Originally Posted by dukedallas2005
Donation sent :-) below is my personal wish list, with my programming background I know some of these are pretty easy to incorporate and some not so much but at least it gives you a nice little laundry list of things/ideas to mull. Appreciate all your efforts man!Some Cool Enhancement ideas/observations:
1) Screen always Wipes/Transitions from left to right - Maybe Randomize it with different types of transitions...fades/top to bottom wipe, bottom to top etc...
2) As already mentioned - Ability to setup a folder for "MyPhotos" (rememeber most people who store mass amount of photos on their PC's have them organized in subfolders, so the ability to point to all files that are jpg or bmp would be nice once a root drive is given.
3) An ANDRIOD app would ROCK! (removes the hassle of dedicated home HTPC's and boot times, energy usage etc)
4) Assigning a un-used "Function-Key" to close the app. "F2", "F3" etc.... whatever.
5) That movie motion poster is AWESOME damn! I just checked it out. can this be incorporated?
Thanks for the input!
1, This has been on my mind for a while. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.
2, I should have this implemented by the end of today supporting multiple root folders as well as subfolders.
3, I know this would be nice for a lot of reasons. but honestly, it probably wont happen anytime soon. I keep getting ideas for new things to add to the current version and I really have no personal motivation to run it on android since i have a windows htpc set up already.
4, yeah, that should be easy enough.
5, Motion Posters in .swf format are already supported. just save the .swf file in the movie's folder in the cache directory. and turn on the option the enable motion posters in the MoviePoster settings. I have support for animated gifs working in my dev build also. I have support built in for video files to display in the 'poster area' too. The idea was to allow the use of a custom theater intro video or something, but if there are motion posters in a video file format it would be pretty easy to get those to display too.