or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Theater Room Items & Accessories › MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 18

post #511 of 750
It was not by design or choice... probally more over sight...

When I was framing the wall ( it was a completely unfinished basement) I left a whole for the TV exact measurements so it would fit snug after dry wall and taping .. and at that time I was under the impression trim will cover the black plastic casing no problem ... however what i did not relize is how much the TV ark'ed (bowed) in the middle as part of the case design - so thus t was not a perfect rectangle as I had originally framed it and thus if i brought the trim closer to the actual display panel then the black plastic case was visible on the outside of the trim - the inital thought was to have the plastic case fully covered, and this had no reason to remove it ... - it just did not work out that way .. however do keep in mind the back of the tv did meet my grinder and many chuncks are missing from the plastic case to make it fit because of the plug which is behind teh tv and a few other things that just came along during the install ...
post #512 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

Looking at it now. I am able to replicate the problem, so that's progress. I'll let you know when i have found whats causing the problem. Its nothing overly obvious.

meyer: Don't know if this makes a difference. I have the same set up on Windows 7 and Windows 8. So far all plays well on Windows 7 with intervals at 10/15. However on Windows 8 even with intervals at 10/30 no luck. Under custom lists regularly at poster Fast Five the trailer for that poster plays and then the following two trailers play on the Fast Five poster with no posters showing for those trailers.

Edit: It appears that it is not a specific poster as I deleted Fast Five and the same issue was repeated on the next poster. Could it be connected with the set up of the custom lists? Maybe if you could outline the process for me to follow, I could check that.
Edited by loma - 9/20/13 at 2:20pm
post #513 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

You could make/modify saved data in the cache to do this. Just make up a new folder in the cache/movies directory for your custom poster and an appropriate .nfo file for it. name the folder something like 'tt000000-Custom' then use an existing cached poster folder/nfo as a guide to the layout. the .nfo files are just xml and can be edited with a text editor like notepad. if you put a video file in your 'tt000000-Custom' folder ending in -trailer (ex: tt000000-Custom-trailer.mp4) that file will play as a trailer when your custom poster is shown. Hope that helps.

I got this to work somewhat but my problem is that the trailer plays for ALL my posters. Even the user posters i have saved in an entirely different folder to display in intervals of 1. I only need it to play for the poster i assigned not all my other posters.
This is my set up below:
I made a "tt000000-custom" folder within C:\MoviePoster - Version 1.0.1.6\Cache
My nfo is named tt000000.nfo
My movie file is called tt000000-movie-trailer.mp4
And the poster is called poster.jpg
and the nfo file reads:



Any idea why the trailer plays for ALL my posters instead of the single poster.jpg?
Thanks
post #514 of 750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkseo View Post

I got this to work somewhat but my problem is that the trailer plays for ALL my posters. Even the user posters i have saved in an entirely different folder to display in intervals of 1. I only need it to play for the poster i assigned not all my other posters.
This is my set up below:
I made a "tt000000-custom" folder within C:\MoviePoster - Version 1.0.1.6\Cache
My nfo is named tt000000.nfo
My movie file is called tt000000-movie-trailer.mp4
And the poster is called poster.jpg
and the nfo file reads:



Any idea why the trailer plays for ALL my posters instead of the single poster.jpg?
Thanks

Youre saying the same trailer plays for each and every poster you have? That's very odd. I'd really like to see a log file for the time frame this happens in.
post #515 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

Youre saying the same trailer plays for each and every poster you have? That's very odd. I'd really like to see a log file for the time frame this happens in.

it plays for the poster in my favorates which is just 1 AND all the posters in my user posters which is on a completely different location (my desktop).

How do i get a log for ya? i'll be happy to post it
post #516 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

Youre saying the same trailer plays for each and every poster you have? That's very odd. I'd really like to see a log file for the time frame this happens in.
There a way to get tv show

Maybe im missing a step or doing something wrong.
Can you possibly show a step by step example of assigning your own movie to a custom poster?
post #517 of 750
Love this idea. Wish it could run on the Pi though. Trying to look for something that is a combination of a movie poster and media browser (view your library, see the description, play it, and then display the movies poster)
post #518 of 750
Can someone post a video of how their movie poster works? This is too cool...
post #519 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2150 View Post

Can someone post a video of how their movie poster works? This is too cool...


from Iphone sorry

http://vimeo.com/76607491
post #520 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post

from Iphone sorry

http://vimeo.com/76607491
Very cool!
post #521 of 750
Anyway to include tv shows also? Breaking Bad, Walking dead etc?
post #522 of 750
I'm thinking about building a similar application for either the raspberry pi or the google chromecast.

I'll build a new thread when I have a few more details.
post #523 of 750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkseo View Post

Anyway to include tv shows also? Breaking Bad, Walking dead etc?

I apologize for not responding sooner. Things have been pretty crazy at work. MoviePoster will show posters for tv shows for the 'Now Playing' posters as long as the artwork in in your XBMC library. As of Version 1.0.1.6 there isnt any support for caching TV show posters or downloading from an online source, unless it happens to be on themoviedb.org. However, I do have plans to add support for tv shows in the future. In the meantime, if you want to manually save posters and metadata, thats very possible to do, although not necessarily all that straight forward if your not computer savvy. In the MoviePoster folder there is a Cache folder, within that a Movies folder. There you will find folders containing the data for all the posters that have been downloaded. Use one of these as a template to create a poster file for anything you want. the .nfo files can be edited with a text editor like notepad, they are xml formatted. be sure to change the imdbid to so the program can distinguish your poster (ex: tt0903747-Breaking Bad)
I am aware of a bug in the current release causing trailer autoplay and some metadata displaying incorrectly for user created posters like this. If you run into problems, they will likely be resolved in the next release.
post #524 of 750
I remember a few years ago when I first came across the idea of using a flat screen TV as a virtual movie poster display so that you can change the movie poster displayed dynamically, whenever you want, mostly to display what is the next movie you are going to plan on watching!!!!! It doesn't get any closer to the real movie theater experience than that. At the time it was a mystery and there were only one or two postings (yes, you read that right, NOT threads, just simply nothing more than two POSTINGS about how to do it).....than just last week I was googling Flat Screen TV as a Movie Poster to see if anything else comes up and then POW!!!!!!! Out of nowhere is Meyer64 with his custom software build to make it easier to change the movie poster images AND it downloads the Movie Posters and changes them automatically......I said to myself that this cannot be real......it's too magical to my eyes, but low and behold he did it and I can't tell you how ecstatic I am over this. I can't tell you how inspired I am now to work harder on making my potential home theater dream a reality. I don't even own a home yet. I now have a new motivation to just build my theater (and now I absolutely must have a lobby because of The Movie Poster App), and just simply for the reason of building it AROUND my multiple flat screen TV's with The Movie Poster App of course running the whole game....I can't sleep I'm so excited over this. Thank you meyer64 from all of us for taking the time and effort to respond to our posts, questions, troubleshooting, problems, requests, crazy opinions, eek.gif, somewhat ignorance of technical knowledge leading us to pester you with questions that probably seem like even a five year old would know how to fix the problems we are having tongue.gif. I will definitely be building my Virtual Poster Display and donating at that time as well.. wink.gif
post #525 of 750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuanwater View Post

I remember a few years ago when I first came across the idea of using a flat screen TV as a virtual movie poster display so that you can change the movie poster displayed dynamically, whenever you want, mostly to display what is the next movie you are going to plan on watching!!!!! It doesn't get any closer to the real movie theater experience than that. At the time it was a mystery and there were only one or two postings (yes, you read that right, NOT threads, just simply nothing more than two POSTINGS about how to do it).....than just last week I was googling Flat Screen TV as a Movie Poster to see if anything else comes up and then POW!!!!!!! Out of nowhere is Meyer64 with his custom software build to make it easier to change the movie poster images AND it downloads the Movie Posters and changes them automatically......I said to myself that this cannot be real......it's too magical to my eyes, but low and behold he did it and I can't tell you how ecstatic I am over this. I can't tell you how inspired I am now to work harder on making my potential home theater dream a reality. I don't even own a home yet. I now have a new motivation to just build my theater (and now I absolutely must have a lobby because of The Movie Poster App), and just simply for the reason of building it AROUND my multiple flat screen TV's with The Movie Poster App of course running the whole game....I can't sleep I'm so excited over this. Thank you meyer64 from all of us for taking the time and effort to respond to our posts, questions, troubleshooting, problems, requests, crazy opinions, eek.gif, somewhat ignorance of technical knowledge leading us to pester you with questions that probably seem like even a five year old would know how to fix the problems we are having tongue.gif. I will definitely be building my Virtual Poster Display and donating at that time as well.. wink.gif

I glad that your happy with it! Its really a fantastic feeling to know that so many people are using an application that I created. I love hearing about all the progress everyone has made with their projects. Seeing pictures of my software running on custom installations is great, so be sure to post pics!

That said I know there hasn't been a new release in a while, but I had a couple days to work on some ideas that I had that will probably all be rolled into the next version (just to make you all more anxious):

1.0.1.7 will have support for:
-Showtimes - special banner views displaying showtimes for movies you'll be playing soon. - currently, up to 3 showtimes can be shown at a time with banners and logo images.
-option to dim the display when 'now playing' posters are shown. - this can be nice for users with the poster screen in their theater room.
-configurable auto purging of old posters.
-special media flag images for 3D movies.
-Game Posters (search and download is done), .....and I got this crazy idea in my head to hook into xbox live or Freestyle dash for you JTAG/RGH users to show the poster for the game your playing, gamerscore, etc,. and guess what! Its actually possible to do. i have functioning proof of concept code running now. I just need to tidy it up and integrate it with the rest of the application. I'm not sure if PSN lets you see what people are playing by user id, I don't have a PS3, but plan on getting a PS4 so I'll look into it. smile.gif

In progress features:
Support for TV show posters - should be done for the next release, but haven't done much on it yet.
Live feeds of sports scores with team posters. - still in very early stages, starting with NFL, but NBA and MLB should be an easy extension if it works.
post #526 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

I glad that your happy with it! Its really a fantastic feeling to know that so many people are using an application that I created. I love hearing about all the progress everyone has made with their projects. Seeing pictures of my software running on custom installations is great, so be sure to post pics!

That said I know there hasn't been a new release in a while, but I had a couple days to work on some ideas that I had that will probably all be rolled into the next version (just to make you all more anxious):

1.0.1.7 will have support for:
-Showtimes - special banner views displaying showtimes for movies you'll be playing soon. - currently, up to 3 showtimes can be shown at a time with banners and logo images.
-option to dim the display when 'now playing' posters are shown. - this can be nice for users with the poster screen in their theater room.
-configurable auto purging of old posters.
-special media flag images for 3D movies.
-Game Posters (search and download is done), .....and I got this crazy idea in my head to hook into xbox live or Freestyle dash for you JTAG/RGH users to show the poster for the game your playing, gamerscore, etc,. and guess what! Its actually possible to do. i have functioning proof of concept code running now. I just need to tidy it up and integrate it with the rest of the application. I'm not sure if PSN lets you see what people are playing by user id, I don't have a PS3, but plan on getting a PS4 so I'll look into it. smile.gif

In progress features:
Support for TV show posters - should be done for the next release, but haven't done much on it yet.
Live feeds of sports scores with team posters. - still in very early stages, starting with NFL, but NBA and MLB should be an easy extension if it works.

That will be awesome! Game posters for xbox live is a great idea. Could also show posters for recently played games (if that information is available, don't know what all you can see from the internet) I also can't wait for live feeds of sports scores. NFL and NCAA football would be the most used for me at this time, but NCAA basketball and NBA would also be cool this winter and spring. Does ESPN or another sports website have information that you can access? I have considered running an android emulator full screen on game days with the ESPN scorecenter app displaying the scores of all of the games going on, but this would be even better if it can change over without touching the computer mouse!!
post #527 of 750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post

That will be awesome! Game posters for xbox live is a great idea. Could also show posters for recently played games (if that information is available, don't know what all you can see from the internet) I also can't wait for live feeds of sports scores. NFL and NCAA football would be the most used for me at this time, but NCAA basketball and NBA would also be cool this winter and spring. Does ESPN or another sports website have information that you can access? I have considered running an android emulator full screen on game days with the ESPN scorecenter app displaying the scores of all of the games going on, but this would be even better if it can change over without touching the computer mouse!!
Yes, I'm playing with pulling info from ESPN. There does seem to be a delay in the data feed though, so its not quite real time.
post #528 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

1.0.1.7 will have support for:
-Showtimes - special banner views displaying showtimes for movies you'll be playing soon. - currently, up to 3 showtimes can be shown at a time with banners and logo images.

Wondering if the "Showtimes" will work with the "Cinema Experience" add on when you cue multiple movies?
post #529 of 750
I've had a recent issue with the the program not returning to regular poster rotation from the "Now Playing" poster once the movie is complete. It will hang on the Now Playing poster until I restart the program. This also happens when I watch a TV show, the program hangs on which ever post happens to be on the screen when I launch the show.
post #530 of 750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post

Wondering if the "Showtimes" will work with the "Cinema Experience" add on when you cue multiple movies?

I hadn't thought of that. But its an interesting Idea. The way it works now is that you can add movies to the showtime list and add whatever text you want to be overlayed on the Images via the web remote., ex: "9:30 pm" / "Tonight" / "Tomorrow" / "This weekend" / whatever you want.
post #531 of 750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeveredDime View Post

I've had a recent issue with the the program not returning to regular poster rotation from the "Now Playing" poster once the movie is complete. It will hang on the Now Playing poster until I restart the program. This also happens when I watch a TV show, the program hangs on which ever post happens to be on the screen when I launch the show.

I believe it only happens if you let the movie play to the end without stopping it. If you stop the movie prior to the end of the file it should avoid the issue. This will be fixed in the next release.
post #532 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

I believe it only happens if you let the movie play to the end without stopping it. If you stop the movie prior to the end of the file it should avoid the issue. This will be fixed in the next release.

I did some testing tonight it seems to hang no matter where I stop the movie.

I'll wait for the next update. Thanks for all your hard work.
post #533 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

[quote name="donjuanwater" url="/t/1439406/movieposter-virtual-movie-poster-display-software/510#post_23835794"]I remember a few years ago when I first came across the idea of using a flat screen TV as a virtual movie poster display so that you can change the movie poster displayed dynamically, whenever you want, mostly to display what is the next movie you are going to plan on watching!!!!! It doesn't get any closer to the real movie theater experience than that. At the time it was a mystery and there were only one or two postings (yes, you read that right, NOT threads, just simply nothing more than two POSTINGS about how to do it).....than just last week I was googling Flat Screen TV as a Movie Poster to see if anything else comes up and then POW!!!!!!! Out of nowhere is Meyer64 with his custom software build to make it easier to change the movie poster images AND it downloads the Movie Posters and changes them automatically......I said to myself that this cannot be real......it's too magical to my eyes, but low and behold he did it and I can't tell you how ecstatic I am over this. I can't tell you how inspired I am now to work harder on making my potential home theater dream a reality. I don't even own a home yet. I now have a new motivation to just build my theater (and now I absolutely must have a lobby because of The Movie Poster App), and just simply for the reason of building it AROUND my multiple flat screen TV's with The Movie Poster App of course running the whole game....I can't sleep I'm so excited over this. Thank you meyer64 from all of us for taking the time and effort to respond to our posts, questions, troubleshooting, problems, requests, crazy opinions, :eek:, somewhat ignorance of technical knowledge leading us to pester you with questions that probably seem like even a five year old would know how to fix the problems we are having :p. I will definitely be building my Virtual Poster Display and donating at that time as well.. wink.gif[/quote]I glad that your happy with it! Its really a fantastic feeling to know that so many people are using an application that I created. I love hearing about all the progress everyone has made with their projects. Seeing pictures of my software running on custom installations is great, so be sure to post pics!That said I know there hasn't been a new release in a while, but I had a couple days to work on some ideas that I had that will probably all be rolled into the next version (just to make you all more anxious):1.0.1.7 will have support for:-Showtimes - special banner views displaying showtimes for movies you'll be playing soon. - currently, up to 3 showtimes can be shown at a time with banners and logo images. -option to dim the display when 'now playing' posters are shown. - this can be nice for users with the poster screen in their theater room. -configurable auto purging of old posters. -special media flag images for 3D movies. -Game Posters (search and download is done), .....and I got this crazy idea in my head to hook into xbox live or Freestyle dash for you JTAG/RGH users to show the poster for the game your playing, gamerscore, etc,. and guess what! Its actually possible to do. i have functioning proof of concept code running now. I just need to tidy it up and integrate it with the rest of the application. I'm not sure if PSN lets you see what people are playing by user id, I don't have a PS3, but plan on getting a PS4 so I'll look into it. :)In progress features:Support for TV show posters - should be done for the next release, but haven't done much on it yet. Live feeds of sports scores with team posters. - still in very early stages, starting with NFL, but NBA and MLB should be an easy extension if it works.

Why limit Xbox to jtag mods... You should use Microsoft's online API.. Which can access through username what is being played.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
post #534 of 750
To clarify ms doesn't have a direct API but their are many project available such as
http://davidwalsh.name/xbox-api
https://xboxapi.com

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
post #535 of 750
Thread Starter 
Yes. Im sorry if it wasnt clear. I absolutely plan to support both jtag by leveraging the freestyle dash 3 webui plugin (since they probably don't connect to live) as well as through Xbox live by gamer tag for non modified boxes. I have been using xboxapi.com for my testing.
post #536 of 750
Wow Meyer, I just stumbled on this a few days ago and I am blown away! Fantastic work, I downloaded and donated as soon as I saw it!

I really love your concept for the showtime listing that you previewed not long ago, brilliant, can't wait!
LL

Now, I'm good with hardware but I am definitely not a programmer and I am trying to figure out how to bend things to my own setup... I generally run movies and seasons off of a Blu-ray player but I really like the things that you skim from XBMC like the studio, sound format, aspect ratio, etc
(BTW, is that bar under the start time a progress bar that moves across the frame? Epic!)
LL

I'm wondering, is there a way to build those into the poster being displayed without it being skimmed from XBMC? I can see how to customize some of the things, in the themes directory I see how you can set your own font and font colour (although I haven't figured out what 'start label' and 'end label' are for yet) and in the poster NFO file I see that there are labels for the mpaa rating, taglines, etc but I don't see where I would input some of the other tags or how it should be formated...

I also have some feature suggestions that you may (or may not lol) ponder over... I'm not a programmer so I have no idea how difficult they would be or if even possible without a major rewrite but here is kind of what I am imagining...

I would love it if I could have it default with coming soon posters but then have it scheduled so that at a certain time it would switch to show the showtime poster that you previewed and then at another later scheduled time it would display the now playing poster so basically I could schedule events for the upcoming evening.

Or maybe the showtime poster could change to display the top poster as now playing while displaying the upcoming showtimes below.

I would also think there would be quite a bit of value in setting up an FAQ section on your website. I read through this whole forum thread and there is a lot of good information in here but it's quite a slog reading through the 18 pages of comments (and growing). I also think it would probably save you some time in the long run since I saw some similar issues come up a couple of times with basically the same solutions. Also add in some tutorials that explains how the software works. It makes sense after you play with it for a while but not everything is intuitive. Another tutorial could be something like 'how to build your own welcome screen' or 'how to create custom banners' etc.

And finally, maybe a themes section where people can upload custom themes that they created. Let the community do some of the lifting for you and you may be surprised at the creative things they come up with.
Edited by docevil - 10/18/13 at 7:30am
post #537 of 750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by docevil View Post

Wow Meyer, I just stumbled on this a few days ago and I am blown away! Fantastic work, I downloaded and donated as soon as I saw it!

I really love your concept for the showtime listing that you previewed not long ago, brilliant, can't wait!
LL

Thanks! I like it too. that's an actual screenshot of the feature working. I still need to build in some fall backs so that there is something displayed when the backdrop artwork isnt available, but showtimes is pretty much a complete feature in my dev build.
Quote:

Now, I'm good with hardware but I am definitely not a programmer and I am trying to figure out how to bend things to my own setup... I generally run movies and seasons off of a Blu-ray player but I really like the things that you skim from XBMC like the studio, sound format, aspect ratio, etc
(BTW, is that bar under the start time a progress bar that moves across the frame? Epic!)
LL

Yes, it is a progress bar for the movie playback.
Quote:
I'm wondering, is there a way to build those into the poster being displayed without it being skimmed from XBMC? I can see how to customize some of the things, in the themes directory I see how you can set your own font and font colour (although I haven't figured out what 'start label' and 'end label' are for yet) and in the poster NFO file I see that there are labels for the mpaa rating, taglines, etc but I don't see where I would input some of the other tags or how it should be formated...

XBMC and other media players like MediaBrowser provide interfaces for gathering information about the media being played. Bluray players, not so much. It wouldnt be much trouble to allow those tags to be defined in the .nfo. but for my purposes, I just wanted the live media info from xbmc. I'll add resolution and audio formats sometime when I'm bored for a few min smile.gif
I actually had a thought the other day, to allow for 'default media flags' so that when a poster for a 'coming soon' movie is shown, you can for example still have the 'DTS-HD' and '1080p' flags applied by default to any movie that doesn't have those defined. This could carry over into 'now playing' movies too if desired.
Quote:

I also have some feature suggestions that you may (or may not lol) ponder over... I'm not a programmer so I have no idea how difficult they would be or if even possible without a major rewrite but here is kind of what I am imagining...

I would love it if I could have it default with coming soon posters but then have it scheduled so that at a certain time it would switch to show the showtime poster that you previewed and then at another later scheduled time it would display the now playing poster so basically I could schedule events for the upcoming evening.

Or maybe the showtime poster could change to display the top poster as now playing while displaying the upcoming showtimes below.
A scheduler is something I've had in the back of my mind for a while. Actually it was part of the reason I decided to add EventGhost integration. My thought was that even though a scheduler isn't built in, if you want to get fancy, you can use EventGhost to trigger any poster or function to show at any desired time. I would still like to add native scheduling functionality, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I keep getting so many other idea to tinker with smile.gif
Quote:

I would also think there would be quite a bit of value in setting up an FAQ section on your website. I read through this whole forum thread and there is a lot of good information in here but it's quite a slog reading through the 18 pages of comments (and growing). I also think it would probably save you some time in the long run since I saw some similar issues come up a couple of times with basically the same solutions. Also add in some tutorials that explains how the software works. It makes sense after you play with it for a while but not everything is intuitive. Another tutorial could be something like 'how to build your own welcome screen' or 'how to create custom banners' etc.

And finally, maybe a themes section where people can upload custom themes that they created. Let the community do some of the lifting for you and you may be surprised at the creative things they come up with.

I wholeheartedly agree. Its been on my to do list for quite some time.

I have held off on supplying too much official info about the themes since its still evolving. Theme support wasn't anything I planned on when I started this project. I would be happy to post any user created themes on the web site. I just can't promise that they will remain compatible without modification down the road.

Thanks for all your comments, suggestions, and support. I do appreciate it!
post #538 of 750
Just donated.

Love it. Only issue I have, is when the trailers are played they seem to be a bit laggy or choppy. Options unclicked for download help only a little. I am going to see if there are drivers for my laptop. I am not sure if the laggyness is caused my the Cinema Experience on my XBMC. It loads a lot of intros and trailers, I am not sure if that causes a hiccup in MoviePoster. Normally, I have noticed the trailers are just a bit choppy. Lowest quality setting of course. If I jump into Cache, the trailers play just fine. No choppyness. Weird.

I figure a lot of people know this, but if you dont; Bestbuy.com has your local stores "clearance and open box" items. So far, I found both a Clearanced 40" 120htz 1080p LED LCD and a 47" 1080p Open box Lcd doing this. $250 Just do store pickup.
post #539 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

I'll add resolution and audio formats sometime when I'm bored for a few min smile.gif

Awesome!



Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

A scheduler is something I've had in the back of my mind for a while. Actually it was part of the reason I decided to add EventGhost integration. My thought was that even though a scheduler isn't built in, if you want to get fancy, you can use EventGhost to trigger any poster or function to show at any desired time. I would still like to add native scheduling functionality, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I keep getting so many other idea to tinker with smile.gif

I haven't had a chance to sit down with EventGhost yet but it does look as though you could use it to trigger just about anything you want. I'm still a little ways off on my build (coming up on drywalling) so I haven't been too bullish on figuring out all the intricacies of the software yet smile.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

Thanks for all your comments, suggestions, and support. I do appreciate it!

Just to be clear, if MoviePoster didn't change at all from the way it is now I would be happy so any other features and refinement are definitely in the 'bonus!' category smile.gif
post #540 of 750
For your upcoming "showtime banner" display... Will it read from XBMC's playlist queue? how will it know what is upcoming?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Theater Room Items & Accessories › MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software.