or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG XXLM7200 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG XXLM7200 Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

well my 10 year old sharp aquos finally bit the bullet this morning...luckily ive been ready for it and trying to research a decent replacement, but now my hand is somewhat forced and i had hoped to wait another few weeks so i didnt make to rash a decision.
where i live up in canuck land, the debate is lm7200 vs. lm8600....60" vs 55"...right now futureshop is offering the lm7200 for 1599+tax and ship and BB is offering the lm8600 1799+tax and free ship
both sets come to around 1999.00 when the dust settles.....the only advantage on paper the lm7200 has is the extra 5" size....other than that the lm8600 seems like a much better product, it has the dual core processor and a couple other slightly better features like contrast ratio etc.
problem is i dont live in a town near either store so have to pretty much rely on these review forums and ive learned a lot reading all the pro's and cons...but still have to buy set unseen.
from other forums ive learned or so it was said anyways that when you buy LG true motion that 240 is really 120hz native but with the enhanced it is a simulated 240hz which may explain why a lot of users complain about it when watching fast sports?? i dont really know tho.
im not really sure whether the bigger size of a sooon to be discontinued 7200 is really worth it when the 8600 seems like the "better build"......
and all that said there is the 55lm7600 to make things even more confusing which has great reviews for most part, aside from the usual edge-lit problems that will be appaent in all 3 i would assume?
so if you were me and you had to make a quick decision to get the sale price on the 7200 or 8600, which would you choose, or is the 7600 still the winner which is not much cheaper unless i went down to 47" model.

any input is helpful, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

yeah i guess the price went up at midnight pst....oh well....
this "new" samsung looks interesting...
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-samsung-55-1080p-240hz-3d-led-smart-tv-un55es7050fxzc-un55es7050fxzc/10228571.aspx
but the sammy 7100 is slightly cheaper and probably better:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-samsung-55-1080p-240hz-3d-led-smart-tv-un55es7100fxzc-un55es7100fxzc/10202370.aspx?path=e03c31396a2f581a4d0958f3043864e9en02
if you can get into a store to buy it cause online is sold out frown.gif

I don't think if you can compare LG 7200 with the Samsung 8600...Samsung 7100 seem to be a better comparison. I don't know what Futureshop Samsung 7050 is but it seems to be the same as 7100 and they still have it online. I managed to order the LG online at $1599+shipping +tax.....but also ordered the Samsung from Bestbuy as I couldn't decide between the two. If only Samsung comes with passive 3D I'll probably go with them....the difference between the LG and Samsung 60 is only $350 with shipping taken into consideration.
post #212 of 731
well it sucks to pay more when it was 100 bones cheaper yesterday but the 7200 is still a decent deal compared to whats available...and it will be even worse by weeks end.
the lm 8600 is only 1799 at bb...and it looks like the 55 lm 9600 is sold out now....which was also 1799...clearance!
post #213 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

well it sucks to pay more when it was 100 bones cheaper yesterday but the 7200 is still a decent deal compared to whats available...and it will be even worse by weeks end.
the lm 8600 is only 1799 at bb...and it looks like the 55 lm 9600 is sold out now....which was also 1799...clearance!

Fierce competition in the 55" size.. good for consumers.. For now the 60LM7200 is uncontested within the LG lineup hence a clear choice for those looking for a 55+ size and passive 3D combo. The 240Hz just sweetens the deal.
post #214 of 731
I just had the chance to look at a display model for the LG 7200 at the store. I don't know if it's a problem with the calibration or maybe a problem with the panel, but the image was substantially darker compare to the other models. Even comparing to other LG 6400 or 7600. Am a bit disappointed...now I am wondering if I should go with the Samsung instead for $350 more..
post #215 of 731
Is this a matte display or a glossy one? I have been looking for a 60" Passive 3D LCD/LED TV with matte display since there are a LOT of windows/glare in our room. I tried a glossy TV and it just didn't work.

Some says this is glossy, but some says they are not. Can someone who owns this and has a glossy/matte TV compare it with their other TVs and tell me if this is trully a matte or glossy screen?

Thanks
post #216 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by joms View Post

Is this a matte display or a glossy one? I have been looking for a 60" Passive 3D LCD/LED TV with matte display since there are a LOT of windows/glare in our room. I tried a glossy TV and it just didn't work.
Some says this is glossy, but some says they are not. Can someone who owns this and has a glossy/matte TV compare it with their other TVs and tell me if this is trully a matte or glossy screen?
Thanks

i believe the LG lm 7600 series are semi-matte
post #217 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by joms View Post

Is this a matte display or a glossy one? I have been looking for a 60" Passive 3D LCD/LED TV with matte display since there are a LOT of windows/glare in our room. I tried a glossy TV and it just didn't work.
Some says this is glossy, but some says they are not. Can someone who owns this and has a glossy/matte TV compare it with their other TVs and tell me if this is trully a matte or glossy screen?
Thanks

It's a semi-matte screen; duller than full glossy but still reflective to some extent.
post #218 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

well it sucks to pay more when it was 100 bones cheaper yesterday but the 7200 is still a decent deal compared to whats available...and it will be even worse by weeks end.
the lm 8600 is only 1799 at bb...and it looks like the 55 lm 9600 is sold out now....which was also 1799...clearance!

I was set on 60" screen but wanted passive 3D, unfortunately most TVs with a good price are in the 55" range so I was considering those models when I stumbled upon the Samsung 7100 series - was considering buying that but the talk of active 3d was putting me off. 3D wont be a big thing, but a nice to have... and every time I am in the stores, I like the size of the 60" screens.. I want a more "theater" experience at home (have Marantz 1603 receiver and Polk Audio speaker setup)... I then spotted the LM7200 and had a restless night thinking about it.. in the morning I saw that Futureshop had no stock in Ontario. There were 34 odd in BC, and "limited quanties" in QC. I called a friend in QC, and got the TV ordered to be delivered to his place in Hull. (Ottawa). I'm going to have to drive out for a weekend to pick it up from his place from the GTA. (YEah I know its going to cost me gas $$ but from the reviews I read I thought I would take the risk on this TV Set) Today I noticed the price when up by another $100.. and they stocked up BC and QC with 100+ units, but none in Ontario.

I'll be going from a 42" Toshiba Regza. I'm hoping picture quality wont be an issue. I'm not AV pro, but I do appreciate a good picture. Looking forward to watching unwatched blu-rays on it.. (Back to the future, Indiana Jones, Star Wars etc wink.gif

Hopefully we see more support of these sets by LG.
post #219 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSide View Post

It's a semi-matte screen; duller than full glossy but still reflective to some extent.

thanks for that. I saw a few posts and there were those photos posted earlier in the thread with the dreadful reflections.

I will be using mine in a basement with downlights. Hopefully I wont have glare issues
post #220 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSide View Post

It's a semi-matte screen; duller than full glossy but still reflective to some extent.
just to be clear your saying the 7200 is semi matte?.....and its similar to the 7600?

one thing that weirded me out about the 7200 was that it doesnt have a direct coaxial input.....i know that most everyone uses a pvr type box etc anyways but its those little discrepancies with these flash in the pan/models that seem like a great bargain that get me worried.
maybe im over thinking it....im starting to lean towards the 7600 just to be safe and know that i chose the model with the better reviews.......but thats easier for me cause im not needing a huge tv like the 60" and was only considering it because it seems like such a great deal for such a big tv.
post #221 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxp View Post

I was set on 60" screen but wanted passive 3D, unfortunately most TVs with a good price are in the 55" range so I was considering those models when I stumbled upon the Samsung 7100 series - was considering buying that but the talk of active 3d was putting me off. 3D wont be a big thing, but a nice to have... and every time I am in the stores, I like the size of the 60" screens.. I want a more "theater" experience at home (have Marantz 1603 receiver and Polk Audio speaker setup)... I then spotted the LM7200 and had a restless night thinking about it.. in the morning I saw that Futureshop had no stock in Ontario. There were 34 odd in BC, and "limited quanties" in QC. I called a friend in QC, and got the TV ordered to be delivered to his place in Hull. (Ottawa). I'm going to have to drive out for a weekend to pick it up from his place from the GTA. (YEah I know its going to cost me gas $$ but from the reviews I read I thought I would take the risk on this TV Set) Today I noticed the price when up by another $100.. and they stocked up BC and QC with 100+ units, but none in Ontario.
I'll be going from a 42" Toshiba Regza. I'm hoping picture quality wont be an issue. I'm not AV pro, but I do appreciate a good picture. Looking forward to watching unwatched blu-rays on it.. (Back to the future, Indiana Jones, Star Wars etc wink.gif
Hopefully we see more support of these sets by LG.

Hmm..so you can't order the TV if they say there are none available in your province? I ordered one online but wanted to pick it up directly instead. Tried to do it at one store at 6am and the price changed and they said they couldn't match the online price. Then went back to the store I first saw it and the sales guy had no problem giving it to me at the online price. So I got one from the store..haven't tried it out yet...was comparing it to 7100, then 7500...I think Samsung does have a slightly better picture as mentioned in the past...black and white is more defined...but just like you...I am not too keen on the active 3D. So hopefully this panel will be ok. Interestingly, when I read about the Samsung 7500...there seem to be quite a bit of problem where the TV died or do weird things on its own.
post #222 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrr View Post

Hmm..so you can't order the TV if they say there are none available in your province? I ordered one online but wanted to pick it up directly instead. Tried to do it at one store at 6am and the price changed and they said they couldn't match the online price. Then went back to the store I first saw it and the sales guy had no problem giving it to me at the online price. So I got one from the store..haven't tried it out yet...was comparing it to 7100, then 7500...I think Samsung does have a slightly better picture as mentioned in the past...black and white is more defined...but just like you...I am not too keen on the active 3D. So hopefully this panel will be ok. Interestingly, when I read about the Samsung 7500...there seem to be quite a bit of problem where the TV died or do weird things on its own.

so you bought the 7200 then?....nice, set it up and let us know if you love it!
post #223 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrr View Post

Hmm..so you can't order the TV if they say there are none available in your province? I ordered one online but wanted to pick it up directly instead. Tried to do it at one store at 6am and the price changed and they said they couldn't match the online price. Then went back to the store I first saw it and the sales guy had no problem giving it to me at the online price. So I got one from the store..haven't tried it out yet...was comparing it to 7100, then 7500...I think Samsung does have a slightly better picture as mentioned in the past...black and white is more defined...but just like you...I am not too keen on the active 3D. So hopefully this panel will be ok. Interestingly, when I read about the Samsung 7500...there seem to be quite a bit of problem where the TV died or do weird things on its own.

I ordered mine online on Christmas Day as I didnt bother to look online on the 24th when the deals were available. It was sold out for ON, but I was able to change delivery address to QC and pay for it and have it delivered to my friend in Hull. I figured the price would go up after the 25th as thats when they said online the price was going to be. Interesting that you couldnt get the price match at the second store. It did cost me more in Environmetal fees, and also will cost me gas $$$ to get it, but thats the TV I wanted. I was really thinking about the 7100 but the 60" was too tempting too miss out on. Worse case is I really hate it, and return it..
post #224 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

so you bought the 7200 then?....nice, set it up and let us know if you love it!

yeah smile.gif I wont get mine for 2 weeks as thats when I can visit my friend to pick it up.
post #225 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrr View Post

I just had the chance to look at a display model for the LG 7200 at the store. I don't know if it's a problem with the calibration or maybe a problem with the panel, but the image was substantially darker compare to the other models. Even comparing to other LG 6400 or 7600. Am a bit disappointed...now I am wondering if I should go with the Samsung instead for $350 more..

It is not a problem with the panel.....it is just a calibration issue. Once you get it home it will be noticeable better. If you can try asking someone at Best Buy if you can mess with the settings and see if you can get it to where you like it. Also remember that the lighting at your house is not the same as in the store. And I would say that yes the screen is pretty glossy I had a Plasma and the LG is almost just as glossy.
post #226 of 731
BTW - here is the US product page. Direct link: http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-60LM7200-led-tv

Does anyone have a link to the Product Manual??
Edited by psxp - 12/27/12 at 7:45am
post #227 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post


just to be clear your saying the 7200 is semi matte?.....and its similar to the 7600?
one thing that weirded me out about the 7200 was that it doesnt have a direct coaxial input.....i know that most everyone uses a pvr type box etc anyways but its those little discrepancies with these flash in the pan/models that seem like a great bargain that get me worried.
maybe im over thinking it....im starting to lean towards the 7600 just to be safe and know that i chose the model with the better reviews.......but thats easier for me cause im not needing a huge tv like the 60" and was only considering it because it seems like such a great deal for such a big tv.

Well my old LCD Samsung was glossy screen so this one is definitely not as shiny and reflective. I can't make any comparisons with the LM7600.. the screens are definitely different between the two.

I don't understand the concern regarding a coaxial input. I run my TV through outdoor antenna and there's an input for that. What other inputs would you require?

The LM7600 is the higher up model with a better contrast ratio plus sleek looks. But, it's not available in 60".. and the LM7200 is definitely the deal of the year in terms of price/performance.
post #228 of 731
I've had this tv for over a month. I also have a panasonic plasma to compare it to. The 3d on this tv is the best I've seen outside of a theater. I give the lg the nod on movies from blu-ray or cable. I would rate my Panasonic a 8/10 for sports and lg 7/10. If you have lot windows on the opposite side of your tv then I recommend a different tv. The screen is about the same as my iPhone on reflections. The smart tv apps work great. The remote is like using your wii controller. If don't sit at least 10 ft away don't go with a 60 in go with something smaller.
post #229 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxp View Post

BTW - here is the US product page. Direct link: http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-60LM7200-led-tv
Does anyone have a link to the Product Manual??

Interesting...on their website...you actually can't find the TV listed even though there's a page for it? Looks like the only difference between this and 7600 should be the dynamic contrast and the frame itself which is nicer with 7600....how much does that matter I wonder? Also, what's interesting is the 7600 is the same weight as 7200 even though 7200 is bigger?
post #230 of 731
all the pricing on the LG's seems strange i wonder how they determine it:
at futureshop this is how much they are:

47lm7600 1399.00
47lm8600 1799.00
47lm9600 1499.00

55lm7600 1799.00
55lm8600 1999.00
55lm9600 1799.00

60lm7200 1699.00



if i was getting a 47" model it would seem logical to pay the extra 100 and get the 9600 right or are they discontinued for a reason?
post #231 of 731
The $1599 price for the 60lm7200 is what got me to pull the trigger. Also sounds like the 240 Trumotion thing will be turned off to avoid the Soap Opera Effect. I will be on Rogers Digital Plus for TV and Panasonic BPD220 for films. I'm looking forward to watching the new screen.

Oh, I just showed my wife how big the TV would be - she was a bit surprised. lol ! "But honey, bigger is better!??"

I just got to find a nice TV unit for it now.. to stand on.. but one I can later mount on the wall above it..
post #232 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

all the pricing on the LG's seems strange i wonder how they determine it:
at futureshop this is how much they are:
47lm7600 1399.00
47lm8600 1799.00
47lm9600 1499.00
55lm7600 1799.00
55lm8600 1999.00
55lm9600 1799.00
60lm7200 1699.00

if i was getting a 47" model it would seem logical to pay the extra 100 and get the 9600 right or are they discontinued for a reason?

Well..I think with the Boxing day sale the pricing is all over the place...I saw a Samsung 60 inch discounted at NCIX which listed both the 7100 and 7500 at the same price...so it would make sense to get the 7500 instead of 7100. That's probably what I'll do if the LG disappoints..but I am sure once it's set up and nothing to compare side to side..it would be hard to tell the difference!
post #233 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

if i was getting a 47" model it would seem logical to pay the extra 100 and get the 9600 right or are they discontinued for a reason?

well, all the 2012s will be replaced soon.. the 2013s will be shown next week at CES in Vegas. Most likely a lot more Google TV integration across the line..
post #234 of 731
i just found out that to make it even harder to choose.... futureshop is also offering a $450.00 home theatre package for free with either the 47lm7600 or the 55lm7600...the package is a lg 5.1 sound system and a lg 3d blu ray player and few 3d movies thrown in.

and also in the store they are offering the 47lm9600 for 1399.00 unlike online where its listed for 1499.00.....but no theatre package........these guys know how to make my head spin i tell ya.
cool.gif
post #235 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxp View Post

BTW - here is the US product page. Direct link: http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-60LM7200-led-tv
Does anyone have a link to the Product Manual??

IIRC according to the Q&A on LG's page the LM7200 shares the LM7600 manual as they are identical in almost all the options available to the user.
post #236 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

i just found out that to make it even harder to choose.... futureshop is also offering a $450.00 home theatre package for free with either the 47lm7600 or the 55lm7600...the package is a lg 5.1 sound system and a lg 3d blu ray player and few 3d movies thrown in.

and also in the store they are offering the 47lm9600 for 1399.00 unlike online where its listed for 1499.00.....but no theatre package........these guys know how to make my head spin i tell ya.
cool.gif

yeah, the package is fine if you don't have any equipment..or need a basic setup. I decided to built my own spec system, retiring my old non-HDMI Yamaha all in one Receiver/Speakers and getting a Marantz receiver and Polk Audio speakers. You may find they wlll allow you to trade out one of the items in package to something else.
post #237 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSide View Post

IIRC according to the Q&A on LG's page the LM7200 shares the LM7600 manual as they are identical in almost all the options available to the user.

ah! thanks!

got the manual.. gee, nothing in there about smart apps or tv configuration.. ???
Edited by psxp - 12/27/12 at 4:29pm
post #238 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxp View Post

yeah, the package is fine if you don't have any equipment..or need a basic setup. I decided to built my own spec system, retiring my old non-HDMI Yamaha all in one Receiver/Speakers and getting a Marantz receiver and Polk Audio speakers. You may find they wlll allow you to trade out one of the items in package to something else.

yeah its appealing cause i dont have any sound equipment or 3d blu ray etc so thats something im gonna have to get to go with my 3dtv purchase.
post #239 of 731
Anyone know if the LG browser can update Flash? I am trying to display websites that require a higher version of flash
post #240 of 731
New firmware out today.. anybody see any changes?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG XXLM7200 Thread