or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › MS giving away XBOX's...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MS giving away XBOX's... - Page 2

post #31 of 69
Yeah I got the code now too on xbox in my messages
post #32 of 69
I got the avatar helmet via a live message but no email. My actual join date was 11/17/02. Don't remember why I waited 2 days at the time, would be funny if it made me ineligible now.
post #33 of 69
I just received the exclusive Helmet email a couple minutes ago.

I also received a message on XBL from member "LIVE" earlier today.
but it wouldn't show me what it was through the browser (I'm at work), probably just another message about the helmet.
post #34 of 69
Got the helmet too

IMG_2332.jpg
post #35 of 69
man, props to all of you. I didn't know you guys had Xbox Live for so long... *thumbs up*
post #36 of 69
The helmet is okay I guess, there are worse avatar rewards.
post #37 of 69
I laughed after reading the email as it has stats about your Live account.

"Morkaleb,
in the past year, you've
accumulated 1 hours of
multiplayer time."

My how times changed I bet that stat was quite a bit different in the previous 9 years.
post #38 of 69
Got the goofy 10 year helmet, but I have to be honest and say 'whoop de doo'.

A free LIVE arcade game or something would have been much cooler IMHO, but oh well. wink.gif

Jason
post #39 of 69
can anyone show what the helmet looks like?
post #40 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Got the goofy 10 year helmet, but I have to be honest and say 'whoop de doo'.
A free LIVE arcade game or something would have been much cooler IMHO, but oh well. wink.gif
Jason
They're giving out Wreckateer for free too as part of this, but it's a Kinect game :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

can anyone show what the helmet looks like?
https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=sirjonsnow
Edited by sirjonsnow - 11/16/12 at 5:16am
post #41 of 69
Got the helmet too. I feel less special when I'm browsing this thread. frown.gif

Technically, I joined on 11/14/02 so the helmet was a day late for me. smile.gif
post #42 of 69
I remember one month they screwed me up because they didn't debit my correct payment card and I went a whole month without LIVE. I was so pissed and they hooked me up for a full year and ever since then, I only pay $29.99 for LIVE. Hope that doesn't screw me from receiving my collectors Xbox 360...

BTW, I found that beta LIVE kit. The original headset is falling apart! LOL tongue.gif
post #43 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by binici View Post

I remember one month they screwed me up because they didn't debit my correct payment card and I went a whole month without LIVE. I was so pissed and they hooked me up for a full year and ever since then, I only pay $29.99 for LIVE. Hope that doesn't screw me from receiving my collectors Xbox 360...
BTW, I found that beta LIVE kit. The original headset is falling apart! LOL tongue.gif
There are people from the beta who have had Live continuously since the beginning that are not getting the consoles. One rumor site said that there are only five being given out to 10 year members.
post #44 of 69
that's not a rumor, there's only 5 consoles being given away.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/anniversary/rules

FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES: A custom Xbox 360 console; and a 12-Month Xbox LIVE subscription. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $439.99. The actual value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.

TWENTY (20) FIRST PRIZES: 4,000 Microsoft Points. ARV: $50.

FIFTEEN (15) SECOND PRIZES: A 3-Month Zune Music Pass. ARV: $29.99.

TWENTY (20) THIRD PRIZES: A 3-Month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription. ARV: $24.99.

TWENTY (20) FOURTH PRIZES: An Xbox LIVE Arcade game. ARV: $10.

TWENTY (20) FIFTH PRIZES: A 1-Month Hulu Plus subscription. ARV: $7.99.
post #45 of 69
I looked last night and I've got a big 7 next to my gamertag, so I've been a member for 7 years (I do remember the original Xbox Live. Holy moly how things have change!). But my point is that the helmet isn't just for 10-year people. But don't feel bummed if you haven't gotten it! Imagine the 20 year anniversary! You'll probably get a free copy of Halo 8 or something.
post #46 of 69
everyone there are consoles going out to "select" tenure people(officially said by Major Nelson), plus the sweepstakes to win one...

The consoles are already on reddit and imgur.

M$ never clarified what determines who gets it. Thats why the fire all over twitter with tenure people going wtf?
post #47 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevername View Post

that's not a rumor, there's only 5 consoles being given away.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/anniversary/rules
FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES: A custom Xbox 360 console; and a 12-Month Xbox LIVE subscription. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $439.99. The actual value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.
TWENTY (20) FIRST PRIZES: 4,000 Microsoft Points. ARV: $50.
FIFTEEN (15) SECOND PRIZES: A 3-Month Zune Music Pass. ARV: $29.99.
TWENTY (20) THIRD PRIZES: A 3-Month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription. ARV: $24.99.
TWENTY (20) FOURTH PRIZES: An Xbox LIVE Arcade game. ARV: $10.
TWENTY (20) FIFTH PRIZES: A 1-Month Hulu Plus subscription. ARV: $7.99.

this is a contest for ANYONE to win one of those consoles. so it's 5 consoles available to be won for anyone.

we don't know how many are being mailed to people who have 10 year memberships...
post #48 of 69
Wow that helmet was so important they sent it to me twice.
post #49 of 69
i'd like a spare helmet! tongue.gif

don't it would be posing since I've not nearly been a member that long.
post #50 of 69
I love how people are not reading...
They don't understand the different between contest and being a VIP for 10 years with a possible shot of owning one of them...
Quick, bust out the "Jump to conclusions mat"!
post #51 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

They're giving out Wreckateer for free too as part of this, but it's a Kinect game :\

Ah, clever of them but that is not going to inspire me to buy Kinect and I doubt many will just because they are gifted that game (dubious marketing attempt).

Jason
post #52 of 69
kinect install base is pretty big anyways.
post #53 of 69
How can you find your original join date? The years by my gamertag are right, but in account details it shows earlier this year (when I last redeemed a subscription card).
post #54 of 69
I would like that extra code for the helmet if you dont mind? or still have it?
post #55 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

How can you find your original join date? The years by my gamertag are right, but in account details it shows earlier this year (when I last redeemed a subscription card).


go to your account on xbox.com and go to billing history. then it will redirect you to a blue ms site. and go to subscriptions and above current sub click view history
post #56 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by reecewg2005 View Post

I would like that extra code for the helmet if you dont mind? or still have it?

most likely same code sent multiple times. I got same one 3 times
post #57 of 69
Yes, seems like the code was sent out twice, so probably an error?

Anyhow, here are the glorious images of the beta kit, enjoy! wink.gif





post #58 of 69
I saw one of my friends wearing the avatar helmet but he only has a 6 next to his name. so what's the deal?
post #59 of 69
Where are you guys seeing these numbers next to names? I haven't seen any numbers.

I still have those beta discs somewhere. I sold my original xbox a while ago, I regret that. It's the only game system I've ever let go. I still have all my old systems back to atari 5200, which was my first. I will probably never play it again, but I am a hoarder when it comes to video games.


I just found in the friend list if you look into any friend or yourself, flip to the next page and it shows your tenure.
Edited by Yrd - 11/17/12 at 7:14pm
post #60 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

Where are you guys seeing these numbers next to names? I haven't seen any numbers.
I still have those beta discs somewhere. I sold my original xbox a while ago, I regret that. It's the only game system I've ever let go. I still have all my old systems back to atari 5200, which was my first. I will probably never play it again, but I am a hoarder when it comes to video games.
I just found in the friend list if you look into any friend or yourself, flip to the next page and it shows your tenure.

numbers are on player cards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › MS giving away XBOX's...