or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › I've started getting UNWANTED "subscribed thread" emails
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I've started getting UNWANTED "subscribed thread" emails - Page 2

post #31 of 37
What's happening to me is that the "Get notified when others reply?" setting at the bottom of the "quick reply" section is always "Immediately" by default (except on this topic, where the default was set to "Don't Subscribe"). If I use the "Post a Reply" button, the default notification value is the last one I used. So, if I use the "quick reply" field and don't change it from the default, it changes the notification mode for the thread.

This has got to have been something that changed recently; otherwise I'd have expected to have seen the problem before now.

EDIT: It just switched it to "Immediately" after I made a minor edit.
EDIT EDIT: It switched it to "Immediately" after the prior edit, even though the value at the bottom on the editor dialog was "Site Only" by default. Pretty hinky.
post #32 of 37
"Immediately" is no longer the default notification value for the "quick reply" field, but editing a response will switch the thread's notification mode to immediately, though the value shown in the field at the bottom of the editor is "Site Only". (Just tried it on this post to confirm).
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

What's happening to me is that the "Get notified when others reply?" setting at the bottom of the "quick reply" section is always "Immediately" by default (except on this topic, where the default was set to "Don't Subscribe"). If I use the "Post a Reply" button, the default notification value is the last one I used. So, if I use the "quick reply" field and don't change it from the default, it changes the notification mode for the thread.

This has got to have been something that changed recently; otherwise I'd have expected to have seen the problem before now.

EDIT: It just switched it to "Immediately" after I made a minor edit.
EDIT EDIT: It switched it to "Immediately" after the prior edit, even though the value at the bottom on the editor dialog was "Site Only" by default. Pretty hinky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

"Immediately" is no longer the default notification value for the "quick reply" field, but editing a response will switch the thread's notification mode to immediately, though the value shown in the field at the bottom of the editor is "Site Only". (Just tried it on this post to confirm).

Bingo!
That's what I've observed but did not report it in this thread, thx for doing so.
post #34 of 37
Good news guys....

We're told this has been fixed, so let us know if your subscriptions start behaving again.

Happy Thanksgiving! biggrin.gif
post #35 of 37
Okay--this is a test, entered in the quick-reply field; the default notification value below it is "Site Only".
EDIT: Submitting this didn't change the notification mode; the default notification value shown below the editor is "Site Only".
EDIT EDIT: The first edit didn't change the notification mode, so it would seem to be fixed cool.gif. Thank you very much smile.gif!
post #36 of 37
I don't know exactly when it was fixed, but I have not experienced the problem for at least a week. Thanks for sticking with this.
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

I don't know exactly when it was fixed, but I have not experienced the problem for at least a week. Thanks for sticking with this.

Yesterday. smile.gif But glad you were not affected as bad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Forum Operations Center
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › I've started getting UNWANTED "subscribed thread" emails