or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio M650VSE Owners Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Vizio M650VSE Owners Thread! - Page 7

post #181 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindKntrl View Post

No Dice.. The way it's coded in their system shows they have it in store, but I couldn't buy it.. The register wouldn't allow the sale... They loaded it on the cart and everyone for me, we get to the register and it said 'Sale Not Allowed'... The manager even tried to push it through for the $1398 price, but it wouldn't take.. It's ONLY for Black Friday sale at Sam's and each store ONLY got 6..
GOOD LUCK!

Muahahhaha, told you!! Major props for taking the time and trying. I raise my Sam Adams to cheer you.
post #182 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsports316 View Post

Muahahhaha, told you!! Major props for taking the time and trying. I raise my Sam Adams to cheer you.

You most certainly did.. But it was well worth a shot..

The stock was there, but it wasn't input into the system as an item possible to sale just yet.. Meaning they specifically blocked the ability to sell it until Black Friday.. They went back and dug it out for me, brought it out on a cart to the register and everything, for which I give kudos to Sam's staff and management.. The tv was NOT on the floor, it was in the back in the stock room wrapped up they said (which should have told them something), nor if you went to the Sam's site the traditional way.. You had to go through a backdoor link (direct link from a BlackFriday Ads page) to even get it to show on the Sam's site, which i was able to pull up on my iPad in the store to show management.. If you gave them the actual item number to input into their system, it'll actually showed that they have 6 in stock.. Even the manager was a bit thrown off, saying 'yeah, it says it's here, I don't know why we can't sell it' initially..

They were dam sure going to TRY to sell me that tv, but technology prevented the sale... LOL

In any case, I've decided to wake my lady up at 3am, and we're going to line up and try to be some of the first in the door at 7am and try my luck at getting one of those 6 on hand.. If not, I'll either scurry on over to Costco and try to get one for $1499 (minus $200 instant rebate = $1299), or just stay in a holding pattern..


We'll see..
Edited by MindKntrl - 11/18/12 at 6:59am
post #183 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

Read back in this thread and myself and others cover most all of your questions.
This TV by far was better then the 3 times more expensive 70" Sharp I bought at Costco a couple months back for action sports ... the motion blur is the best I have seen thus far (especially with smooth motion on) and the biggest thing for me was the ghosting/halo effect that many other think LED edgelit tv's have ... this does not have that at all. Plus to answer your refresh rate question ... higher Hz means nothing ... heck the Sharp I had was a "Supposed" 480hx refresh rate and it was horrible .... don't buy into this 240/480hz bull ... its not real and most of the time looks NO Different than a basic 120hz (infact I respect a tv that's just 120hz .. I know they are being honest about it).
And I'm sot sure what you mean about the difference in this TV with a M651VSE since that model does not exist ... I think you may be referring to the step up form this TV that has the 3D built in which is the M3D651SV ... the only difference is yes it has 3D but the main reason I did not go with it was the Ultra Glossy Screen (read reviews on this TV they say it's like a mirror) ... plus is has the old old look like the last 65" 3D that's been out for a year or more and in my opinion is ugly as can be!
I wanted the 3D but not if I had a mirror for a TV and it was ugly as hell!
Hope this helps.

Thanks falconman515.
I went down to Walmart and looked at it. With their set up, it's hard to tell, but i was impressed with the picture. It certainly held it's own with other large flat screens they had.
Walmart is supposed to be price matching other Black Friday adds this year. It may be worth bringing in the BF Sam's Club add to get a price match.
BTW, Walmart has a Black Friday Vizio 60" for the mid $600 range....
Good Luck to all.

Owners, please keep posting your thoughts and picture settings.
There is very little specific online information about this set.
Thanks
post #184 of 717
I bought this set about a week ago from Costco (was originally looking at 60" tvs from Samsung and LG, but was intrigued by this). When comparing the sets next to each other in the store, the Vizio had a sharper picture with less blur compared to the Samsungs, Sharps, and LGs around it. I was always skeptical of the Vizio brand, but CNET rated the picture quality on other sets fairly highly, so I took the plunge.

First off, this thing is huge. Maybe its because I came from a 40" tv, but holy crap. LOVE IT. As for the picture, out of the box, it was ok. The colors seemed a little dull (not like what I was seeing in the stores) but was fine. I took out a DVD with THX and used their calibration options from the settings menu. That definitely evened out the colors, but still had them look soft. I found the "color enhancement" option in the video settings and set it to "normal" and that did the trick. Right now, it looks pretty sweet.

I haven't noticed any banding on my set as was previously mentioned in this thread. However, I can confirm the speakers do suck on this set. I have some floorstanding speakers, so it isn't an issue for me, but I could see how it would be annoying others. The menus are a little slow to pop up, but it's minor annoyance. The only real issue I have with the tv is that there are not a lot of inputs. If I had a better receiver, this wouldn't be an issue, but the fact that is shared the component input with the composite means I cant hook up my n64 frown.gif

As for gaming, I've been playing Black Ops 2 on this, and the picture looks great. The only weird thing I have noticed is that from time to time, the video connection cuts out for about 5 seconds hen reconnects. I think this is an issue with my video passthrough on my received, but I''m not sure as it doesn't happen to the cable box ever.

Overall, I am happy with the tv, its ridiculous size, and its fantastic price.
post #185 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsports316 View Post

Try http://tvblink.com/ its free, Has a ton of tests.
Thanks!!!
post #186 of 717
Checked it out at wal mart and i dont like the silver bezel part on bottom. Dont know why they decided to do that.
post #187 of 717
Well i wasn't set on the 65 inch Vizio. for my new place I need to save money for everything. So i went to Sams Early VIP Event tonight and got the 60 Inch Vizio for $699.
post #188 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsports316 View Post

Well i wasn't set on the 65 inch Vizio. for my new place I need to save money for everything. So i went to Sams Early VIP Event tonight and got the 60 Inch Vizio for $699.
That's still a good deal. Enjoy the new toy.
post #189 of 717
I think I want this since I missed the E601 at SAMs club tonight. I went on the vizio site and the main difference seems to be that the E610 has DLNA and the M650 does not.

I have no idea what that means in real life.

Would dlna let me stream from my laptop to the tv without hdmi cable? Meaning use the tv as a monitor without a cable? I would love to do that . Reminds me, the M650 also has one less hdmi. I've been told I can get an hdmi hub fairly cheap if I want more inputs. Is that true? Would be nice to have easy access for hookiing up,a laptop now and then if needed.

Thanks for the help.
post #190 of 717
Plugged in my WD Live TV today and saw the WD Live boot screen come up on HDMI-2 and then went to an error on screen saying "Not Support!". I tried HDMI-1 port as well and a cable I know was working with BD player and still no luck.

Not sure what the deal is since it works just fine on my older Sony set.

Anyone hookup any network streamers to this TV?
post #191 of 717
Yesterday while watching "The Walking Dead" My son notice that the screen was dimming and brightening by itself. I notice that also. Is like the brightening when you turn the TV on and off. Does anyone notice this also? or have seen something similar? This happen with a room completely dark at night..
post #192 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30PlusRetlaw View Post

Yesterday while watching "The Walking Dead" My son notice that the screen was dimming and brightening by itself. I notice that also. Is like the brightening when you turn the TV on and off. Does anyone notice this also? or have seen something similar? This happen with a room completely dark at night..

Turn off DCR, Dynamic Contrast Ratio.

Also turn off the Ambient Light Sensor thing if you can.
post #193 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeVelocity View Post

Turn off DCR, Dynamic Contrast Ratio.
Also turn off the Ambient Light Sensor thing if you can.
Did just that. Thanks. Ill check tonight to see if it work. Thanks again.
post #194 of 717
For anyone who has purchased this tv already, have you hooked it up to an HTPC?

How are the Web Enabled features / capabilities?
post #195 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Anne View Post

I think I want this since I missed the E601 at SAMs club tonight. I went on the vizio site and the main difference seems to be that the E610 has DLNA and the M650 does not.
I have no idea what that means in real life.
Would dlna let me stream from my laptop to the tv without hdmi cable? Meaning use the tv as a monitor without a cable? I would love to do that . Reminds me, the M650 also has one less hdmi. I've been told I can get an hdmi hub fairly cheap if I want more inputs. Is that true? Would be nice to have easy access for hookiing up,a laptop now and then if needed.
Thanks for the help.

DLNA gives you the option to stream music, pictures and videos from a networked computer. I currently use my xbox to stream my tv shows, but will play around to see if my fileformats will work for the Vizio DLNA.

DLNA however can not act like a wireless monitor if that's what you were wondering.
post #196 of 717
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post

Plugged in my WD Live TV today and saw the WD Live boot screen come up on HDMI-2 and then went to an error on screen saying "Not Support!". I tried HDMI-1 port as well and a cable I know was working with BD player and still no luck.
Not sure what the deal is since it works just fine on my older Sony set.
Anyone hookup any network streamers to this TV?

I have the new model WD TV Live hooked up to HDMI 2 and never had an issue.
post #197 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

I have the new model WD TV Live hooked up to HDMI 2 and never had an issue.

Mine is an older one (the non plus without Netflix). I wonder if maybe I have audio bitstream or something setup on it causing issue since on other setup the HDMI goes into A/V rcvr. Might hook it up to old TV check settings and then do a factory reset and try it.
post #198 of 717
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post

Mine is an older one (the non plus without Netflix). I wonder if maybe I have audio bitstream or something setup on it causing issue since on other setup the HDMI goes into A/V rcvr. Might hook it up to old TV check settings and then do a factory reset and try it.

I don't have the plus model either ... they have released a new WD TV Live this year that's totally different then the old one with a newer interface and all (http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330)
post #199 of 717
You already have an open thread in regard to this TV.a116.jpg
post #200 of 717
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexasthoma View Post

You already have an open thread in regard to this TV.a116.jpg

Ummm .... Ok thanks rolleyes.gif






(from a new member that just joined today with 7 posts! Way to start contributing .. LOL)
post #201 of 717
I would REALLY appreciate it if any owners could comment on the input lag/gaming quality of this TV? (esp xbox) - im looking to get one this week but only if its good for video gaming smile.gif

thanks in advance!
post #202 of 717
Hi guys. I've been following this thread for about a week because I'm interested in getting this TV for my basement. I wanted to let you know that I have a contact at Costco so I called her up this morning. First, Costco does NOT match competitors prices. They will give you a refund if a product THEY sell drops in price but they do not price match. Second, she checked the system and said that this TV is NOT scheduled to drop in price during the Black Friday season. Now she did caveat that things could change in the system but as of TODAY (11/20) it is not tagged in the system for price reduction. Hope this helps with decision making. I'll be getting this one from Sam's Club.

Cheers!
post #203 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

Yep ... watching football is Very pleasant as compared to the 70" Sharp I bought ... .

Out of curiosity, which 70" Sharp model did you originally have?? The newer -640U series (Edge-Lit), or the prior year's -73x or -632 series (Full-Array)?? ... just trying to get a sense if you're saying the Vizio M650VSE is superior to Sharp's edge-lit or full-array offerings.

I presently own, happily for near 3-years now, a Vizio VF551XVT (55" Full-Array / 80-zone Local-Dimmer), but have been wanting to jump into the 65" or (preferably) 70" pool... and get a display that equals or improves upon the black-levels & overall image my present display can render... I don't care about 3D so much - if it's in there, great... if not, no major loss. I realize some offerings in the current crop of Edge-Lit LED LCD TVs will outperform my older Full-Array set, and that's cool - progress is a wonderful thing... and, if there's an appreciable improvement, I'll gladly make the switch.

I've looked at and tweaked the Vizio M650VSE in Walmart a few times, and have been very pleased with it's appearance (in the retail environment) and think it represents a great value... and having seen it next to the LC-70LE640U (Edge-lit) think it holds it's own just fine... BUT, the idea of the bigger screen & Full-Array display are major draws for me. I haven't ruled out Sharp's 70" models (632 & 73x) from last year, which can be still found (now & again) for a few hundred more than the 65" Vizio.

Had Vizio gone ahead and produced the XVTPRO72 (or whatever the current derivative would be) as originally planned, I think my decision making process would be a LOT easier. LOL http://cnettv.cnet.com/vizio-xvt-pro-72-3d-lcd/9742-1_53-50081940.html
post #204 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestly View Post

Out of curiosity, which 70" Sharp model did you originally have?? The newer -640U series (Edge-Lit), or the prior year's -73x or -632 series (Full-Array)?? ... just trying to get a sense if you're saying the Vizio M650VSE is superior to Sharp's edge-lit or full-array offerings.
I presently own, happily for near 3-years now, a Vizio VF551XVT (55" Full-Array / 80-zone Local-Dimmer), but have been wanting to jump into the 65" or (preferably) 70" pool... and get a display that equals or improves upon the black-levels & overall image my present display can render... I don't care about 3D so much - if it's in there, great... if not, no major loss. I realize some offerings in the current crop of Edge-Lit LED LCD TVs will outperform my older Full-Array set, and that's cool - progress is a wonderful thing... and, if there's an appreciable improvement, I'll gladly make the switch.
I've looked at and tweaked the Vizio M650VSE in Walmart a few times, and have been very pleased with it's appearance (in the retail environment) and think it represents a great value... and having seen it next to the LC-70LE640U (Edge-lit) think it holds it's own just fine... BUT, the idea of the bigger screen & Full-Array display are major draws for me. I haven't ruled out Sharp's 70" models (632 & 73x) from last year, which can be still found (now & again) for a few hundred more than the 65" Vizio.
Had Vizio gone ahead and produced the XVTPRO72 (or whatever the current derivative would be) as originally planned, I think my decision making process would be a LOT easier. LOL http://cnettv.cnet.com/vizio-xvt-pro-72-3d-lcd/9742-1_53-50081940.html
I don't know if this will help but I bought and return the 60" sharp LC-60C6400U because football was unwatchable. I had to turn ALL motion help off and put the TV on "game mode" and that help. My other problem was how the black/dark color/scenes look on the sharp. Blue Rays look awesome on the sharp. In bjs, they lower the price of the sharps from $1499 to $1099 for the 60"
post #205 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30PlusRetlaw View Post

Did just that. Thanks. Ill check tonight to see if it work. Thanks again.

Did turning the DCR off fix that for you?
post #206 of 717
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestly View Post

Out of curiosity, which 70" Sharp model did you originally have?? The newer -640U series (Edge-Lit), or the prior year's -73x or -632 series (Full-Array)?? ... just trying to get a sense if you're saying the Vizio M650VSE is superior to Sharp's edge-lit or full-array offerings.
I presently own, happily for near 3-years now, a Vizio VF551XVT (55" Full-Array / 80-zone Local-Dimmer), but have been wanting to jump into the 65" or (preferably) 70" pool... and get a display that equals or improves upon the black-levels & overall image my present display can render... I don't care about 3D so much - if it's in there, great... if not, no major loss. I realize some offerings in the current crop of Edge-Lit LED LCD TVs will outperform my older Full-Array set, and that's cool - progress is a wonderful thing... and, if there's an appreciable improvement, I'll gladly make the switch.
I've looked at and tweaked the Vizio M650VSE in Walmart a few times, and have been very pleased with it's appearance (in the retail environment) and think it represents a great value... and having seen it next to the LC-70LE640U (Edge-lit) think it holds it's own just fine... BUT, the idea of the bigger screen & Full-Array display are major draws for me. I haven't ruled out Sharp's 70" models (632 & 73x) from last year, which can be still found (now & again) for a few hundred more than the 65" Vizio.
Had Vizio gone ahead and produced the XVTPRO72 (or whatever the current derivative would be) as originally planned, I think my decision making process would be a LOT easier. LOL http://cnettv.cnet.com/vizio-xvt-pro-72-3d-lcd/9742-1_53-50081940.html

I had the new model 70" Sharp the LC70C8470U (http://www.costco.com/Sharp-AQUOS-Quattron-70%22-Class-3D-1080p-240Hz-AquoMotion-480-LED-Smart-3D-TV.product.11755276.html) ... the 640 series you speak of is even older I think. I wish I could have got a 70" Full-array!

If you are thinking the new technology will 'look' better then you Rear Array Vizio then you might be kinda disappointed really ... I had the top of the line Vizio XVT Rear-array tv from about 3 years ago and to be honest I wish I could just take that exact TV and make it bigger ... I love this Vizio but the edge-lit technology Blows ... uniformity issues of course and I to not care for the slight banding (none of this we get on the older rear-array sets).

But if youa re thinking of an edge-lit Sharp over this model Vizio ... DON'T ... you will be very disappointed.
post #207 of 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeVelocity View Post

Did turning the DCR off fix that for you?

YES SIR!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much.
post #208 of 717
For those of you planning to line up at Sam's, please know that only Advantage Plus and Business Plus Members will be allowed in at 7am when doors open.. I suspect that the regular Advantage Members will be furious about this when the time comes.. I upgraded to Advantage Plus to increase my chances of landing one...
post #209 of 717
This is not true, I called 2 local Sams and they verified this is for ANY member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindKntrl View Post

For those of you planning to line up at Sam's, please know that only Advantage Plus and Business Plus Members will be allowed in at 7am when doors open.. I suspect that the regular Advantage Members will be furious about this when the time comes.. I upgraded to Advantage Plus to increase my chances of landing one...
post #210 of 717
I'm debating between this tv and the Vizio 60" that is also a popular Black Friday special. We would be using the tv almost exclusively for gaming with an XBox 360 and a PS3 over HDMI. Can someone who owns this tv comment on the input lag for gaming using a console? From what I've read in the 60" owners' thread, the 60" has a good reputation for minimal lag, but the extra 5" in screen size of the M650VSE would be a nice bonus if the lag is minimal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio M650VSE Owners Thread!