Well recieved my w1070, here in the US, maybe the first one into the states? Anyway I did a quick check to make sure it worked in a conference room at work and it seemed fine. Will play with settings hopefully tonight on a 100" screen I borrowed from work. I will be driving it with my PS3, and have the saisonic 144hz glasses to test with, but no sense trying to calibrate with a temporary pulldown screen and short HDMI until I figure out the room configuration and order permanent mounts etc.
Only initial impressions, and I dont have anything except presentation projectors to compare to. This test was on a dlite pull down presentation screen, maybe 72" width.
- didnt seem overly bright with out of box settings, I certainly wont need sunglasses. at one point it did seem to check down into eco mode or something because it changed on its own after a minute or two, a little concerning, but will read more about it later. checked it with lights off, but did have one window in the room with hall light coming in.
- the fan noise while on a table top wasnt distracting or excessive, I could hear the laptop speak fine...
- I set my laptop svga to output 1920x1080 and the image was crisp and vivid, pictures looked a little more natural in cinema mode, but it was slightly dimmer.
- projector is small for a HT projector. I had seen the Sony hw30es at best buy and it dwarfs this one.
- it comes with a small manual lens cover that hangs from an integrated cord.
I guess thats it, hopefully I dont have a terrible todo list from SWMBO at home tonight, and can get it setup to play some more.
let me know if you have any specific questions, but please remeber I am an extreme noob to "beamers"...