or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › DVD Recorders (Standard Def) › Number of Chapters on DVD-R
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Number of Chapters on DVD-R

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I have been transferring short video segments from HDD to DVD-R on my 515.

If there are 5 segments, the 515 indicates that there are 5 titles on the DVD-R but when I play it back on a DVD player, that player indicates that there are 10 titles and it plays everything through twice. Can anyone explain this?
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich13 View Post

I have been transferring short video segments from HDD to DVD-R on my 515.

If there are 5 segments, the 515 indicates that there are 5 titles on the DVD-R but when I play it back on a DVD player, that player indicates that there are 10 titles and it plays everything through twice. Can anyone explain this?

 

Is the disc Finalized?

post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich13 View Post

I have been transferring short video segments from HDD to DVD-R on my 515.

If there are 5 segments, the 515 indicates that there are 5 titles on the DVD-R but when I play it back on a DVD player, that player indicates that there are 10 titles and it plays everything through twice. Can anyone explain this?

The five titles were not cleared off your dubbing list. That way you dubbed the same titles twice to the DVD.
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Yes, the disc is finalized. If it were not I don't think the DVD player would play it.
post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo View Post

The five titles were not cleared off your dubbing list. That way you dubbed the same titles twice to the DVD.

They were dubbed only once. About an hour at fast speed, that's all that would fit. Playing them on the 515 shows 5 titles.

I have 7 discs like this.
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo View Post

The five titles were not cleared off your dubbing list. That way you dubbed the same titles twice to the DVD.

They were dubbed only once. About an hour at fast speed, that's all that would fit. Playing them on the 515 shows 5 titles.

I have 7 discs like this.

 

What is the length of each title (hh:mm:ss) and the rec mode?

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

What is the length of each title (hh:mm:ss) and the rec mode?

The titles vary from between one and two minutes and over 30 minutes each. Record mode is HQ.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

What is the length of each title (hh:mm:ss) and the rec mode?

The titles vary from between one and two minutes and over 30 minutes each. Record mode is HQ.

 

I was hoping for the length of each title to see how that might fit into your doubling up, or not, and your filling the DVD, or not. The "HQ" is the other big item to know.

post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

I was hoping for the length of each title to see how that might fit into your doubling up, or not, and your filling the DVD, or not. The "HQ" is the other big item to know.

Here's an example. Disc #4. 28:33, 19:39, 7:46, 7:48, and 1:07

Disc spaced used is 1:04:54 That's about all there was room for.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

I was hoping for the length of each title to see how that might fit into your doubling up, or not, and your filling the DVD, or not. The "HQ" is the other big item to know.

Here's an example. Disc #4. 28:33, 19:39, 7:46, 7:48, and 1:07

Disc spaced used is 1:04:54 That's about all there was room for.

 

Wow, 1-sec below the HSD max. of 1:04:55... cutting it close!

 

That doesn't explain the doubling up, but the HQ might have something to do with it in relation to the playing machine. Some can't handle HQ bit rate nicely, and some might not see the +V R-mode files correctly.

 

What brand and model of other player sees the extra files?

 

Do you have any other non-Mag players to try it on?

post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Wow, 1-sec below the HSD max. of 1:04:55... cutting it close!

That doesn't explain the doubling up, but the HQ might have something to do with it in relation to the playing machine. Some can't handle HQ bit rate nicely, and some might not see the +V R-mode files correctly.

What brand and model of other player sees the extra files?

Do you have any other non-Mag players to try it on?

It is a Toshiba SD-5000. Maybe 10 years old. I will hook up another one and check it when I can.

It does not repeat when playing it on my computer.
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Wow, 1-sec below the HSD max. of 1:04:55... cutting it close!

That doesn't explain the doubling up, but the HQ might have something to do with it in relation to the playing machine. Some can't handle HQ bit rate nicely, and some might not see the +V R-mode files correctly.

What brand and model of other player sees the extra files?

Do you have any other non-Mag players to try it on?

It is a Toshiba SD-5000. Maybe 10 years old. I will hook up another one and check it when I can.

It does not repeat when playing it on my computer.

 

That sounds suspiciously like a player that can't handle the high bit rate of HQ... here's hoping!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DVD Recorders (Standard Def)
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › DVD Recorders (Standard Def) › Number of Chapters on DVD-R