or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Good Speakers for Denon 2113?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Speakers for Denon 2113? - Page 5

post #121 of 132
Do you have a computer with optical or HDMI out? If so, take a couple of songs that have that problem and rip them to lossless on your computer from the CDs (wav, flac, or Apple lossless). Hook the computer to the receiver. Then play the songs back and do some switching back and forth and compare.
post #122 of 132
One other thought. Are you running digital from your DVD player to your receiver? If so, then the DVD player is probably not going to be the culprit.
post #123 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

One other thought. Are you running digital from your DVD player to your receiver? If so, then the DVD player is probably not going to be the culprit.

I don´t have a computer with HDMI out, would it work by putting the songs on a USB? the DVD player is connected via HDMI to the Receiver, what do you mean by that last thought?
post #124 of 132
If you are running digital from your DVD player the the receiver, then the receiver is doing all of the analog processing of the music using its own DAC. Don't see how the DVD player could be adding distortion in that circumstance.
post #125 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

If you are running digital from your DVD player the the receiver, then the receiver is doing all of the analog processing of the music using its own DAC. Don't see how the DVD player could be adding distortion in that circumstance.

Sorry but I stil dont understand, connecting by HDMI is running it digital?
post #126 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by derneustart View Post

Sorry but I stil dont understand, connecting by HDMI is running it digital?

Someone told me once that the lector quality will affect ond the sound/video quality of the cd/dvd, i dont even know if thats true or right, and dont know what you mean by "running it digital", tomorrow id have time to test what you said, but I still dont know if ripping it to the computer and then copying it to an USB would work for the test.


oh, and yes, the speaker is a little bit toaded, I´m gonna fix it, what´s your recommendation on speaker placing? thanks!
post #127 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by derneustart View Post

Sorry but I stil dont understand, connecting by HDMI is running it digital?

With HDMI, the audio signal is transferred digitally to the receiver, and the receiver's built-in DAC then converts it to analog. Consequently, is it very unlikely that the DVD player is adding any distortion.
post #128 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

With HDMI, the audio signal is transferred digitally to the receiver, and the receiver's built-in DAC then converts it to analog. Consequently, is it very unlikely that the DVD player is adding any distortion.

Does the lens/lector quality/build play any part on these equation? or is it just a myth?
post #129 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by derneustart View Post

Does the lens/lector quality/build play any part on these equation? or is it just a myth?

Sorry. I'm not an engineer and don't know what "lector" is.

If the CD player were having trouble accurately reading the disc, the problem wouldn't be just in the treble/highs. There would be audible problems at other frequencies as well.
post #130 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Sorry. I'm not an engineer and don't know what "lector" is.

If the CD player were having trouble accurately reading the disc, the problem wouldn't be just in the treble/highs. There would be audible problems at other frequencies as well.


I understand, so you think that buying a better player, like an universal player or so (considering the DBT-1713 to even add blu-ray capabilities) won´t help solve the problem? and the test you recommended me, can I do it with the USB instead of the pc connected via hdmi?
post #131 of 132
I think you are way ahead of yourself. You should figure out where the problem is, first. Start with swapping speakers, then worry about seeing if it's the electronics.
post #132 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by derneustart View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

If you are running digital from your DVD player the the receiver, then the receiver is doing all of the analog processing of the music using its own DAC. Don't see how the DVD player could be adding distortion in that circumstance.

Sorry but I stil dont understand, connecting by HDMI is running it digital?

Yes. HDMI is a digital link for both audio and digital unless you are using the return link.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Good Speakers for Denon 2113?