or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › The Emotiva 2012 holiday sale started today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Emotiva 2012 holiday sale started today.

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
The Emotiva 2012 holiday sale started today.
post #2 of 12
How long does this sale last? I didnt see anything right off on their website stating how long the sale goes.
post #3 of 12
Cool I will treat myself close to xmas time.
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

How long does this sale last? I didnt see anything right off on their website stating how long the sale goes.

I just sent them an email to find out until when the holiday sale will be available.
post #5 of 12
When they claim it to be "their biggest sale of the year", historically is this true? Just wondering as I'm building my theater and planned to use their amps, but I don't need them yet. However, if this is indeed when they have the best deals, I may have to pick them up early. Thanks!

-Sean
post #6 of 12
^^^^^^
Many of the products are new for this year and have not been on sale before now or for some just the second time. I think this sale pricing is good and if you need them in 1 to 3 months this maybe a good time to buy. Sure they maybe 5% less or higher at the next big sale.The big savings is when a unit is closed-out, but most units are too new to be closed out for years to come. Even at list price these amps are a good value, a good amp always has value, its the one price of hardware thats always useable... A good amp never gets outdated like most other hardware... Amps are the only real long term investment grade hardware in the audio chain, buy the best amps that you can afford, you won't be sorry...
Edited by joehonest - 11/12/12 at 2:32am
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
I received a reply from Emotiva today, and they told me that the sale will last until the beginning of the year. They also told me that it's a "while supplies last" kind of sale.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazExprez View Post

I received a reply from Emotiva today, and they told me that the sale will last until the beginning of the year. They also told me that it's a "while supplies last" kind of sale.

Thanks for the update.
post #9 of 12
Can anyone tell me...
  • Can the XPA-5 be plugged into a battery backup?
  • Is this a really bad Idea?
  • Does it need a dedicated line?
  • 15a or 20a needed if dedicated?

Ths would drive the front three and front uppers, my receiver would drive the sides and rears.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbrang View Post

Can anyone tell me...
  • Can the XPA-5 be plugged into a battery backup?
  • Is this a really bad Idea?
  • Does it need a dedicated line?
  • 15a or 20a needed if dedicated?
Ths would drive the front three and front uppers, my receiver would drive the sides and rears.

I would only have the preamp on battery back up, you want the amp to shut down asap, and don't want any pops from the preamp, as only the speakers are at risk..
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

I would only have the preamp on battery back up, you want the amp to shut down asap, and don't want any pops from the preamp, as only the speakers are at risk..

That makes sense. Thank you!
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
I just listened to the Emotiva 11/16/12 podcast and they stated there will not be a Black Friday sale this year. The prices that they have right now are probably the best for the remainder of the year. They also announced that the UMC-2, XPR-1, and XPR-2 should be released around the end of November, or early December, and that these will be included in the holiday sale.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Great Found Deals
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › The Emotiva 2012 holiday sale started today.