I rebooted. Tried running in compatibility modes of all sorts. Plugging and unplugging the cable . Even tried to see if the flash software would detect if the projector was on. Still nothing.
What am I missing here? An obvious step? Or is it possible that the flash software just isn't as Win8 friendly for some as for others?
You followed these instructions exactly? I added a bit of clarification into a couple points myself, in bold.0.5 - The projector needs to be turned ON before you start.
1. Write down all your settings before starting an update. (If you do not you will loose all your settings)
2. I suggest that you create a new folder on your desktop called 1070 firmware in the new folder.
3. Download the download tool and unzip it to the new folder.
4. Download the new separate 106 img file to the same folder from the link above.
5. .Install the download tool. It is called DLP composer. Also download the Flash Device Parameters file (It was included in the download already
5A Copy the Flash Device Parameters.txt file to the DLP composer program file (It is under programs x86 DLP Composer on your C drive.) Use Copy and paste. The folder you want to paste this file to will be on the c drive after you install DLP composer.
6. Open the DLP Composer tool and go to edit-->preferences.
7. When the window opens go to communication and set it to USB
8. Close this window and click on flash loader on the opening screen. A window will open.8. Put a check beside "Complete Image Download" Also check "Skip Boot loader" Change from default 16kb to 32Kb
9. On the top of the flash loader hit the browse button and go to your folder 106 img file (the actual firmware file in your desktop folder
10. Insert the USB cable in the min plug on the projector and into your computer. (Wait for the drivers to load. This should take a minute with windows 7 or 811. Unplug the projector. Now, push the "power" and "auto" buttons at the same time. Plug in the projector while holding the buttons. The LED on the projector will turn red if you are in download mode (It must turn red to install the firmware. If it turns orange do this again until you only get the red led) This is very important.
12 Click the Reset Bus and Start Download in the DLP Composer program
. The upgrade process should take a few minutes
. A timer will start telling you how long it will take.
13. Do not unplug anything during the process. When everything completes the LED on the projector will turn to standby orange.
14. Unplug the USB cable and turn the projector on
15 You will have to put all your settings back in and turn source select to auto
16. Instructions are also available in the service manual PDF you downloaded to your folder.
17. Only do this upgrade at your own risk and if you are familiar with doing firmware updates..
18. You do not need the service tool to do the firmware update the firmware and write down your settings.