Originally Posted by wse Did you email Oppo?After reading many reviews
"From there, my focus turned to comparing the sound of this player to the spectacular BDP-95. I didn’t expect much difference given that they both use the same reference DAC, but considering the small differences in design, I wanted to make sure. Two-channel playback was nearly identical, and any difference I did perceive was so slight, I might as well not even report it. The BDP-105 was every bit as detailed and dynamic as the BDP-95, and this was proven time and again with a large assortment of SACDs and CDs."
I am not sure it's worth to upgrade especially plugging down $1290..
The fan on the BD-P95 almost never goes on and I sit 12 feet away so not an issue.
I really wanted to see Audio improvement if at all possible
This is what i wrote to oppo today, i will keep the thread posted. I really like this player and want it to be perfect so that every one in the family can enjoy it, not avoid using it accept me. I want this player to just get int the av system and blend. switched through 3 av receivers in 2 months because i didnt like em and seller of those products have given me the options to return if they dont work to MY satisfaction. Returned tx-nr818 from onkyo and sc-68 from pioneer but ended up loving 4520ci from Denon despite not seeing any big time reviews online, because it just worked after automatic calibrations to a passable grade. The onkyo and pioneer products might be great to some big time reviews and i believe that. av tastes are subjective. Or any tastes for that matter.
I originally ordered bdp-103 and loved it. It had hdcp issues with motorola box few times but operated just fine. No lip synch issue what so ever. Picture quality on 150" screen great and it made my cheap dlp projector look like top dog with picture setting tweaking for cable signal picture cleanup in oppo. Having faith in oppo after seeing bdp-103 i returned it and purchased bdp-105 instead. I am willing to work with the issues. Otherwise i will go back to BDP-103 because my Denon doesnt sound not too for off of oppo with some careful tweaking. All in all i found it great hobby when it is minus 35c out side.
Sorry for any spellings or grammar fumbles. LoL.
Hello, i have few issues with my BDP-105 and need help. I have your latest firmware installed.
1. Player gets sluggish to remote control commands. Hardware and software remote commands, have to recycle the power, but have to leave it off for at-least 10 minutes before it starts working again. Seems like heating up? I have put the player away from the rest of the av equipments and it seems like it does better but i am not sure.
2. Very bad lip synch issue for cable signal. I have tried connecting directly to the projector and through the denon 4520ci. Video files from hard disks not often but it does it once or few times in a movie but is able to self correct. In cable signal i have to skip the channel back and forth to correct it. Also cable lip-synch issue is variable timing. So i cant correct it.
3, when browsing network video or audio files, player browses fine up to 4-5 screen lengths of files just fine but when try to reach over 60-70 files, it rests the browsing process and goes back to the root folders. I am using plex server because thats the only one successfully can be used. I tried other methods of browsing files through oppo to my network unsuccessfully. I am using windows 8 on an i7 machine with 10gb rams. Wndr3700 netgear router and i have tried using oppo wirelessly and wired, same results.. I have grace note option shut off In oppo.
I would also like to know if the following features are on your table for the near future firmware updates?
1. Having the custom option to select input port? When player is powered on/off?
2. Hdmi pass through when player is off? Seems like player does have the ability to pass through when powered.
3. To show media info in the tablet app without using the tv screen?
And at the end, i do wanna congratulate you for creating such a great product. That is the reason that i wanna go trough this to fix up the quirks and i believe that you guys are fully capable of doing this. Any new product on the market is very seldom perfect.
Sound alone is worth keeping this player. Most of the issues are video and network related.
KrisEdited by FlatRocky - 1/26/13 at 8:16am