or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Post your computer sound system setup!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post your computer sound system setup!

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 
Hey guys!

I haven't seen any threads showing off each others sweet computer rigs regarding the audio setup. Unfortunately I have nothing to share - yet! But I thought it would be cool to start it off!

POST EM !! biggrin.gif
post #2 of 37
Well, there is a JBL creature on the desktop, but not used much.

SPDIF to a Harmon Kardon HC990 as a DAC feeding a Rotel RX1050 feeting a pair of KEF Q65s.
post #3 of 37

Simple 2 channel setup, nothing too fancy. It sounds absolutely fantastic and is a much needed (massive) upgrade from the god awful Logitech 5.1 system that came with my computer.
Edited by RTSW - 10/30/12 at 1:40am
post #4 of 37
Running a pair of Energy RC-10s and an Epik Legend

Asus Xonar STX -> Denon 1911
post #5 of 37
Got a crappy old Receiver (Pyle, but it was free) and two Def Tech SM450s, with computer attached to a 37 inch Samsung....
post #6 of 37
Nothing too insane - headphone and bookshelf systems are both shown. Best upgrade overall lately has been the IsoAcoustics stands that my bookshelves are on - massive improvement!

post #7 of 37
Excuse the not so great picture, but hopefully you get the idea of my setup...

measurement taken at listening position...
post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post

Excuse the not so great picture, but hopefully you get the idea of my setup...

Most people go for dual monitors in their computer setup, not dual subs biggrin.gif
post #9 of 37
Klipsch RB-61 II Bookshelves powered from a Sony STR-DH100 Receiver I picked up for cheap.



post #10 of 37
2 RF 62 in a basement office...had them for month now and debating if I should just get bookshelves and stands. They have to be so far away from the desk and kind of in the way of traffic...


post #11 of 37
PC is wired via HDMI to a Marantz sr7007 which is pushing B&W CM9s...
DSC_6166.jpg
photo-7.jpg
post #12 of 37
I've been building mine for the last few months. Just looking to add the Audiolab M-Dac and I think I'm done.

Dell XPS > Asus Essence STX > Velodyne SPL1200 > Parasound A23 > Paradigm S1s




Edited by drewTT - 10/30/12 at 4:52pm
post #13 of 37



Asus Xonar D1>Denon AVR 2310>Paradigm Monitor 7 v6's + Velodyne DEQ8
post #14 of 37


PC > Lexicon Alpha > Mackie MR5 Mk. II w/ Auralex Monitor Isolation Pads

Sorry for the lousy cell phone quality.
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2nv View Post

PC is wired via HDMI to a Marantz sr7007 which is pushing B&W CM9s...
DSC_6166.jpg
photo-7.jpg

Doesn't count... that's a home theater PC smile.gif I think everyone runs one of those. Unless that is your only PC.

I'm rolling with a Logitech z2300 setup on mine, nothing impressive but sounds OK.
I guess if I really wanted to I could setup my old Pioneer VSX-454 and either my CV VE-5M's or my Martin Logan Motion 4's... but I have no reason to.
post #16 of 37
Z5500 by logitech, probably the best computer speakers out there, if you can find them.
post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by wichitadisciple View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2nv View Post

PC is wired via HDMI to a Marantz sr7007 which is pushing B&W CM9s...
DSC_6166.jpg
photo-7.jpg

Doesn't count... that's a home theater PC smile.gif I think everyone runs one of those. Unless that is your only PC.

I'm rolling with a Logitech z2300 setup on mine, nothing impressive but sounds OK.
I guess if I really wanted to I could setup my old Pioneer VSX-454 and either my CV VE-5M's or my Martin Logan Motion 4's... but I have no reason to.

I disagree. I don't consider it an HTPC because I don't watch movies through it. (Although, now that you mention it, I guess I could.) It is mainly for surfing the web and listening to 2 channel music and it is the only PC that I use. My wife has a PC in her office, but that isn't mine. Hers runs a Klipsch 2.1 setup though.
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2nv View Post

I disagree. I don't consider it an HTPC because I don't watch movies through it. (Although, now that you mention it, I guess I could.) It is mainly for surfing the web and listening to 2 channel music and it is the only PC that I use. My wife has a PC in her office, but that isn't mine. Hers runs a Klipsch 2.1 setup though.

Since it's the only PC you use, I guess I'll let it pass ... LOL
post #19 of 37
Mine setup is pretty outdated with Logitech THX speakers. I need to upgrade!





post #20 of 37
My only speakers are the ones integrated into my monitor (ASUS VH236H), which are godawful. Essentially, I never use them, except while company is over, in which case I'm not listening to music or playing games seriously. When I'm by myself, I use a pair of Creative Aurvana Live!s. I would recommend those headphones for anyone looking for a general-purpose ~$100 pair of headphones.
post #21 of 37
First post.....this is my home studio that I use for musical composition and critical listening. Just a picture of the set up and a few of my vinyl.





Set up includes:

Imac Computer (2009)

Logic Studio 9 (DAW digital audio workstation)

Yamaha MSP7 Studio Monitors (luuuvv these monitors)

Stanton T80 Turntable (discontinued)

Akai MPC 1000 (studio must have)

Novation Impulse 61 (midi keyboard controller)

T.C. Electronic Konnekt 8 interface (discontinued but has some milky sounding DAC's)
post #22 of 37
I know it's a sin to not have pics but I thought I'd post my pc setup/s. I generally filter my speakers down to other setups as I upgrade/replace my main setup. Right now my pc setup is an older yamaha receiver with a pair of definitive BP7006's set to large.
post #23 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTMUZIK View Post

First post.....this is my home studio that I use for musical composition and critical listening. Just a picture of the set up and a few of my vinyl.


Set up includes:
Imac Computer (2009)
Logic Studio 9 (DAW digital audio workstation)
Yamaha MSP7 Studio Monitors (luuuvv these monitors)
Stanton T80 Turntable (discontinued)
Akai MPC 1000 (studio must have)
Novation Impulse 61 (midi keyboard controller)
T.C. Electronic Konnekt 8 interface (discontinued but has some milky sounding DAC's)
Nice. I just bought the impulse 61 a few months ago. love it.
post #24 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTSW View Post


Simple 2 channel setup, nothing too fancy. It sounds absolutely fantastic and is a much needed (massive) upgrade from the god awful Logitech 5.1 system that came with my computer.

May I know what speakers are those?

thank you!
post #25 of 37
tn4d55u5.jpg

B&W 804S/HTM3S/685
Sunfire Signature EQ TrueSub
Denon 3311ci
Emotiva XPA-5

My computer is the heart and source of my entertainment system. Without my PC, none of it runs. (I don't even have the Xbox360 anymore) My PC is off to one side of the room...

20120310_093219.jpg

I just use an old set of Sony headphones when I'm sitting at the desk...
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2nv View Post

I disagree. I don't consider it an HTPC because I don't watch movies through it. (Although, now that you mention it, I guess I could.) It is mainly for surfing the web and listening to 2 channel music and it is the only PC that I use. My wife has a PC in her office, but that isn't mine. Hers runs a Klipsch 2.1 setup though.

I love your "computer monitor" wink.gif
post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesando View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2nv View Post

I disagree. I don't consider it an HTPC because I don't watch movies through it. (Although, now that you mention it, I guess I could.) It is mainly for surfing the web and listening to 2 channel music and it is the only PC that I use. My wife has a PC in her office, but that isn't mine. Hers runs a Klipsch 2.1 setup though.

I love your "computer monitor" wink.gif

Heh, thanks. smile.gif
post #28 of 37
Laptop ->ViDock (GTX 670) HDMI out -> Onkyo HT-RC370 -> Polk TL2 fronts, Polk RM8 Center, RM8 surrounds, BIC America F12
Stopped playing with soundcards for 3 years...
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna View Post

Running a pair of Energy RC-10s and an Epik Legend
Asus Xonar STX -> Denon 1911

picture for that
DSC_2885.JPG
post #30 of 37
Boston Acoustics A100 series I
crappy Aiwa deck to power them

o37dj.jpg

Still looking for a better amp option on craigslist and will switch to speaker stands later.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Post your computer sound system setup!