Originally Posted by xrayguy61
what I tried to do is streaming big mkv file to ps3 which connected to home theater.
1. had ps3 media server installed. ps3 found my PC
2. Got a big mkv file, over 9GB single. converted to mpeg2 with mkv2vob successfully.
3. ps3 found the file, BUT can't play it.
1. Does ps3 only recognize the file less than 4 G? if yes, that could be the problem.
2. Does mkv2vob convert the file and automatically split them to chapters which can be played like real blu-ray disc?
3. if question is no, then what is the solution?
4. do we have to convert mkv to something ps3 can read? or is there program we can install in ps3 and make it play mkv directly?
thanks a lot.
1. No, I have files well over 20 gigs that I stream over my network. (1Gig Lan) Though, PS3 media server only detect 512MB of it.
2. Ps3media server default uses Mencoder, you can swap them around or tick on the option that said use Tmuxer.
3. Have you play with PS3 media server Quality settings? mine is 1,1,2 this uses high bandwidth without using too much of the CPU.
4. No, PS3 media server was created so that it can play MKV, (I watch a lot of anime, those are in MKV files now days)
My computer is, 1.7Ghz Quad core I7 CPU, 16Gig of ram, GTX 460M.
if you have a lot of memory, you can allocate some of that for PS3 media server, say something like 1200M
What version of PMS are you using? they just recently update it to 1.71, as far as I know, 1.70 and up can play MKV file with out having to add anything like AviSync or AVCore, etc..
oh mind if you could at lease post up the Debug log? that usually tell you why you're having problem.Edited by kanti123 - 11/17/12 at 8:29pm