or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Far Cry 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Far Cry 3 - Page 3

post #61 of 149
I received the game yesterday and am having a blast so far. Even in video games I do not like swimming with sharks.

James
post #62 of 149
I noticed some DLC for the game on the PS store, but it isn't on the 360. Does the PS3 have a timed exclusive with this game?
post #63 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by exojam View Post

I received the game yesterday and am having a blast so far. Even in video games I do not like swimming with sharks.

James
Coward.
post #64 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I noticed some DLC for the game on the PS store, but it isn't on the 360. Does the PS3 have a timed exclusive with this game?

PS3 exclusive.
post #65 of 149
It was on the xbox 360 this morning and you could purchase and download it. MS removed it sometime today. My buddy is playing it but no luck downloading. According to Ubi forums people say its back up, which I see it but I cant download it. So who knows when. The PC and PS people are enjoying it.
post #66 of 149
I should of added that this is for the Deluxe bundle that came out this week. The High Tides DLC was for PS3 only.
post #67 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I should of added that this is for the Deluxe bundle that came out this week. The High Tides DLC was for PS3 only.

Evidently preorders already included the deluxe stuff. Anybody have it and is it worth $10?
post #68 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Evidently preorders already included the deluxe stuff. Anybody have it and is it worth $10?

Was it preorders from a certain store/site? I had mine preordered and didnt get anything.
post #69 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Evidently preorders already included the deluxe stuff. Anybody have it and is it worth $10?

Was it preorders from a certain store/site? I had mine preordered and didnt get anything.

Not sure. Probably a mashup of all the preorders.
post #70 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

Coward.

Just saw this and yes when it comes to swimming with sharks call me yellow:)

But actually one thing that I would have liked to do in my walking days is jump in a shark cage down in South Africa with some great whites around. I love those sharks.

James
post #71 of 149
Could never make this happen again. Attacked a base and was seen. Reinforcements were two choppers. Sniped a gunner out and that chopper stopped moving. Other one came near the first. Sniped the pilot out of the first and that chopper swung into the second and blew em both up! Good times! biggrin.gif
post #72 of 149
Not a bad story at all. Took 23 hours to finish it. Oddly enough I bought it last friday and got done today. Got some cheevos left + coop + multi. Very cool game overall. Wish more was done with crafting and cave exploring though.
post #73 of 149
Coop cheevos are all that is left. So if anyone wants to work them I'm down.
post #74 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Not a bad story at all. Took 23 hours to finish it. Oddly enough I bought it last friday and got done today. Got some cheevos left + coop + multi. Very cool game overall. Wish more was done with crafting and cave exploring though.
I don't know about you, but most of my time with this game has been spent exploring. I'm almost 24 hours in and I haven't even finished the first island yet. Finally got all the relics and side missions. Now plugging away at the main mission stuff.

Really dig this game. It took some minor adjustments of my own (no HUD, no tagging, no maps, no skill upgrades, no crafting, etc., etc.), but it turned into a really great game. There's a lot of awesome stuff buried in this game that you'll never see if you use all the skills and items and maps. Shame. Glad I was finally able to dust off the awesomeness beneath all that junk!
post #75 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Not a bad story at all. Took 23 hours to finish it. Oddly enough I bought it last friday and got done today. Got some cheevos left + coop + multi. Very cool game overall. Wish more was done with crafting and cave exploring though.
I don't know about you, but most of my time with this game has been spent exploring. I'm almost 24 hours in and I haven't even finished the first island yet. Finally got all the relics and side missions. Now plugging away at the main mission stuff.

Really dig this game. It took some minor adjustments of my own (no HUD, no tagging, no maps, no skill upgrades, no crafting, etc., etc.), but it turned into a really great game. There's a lot of awesome stuff buried in this game that you'll never see if you use all the skills and items and maps. Shame. Glad I was finally able to dust off the awesomeness beneath all that junk!

Yea crafting makes this easy. I only did story and cheevo related stuff. There are side missions left that I will get to. Wanted to check out coop. Unlike ghost recon future soldier they actually have public coop lobbies. Multi is fun too which once done with coop I will get back on. Really dig firestorm mode.
post #76 of 149
There are games I play for a challenge, like Street Fighter, Skate, SMT games, or Dark Souls.

A game like this, I play to explore a beautiful world and shoot guys in the face with a bow. I don't mind that it is easy. Just Cause 2 is the same way. The Trials make for a nice little score-based challenge once in a while.
post #77 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

There are games I play for a challenge, like Street Fighter, Skate, SMT games, or Dark Souls.

A game like this, I play to explore a beautiful world and shoot guys in the face with a bow. I don't mind that it is easy. Just Cause 2 is the same way. The Trials make for a nice little score-based challenge once in a while.
I really would just get bored if I played the game the way it's designed to be played. That's why I got bored of Skyrim. It all just feels repetitive and tedious if there's no challenge involved. And like I said, it's amazing how many things you notice that you wouldn't otherwise. I mean, someone put serious time and effort into adding visual and aural elements that go totally unnoticed if you use the stat boosts and crafting boosts and weapon boosts and enemy tagging. All that stuff feels like a built-in Game Genie, and I would have missed so many really cool aspects of the game.

Really reminds me a lot of the first Assassin's Creed in that respect. It looks like the game was going in two different directions design-wise; and the hand holding direction won out. Luckily the more challenging version can still be uncovered with not a lot of work. Just like AC1.
post #78 of 149
I don't really use crafting and I wish I could turn off the HUD myself. I do like the enemy tagging, it lets me plan approaches. I feel like a predator, which is what they were going for I imagine.
post #79 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

I don't really use crafting and I wish I could turn off the HUD myself. I do like the enemy tagging, it lets me plan approaches. I feel like a predator, which is what they were going for I imagine.
I wish they'd "gated" that a bit more though. You get way too powerful way too soon. Story-wise, it would have made more sense to save most of that for the second island.
post #80 of 149
YES!!! Platinumed Far Cry 3!!!

Hardest part was getting the right Co-Op Maps to come up, and finally got the last two needed ones the other night.

First game I've ever TRIED to Platinum and worked towards it and accomplished it! Yes! Great, great, great, game.

Will do another play-through a little later, but for now it's time for Sleeping Dogs, finishing up Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3 and finishing up Kingdoms of Amalur and SKyrim. Good stuff.
post #81 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Will do another play-through a little later, but for now it's time for Sleeping Dogs, finishing up Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3 and finishing up Kingdoms of Amalur and SKyrim. Good stuff.
All platinumed, of course, right? wink.gif
post #82 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

All platinumed, of course, right? wink.gif

Pffffttt!! Aint no way brother!!

PS - that's one of the reasons I liked FC3 so much - it WAS platinum-able! It didn't have some crazy, arbitrary, impossible Achievements that were not do-able (Beat the entire game using nothing but melee attacks). It had very reasonable, do-able achievements. I like that.
post #83 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

All platinumed, of course, right? wink.gif

Pffffttt!! Aint no way brother!!

PS - that's one of the reasons I liked FC3 so much - it WAS platinum-able! It didn't have some crazy, arbitrary, impossible Achievements that were not do-able (Beat the entire game using nothing but melee attacks). It had very reasonable, do-able achievements. I like that.

I'm surprised there wasn't any cheevo for game difficulty or even collecting everything. Only need 60 of 120 relics, dont need any of the side quests (named story quests in game) or much of Raktyat trials, not one for all guns. Almost like they had too many ideas so they skipped the played out ones. Coops are easy, just complete each section difficulty doesn't apply. Oh and coop counts towards multi unlocks. So you can level your gun a bit there and also get lots of stuff to decode.
post #84 of 149
Anyone on the fence or if you know someone interested Amazon has the game on sale today for $35.
post #85 of 149
Hey all, thought I'd share my DLC issue that's seemed to have popped up. Looking for any tips if you've run into this.

I just picked up the Deluxe Bundle the other day, and quickly completed the two "Lost Expedition" quests. I completed the initial Hurk quest and saved my game down to the cloud.

Next day I turned on my 2nd Xbox, loaded the cloud game. Realized that it didn't have the DLC, so I downloaded and the DLC on the 2nd Xbox.

Started the game on the 2nd Xbox, loaded the cloud save, and noticed that the two "Lost Expedition" quests where showing - as was the original Hurk quest. A bummer, but I figured that maybe because it was a new DLC, the old save thought it had to start everything over on the DLC. I finished up the first Hurk quest again, and then decided to give the "Lost Expedition" quests a run. I started with the "Lost Expeditions - Prototype Lab" mission. I went into the first room and took everyone out. Then I realized that the document fragments are missing - the cases are open and not flashing - as if it remembers I finished the mission before. Since I couldn't move forward, I fast traveled out of the location.

Any clue if this mission is just "stuck", and I should avoid it, or if I've messed up any of the other DLC?

-JR
post #86 of 149
So I just started playing this last night (bought in the Amazon sale this past week) - is there ever any reason to not sell items that have SELL as their recommended use?
post #87 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

So I just started playing this last night (bought in the Amazon sale this past week) - is there ever any reason to not sell items that have SELL as their recommended use?

Just sell it. Its useless, there is a quick sell button. Only thing that sucks is that you have to sell skins and plants one by one.
post #88 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

So I just started playing this last night (bought in the Amazon sale this past week) - is there ever any reason to not sell items that have SELL as their recommended use?
Nope. The economy system, skill system, and crafting systems are totally broken in Far Cry 3 IMO. Definitely under-thought. I just ignored all that stuff, and it made the game much better.

Got to the end (40hrs+) without ever upgrading, crafting, or purchasing a single thing that I didn't have to. Much more satisfying. I really don't know why they had to add all those useless layers of crap on top of an otherwise excellent game.
post #89 of 149
Having a blast with this game.

Can you go back and complete all the side missions after finishing the story?
Edited by sirjonsnow - 2/2/13 at 5:09pm
post #90 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Having a blast with this game.

Can you go back and complete all the side missions after finishing the story?

I do believe so since you can continue to wonder around after the main story line is done (I did everything before finishing the main story line though).

James
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Far Cry 3