Well, I made it back to Vik's today and in the meantime he had reached out to Panamorph to describe to them the issues we were having. Come to find out we had a kit with the newer current hardware but old directions. Hmmmm......no wonder Vik and I were confused Sunday trying to assemble the mount. Go figure we had what we needed all along but I just did not know it.
Tonight we just finished up mounting the lens plate to the PJ locating the Chief mount on the mounting board and getting that mounted and then the mounting board onto the bolts that were previously located during the build. Did not think about pictures though sorry, but I assure you that they would not have been all that exciting.
A quick trip to Menards for the mounting hardware and back to Vik's house and we were pretty much in business. I did drill four of the ugliest holes I have ever drilled in drywall to provide clearance for the Chief mounting bolts. Lucky for Vik (and me) they will be covered by the mounting board. Then I got a call that one of my kids was sick so we had to end the night by doing a really quick test fit of the mounting board, but did not get a chance to actually hang the PJ.
Vik says that he thinks that we have it far enough along that he can finish the rest. I'm excited to see the rest of this come together with the completed lens assembly and the audio. Can't wait.