or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › Fall Frenzy, Curve Frenzy, Man of Steel theater (You pick) - BIGmouthinDC hits the road again - destination Columbus, Indiana
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fall Frenzy, Curve Frenzy, Man of Steel theater (You pick) - BIGmouthinDC hits the road again -... - Page 13

post #361 of 983
Big - just FYI - I sent you a PM.

Jim
post #362 of 983
Wow, that was worth waiting for. I love the way the lighting turned out near the screen wall. Very unique and slick. Well done. Looks like the columns turned out really nicely as well. Coming together for sure.

Regards,

RTROSE
post #363 of 983
Thread Starter 
OK I've got some shots too.

First a little under the hood action of the columns. Vik decided on a removable front design in anticipation of something that he is working on. So basically once again the design took three times longer than a basic box column. Each column had the sides wrapped in matching black Anchorage GOM the fronts are FR701 medium gray. That was three cuts of fabric and three stapling sessions times six columns. Four strips of Velcro hold the fronts, very well.just ask Vik.

Tucked in each of the six columns were Procella speakers.













With covers on





Now we need to talk about a way too many hour adventure.

The plan called for visually balancing columns along the side walls near the stage, Vik said he wanted to do something different so we created the

Quad Synchronized Variable Aesthetic Amplifier and Concavity Balancing Angled Bow plane LED Light Arrays fully electronically calibrated, THX certified. and flat to 5hz. Otherwise known as a couple of vertical light thingies on each side that you can only turn on when the theater is not in use.









And the lonely sub, but not for long


Edited by BIGmouthinDC - 12/12/12 at 7:01pm
post #364 of 983
Awesome!
post #365 of 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Quad Synchronized Variable Aethetic Amplifier and Concavity Balancing Angled Bow plane LED Light Arrays

Sounds like a patent pending registered trademark sort of "thingy" to me. I would get it registered as fast as you can so anytime someone says "Quad Synchronized Variable Aethetic Amplifier and Concavity Balancing Angled Bow plane LED Light Arrays" a quarter comes your way! Just sayin'. tongue.gif

Looks great guys. Fantastic work.

Regards,

RTROSE
post #366 of 983
Will you please take a picture of the carpet installers face when he sees the room for the first time?! I'm guessing its going to be combination of, OMG the room is amazing and WTF look at that riser/stage....SERIOUSLY!?!?!

Probably something like this....


Edited by premiertrussman - 12/12/12 at 6:59pm
post #367 of 983
Thanks Nick , Jon_B and RT..Its all Big's Magic!! smile.gif
post #368 of 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by premiertrussman View Post

Will you please take a picture of the carpet installers face when he sees the room for the first time?! I'm guessing its going to be combination of, OMG the room is amazing and WTF look at that riser/stage....SERIOUSLY!?!?!
Probably something like this....

LMAO!biggrin.gif
post #369 of 983
Thread Starter 
I need to spell better it was aesthetic not aethetic
post #370 of 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikgrao View Post

LMAO!biggrin.gif

Seriously amazing theater. I cannot wait to see it finished.
post #371 of 983
Look at the design ideas for molding in these frames




I'm seeing ticket window idea's. wink.gif

What a build.
Whens the home theater meet..? biggrin.gif
post #372 of 983
Looking good Vik..... I need to stop back by before you guys get everything done.
post #373 of 983
So..... When are you guys planning to do a sub crawl?
post #374 of 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewH View Post

Looking good Vik..... I need to stop back by before you guys get everything done.

Thanks Matt. Sure come by whenever you are free. Cant wait to see your theater once i free up from my build! smile.gif
post #375 of 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post

So..... When are you guys planning to do a sub crawl?

I am sure Big and RT will agree its not needed smile.gif unless we are planning on sitting in my neighbor's home and listening biggrin.gif
post #376 of 983
What a build.
Whens the home theater meet..? biggrin.gif[/quote]

Suffolk, I want the rest of the basement finished before i think of any GTG, but you can come over for a demo anytime once the theater is fully completed smile.gif
post #377 of 983
Awesome progress guys WOW!! The lighting looks just incredible as well as the six columns and six Procella surrounds! BIG is a magic man for sure.
post #378 of 983
Vik, Big,

wow, what a wonderful project you got there man! You guys are awesome and considering the best part is yet to come, just keep pictures coming in, for our delight cool.gif

BTW, regarding to Big's comments about... Quad Synchronized Variable Aesthetic Amplifier and Concavity Balancing Angled Bow plane LED Light Arrays fully electronically calibrated, THX certified. and flat to 5hz..., isn't that kinda snake oil "thingy" by the way?? wink.gifrolleyes.gifsmile.gif
post #379 of 983
Nope, I have seen it. No snakeoil here! Just pure theater bliss!

Regards,

RTROSE
post #380 of 983
Ah, got it!

So, the only way to get this "non-snake-oil-thingy" is thru Big, right? wink.giftongue.gif Gotta agree with you though, as it's a pure theater bliss indeed!smile.gif
post #381 of 983
Vik

What made you go with the orbital shifter over a pair of submersives?
post #382 of 983
HMMMMM....I've got plans to visit an old college friend of mine in a few months. I helped him get started on his theater and he's got it pretty much buttoned up now. Also he and his wife are due for a baby late this month, so the visit in a sure thing. And I've got to drive right by Columbus to get to him....I may have to make an HT Trek!

Come see RT, come see Vik....then on down to Louisville to see my buddy! So there you have it Vik, your deadline is set...you need to be done before come down. rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

RT don't worry about finishing...I know how you are... tongue.gif
post #383 of 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

I need to spell better it was aesthetic not aethetic

I just figured you might have developed a lisp in your old age.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
post #384 of 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

The plan called for visually balancing columns along the side walls near the stage, Vik said he wanted to do something different so we created the
Quad Synchronized Variable Aesthetic Amplifier and Concavity Balancing Angled Bow plane LED Light Arrays fully electronically calibrated, THX certified. and flat to 5hz. Otherwise known as a couple of vertical light thingies on each side that you can only turn on when the theater is not in use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Sounds like a patent pending registered trademark sort of "thingy" to me. I would get it registered as fast as you can so anytime someone says "Quad Synchronized Variable Aethetic Amplifier and Concavity Balancing Angled Bow plane LED Light Arrays" a quarter comes your way! Just sayin'. tongue.gif
Looks great guys. Fantastic work.
Regards,
RTROSE

Nope, he would be infringing on my patent filed months ago....biggrin.gif Of course I didn't do my own patent search for white space before filing for my design patent....rolleyes.gif Looks like BIG and Vik might have a lawsuit on their hands. I'll gladly settle for the Sony 4K projector as liquidated damages!!



EDIT: Do you plan to cover the exposed flat surfaces of that sub with the same material on your baffle wall? I've seen that recommended by this Forum's Illuminati before.
Edited by TMcG - 12/13/12 at 7:54am
post #385 of 983
^^^^Doh! I see a lengthy trade mark/patent court case brewing.

Regards,

RTROSE
post #386 of 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

^^^^Doh! I see a lengthy trade mark/patent court case brewing.
Regards,
RTROSE

LOL I love this thread!
post #387 of 983
Thanks AV liner and Reddig. and RT.
post #388 of 983
Have to ask - what did you guys work on today?

I feel like I am waiting for the daily soap opera update.
post #389 of 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkit View Post

Vik
What made you go with the orbital shifter over a pair of submersives?

Both are great Sub-woofers. As far as output is concerned it would take at least a couple or more submersives to keep up with the Orbitshifter IMHO. Other characteristics in making the decision was a matter of personal preference at that time. You can find detailed comparsion by googling "orbitshifter vs submersive avsforum" .
post #390 of 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by premiertrussman View Post

HMMMMM....I've got plans to visit an old college friend of mine in a few months. I helped him get started on his theater and he's got it pretty much buttoned up now. Also he and his wife are due for a baby late this month, so the visit in a sure thing. And I've got to drive right by Columbus to get to him....I may have to make an HT Trek!
Come see RT, come see Vik....then on down to Louisville to see my buddy! So there you have it Vik, your deadline is set...you need to be done before come down. rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif
RT don't worry about finishing...I know how you are... tongue.gif

Hopefully i can get it done. I am yet to decide on the projector and pre pro etc. I will be temporarily using my old eqpt. So if you are coming right away in a couple of weeks i will at least have the audio part of the demo for you smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › Fall Frenzy, Curve Frenzy, Man of Steel theater (You pick) - BIGmouthinDC hits the road again - destination Columbus, Indiana