cue the pictures
Worms eye view of stage and riser lip design, my forehead on the top.
Lip on soffits resisted but eventually surrenederd to our struggle. We broke a numger of boards. Some places it is a single 1/4 inch board, other places we went with two layers of 1/8.
Add Putty, caulk and primer.
Then we painted the ceiling black (two coats). At this point we ran into a brick wall when our first pick of a soffit color (red velvet) didn't impress. 7 samples later we had a winner. Gray
added the rope lights to the soffits and riser. We also turned the whole family loose with some paint, brushes and rollers and the result was interesting.
There is a strip above the rope lights that aren't painted yet so the rope light reflecting off the white primer is misleading in these pics.
The front wall was prepped for Linacoustic and a message for a future owner who might want to dismantle the theater.
The red that didn't make the cut is on the side wall in the last pic.Edited by BIGmouthinDC - 12/1/12 at 6:20pm