or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players ›  Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 198

post #5911 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by leperlord View Post

Hi

Am i the only person extremely let down with the trade off to play dsd/dff/dsf via usb and optical drive
for the beautiful feature of 105 to play SACD-R .

I ve read a huge chunk of this thread , and dont see anyone else commenting such .

Having thousands of dollars in , many not replacable , SACDs , im very let down by Oppos latest move
to stifle me from playing my back ups , which i rightfully own original copies of .

Is there a possible work around so I can have the best of both worlds here .

I did nt spend near 1400.00 to have my freedom restricted like this .

I look forward to further discussion on this matter .

Thanks

Direct your rage to the appropriate party, which is not Oppo. They simply have to obey the rules. Complain to your congresspeople, who make the rules. Fair-use has been trampled by the DMCA and other lousy laws.
post #5912 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post

The Lumin is way overpriced, imo, for simply being a network, 2 ch music player..... frown.gif

I agree with that. My hope is that there will be some more "DSD streamers" on the market soon.
post #5913 of 10074

Does anyone know if the volume control work on the external optical/digital inputs of the Oppo and not on the digital/optical outputs?

post #5914 of 10074
The volume control works for any source but only when you are using analog output. It is an output volume control, not an input one.
post #5915 of 10074
Quick easy question for someone....are both the balanced and rca stereo outputs active at the same time? I use the balanced stereo outputs, along with the other multichannel outputs through to my pre/pro and to amp for multichannel sources. I would also like to hook up my powered A2 Audioengine speakers to the rca stereo outputs so the others in my household who cannot or don't want to power on the full system can just turn on the A2s and watch a Bluray that way. Is that possible?
post #5916 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

Quick easy question for someone....are both the balanced and rca stereo outputs active at the same time? I use the balanced stereo outputs, along with the other multichannel outputs through to my pre/pro and to amp for multichannel sources. I would also like to hook up my powered A2 Audioengine speakers to the rca stereo outputs so the others in my household who cannot or don't want to power on the full system can just turn on the A2s and watch a Bluray that way. Is that possible?
Yes, all outputs are active on the Oppo. The only one output, I believe, you can partially turn off, is hdmi audio.
post #5917 of 10074
Hello. I'm having a problem when playing CD's. I first noticed the when play a new SACD. While playing i switched over from the BR(HDMI) input to CD(RCA cable) on my AVR. I heard what sounded like several loud clicking/skipping noises and noticed the "PCM" light flashing on my display. This happened for about 20 seconds until it caught. Now the same thing happened while playing a standard CD(minus the flashing PCM light). Any thoughts? Thanks.

Edit: I also noticed i cant erase the memory from the last track i played. I hit the stop button and opened and closed the tray and it still resumes from the last play track. thanks.
Edited by gelly - 6/11/13 at 3:09pm
post #5918 of 10074
post #5919 of 10074
Hello everyone,

I am curious about the DAC performance of the OPPO 105 compared with other DACs like Benchmark 2 or Wyred4Sound DAC2 SE, has anyone compared?

Mike
post #5920 of 10074

Slick and sexy!

post #5921 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelly View Post

Hello. I'm having a problem when playing CD's. I first noticed the when play a new SACD. While playing i switched over from the BR(HDMI) input to CD(RCA cable) on my AVR. I heard what sounded like several loud clicking/skipping noises and noticed the "PCM" light flashing on my display. This happened for about 20 seconds until it caught. Now the same thing happened while playing a standard CD(minus the flashing PCM light). Any thoughts? Thanks.

Edit: I also noticed i cant erase the memory from the last track i played. I hit the stop button and opened and closed the tray and it still resumes from the last play track. thanks.

Hello can anyone help on this?
post #5922 of 10074
Gelly,
With regards to the memory issue, I found two references in the manual:
Ref I - page 41
1.
The player automatically saves the current position when playback
is interrupted. Operations such as STOP, OPEN, and POWER
cause the player to save the current playing position.
2. This position is saved even after turning off the unit or changing
the disc.
3. The next time a disc with a saved playing position is inserted, the
player will resume playback from that point. If you wish to cancel
the automatic resume and start playback from the beginning, you
must press the STOP button when prompted.
4. The player can save the playback position for up to 5 discs. When
the position from the sixth disc is saved, the oldest saved position
is replaced.

Ref II - Page 53
In the Setup Menu, select 'Playback Setup" submenu.

Find 'Auto Resume'

The manual says:
Auto Resume: Select whether disc playback will start from the previously saved point or not.
This setting applies to CDs, SACDs, DVDs and certain Blu-ray Discs.
􀁸 On – Playback automatically starts from the previously saved point.
􀁸 Off – Playback starts from the beginning.
post #5923 of 10074
Thanks Pvanosta. So if i have auto resume on, The only way i can start a disc from the beginning is to manually go back to track one or listen to the disc to the end?
post #5924 of 10074
I believe (and I am not near my player so I can't play with it to confirm) that pressing the stop button more than once before opening the tray achieves the same goal (at least that is what the manual appears to imply). When I have a chance to mess with it, I will experiment.
post #5925 of 10074
^^^
Correct, (as the on-screen message explains), pressing stop a second time erases the resume point.
post #5926 of 10074
Hi all, I am the fresh owner of a spanking new Oppo BDP-105EU, and I'm really happy with the picture and sound quality. However, I'm having a bit of an issue with the coaxial digital input. I've looped in my Genesis Digital Lens just to see if this jitter-buster can still make a difference to the sound quality (if it doesn't it can help finance the Oppo cool.gif)

However, while the Digital Lens does get a signal from the Oppo (both via coax and optical), the Oppo does not seem to get or recognize the signal from the Digital Lens - when I select "coax input" it just stays there and even pressing "play" does not help. I also tried putting in my Behringer DAC to test, and there it's the same story. I've also tried 2 coaxial cables, just in case. Is there a setup option I'm missing somewhere?

Cheers

Walter Zed
post #5927 of 10074
Quote:
Oppo does not seem to get or recognize the signal from the Digital Lens - when I select "coax input" it just stays there and even pressing "play" does not help.
What format of audio signal are you sending to the Oppo?
post #5928 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaagstra View Post

Hi all, I am the fresh owner of a spanking new Oppo BDP-105EU, and I'm really happy with the picture and sound quality. However, I'm having a bit of an issue with the coaxial digital input. I've looped in my Genesis Digital Lens just to see if this jitter-buster can still make a difference to the sound quality (if it doesn't it can help finance the Oppo cool.gif)

However, while the Digital Lens does get a signal from the Oppo (both via coax and optical), the Oppo does not seem to get or recognize the signal from the Digital Lens - when I select "coax input" it just stays there and even pressing "play" does not help. I also tried putting in my Behringer DAC to test, and there it's the same story. I've also tried 2 coaxial cables, just in case. Is there a setup option I'm missing somewhere?

Cheers

Walter Zed

I suspect you've got input/output cabling confusion. Keep in mind the OPPO can only do one thing at a time. For example, it can't both play a disc AND play audio input coming in on the Optical or Coax input. Also make sure you don't have the Optical/Coax input and output jacks confused.

EXAMPLE: You want to play a Media File in the OPPO and have that output on COAX to your Lens, then feed the output of the Lens BACK into the OPPO as COAX and play that through the OPPO's Analog outputs. Well, you can't do that because when you select the COAX Input in the OPPO it must stop playing the Media File. It can't play a file AND play what's coming in on the COAX Input. (Of course you could get a SECOND 105EU if you really want to do this! biggrin.gif )

When you select the Optical or Coax Input, you will see the OPPO Splash screen -- since there's no video coming in on those. At this point you can press the Info button on the OPPO remote and the on-screen display will show you what's coming in at the moment for audio format on that selected Input.

If the on-screen Info display says no audio is coming in, then check what's feeding into that Digital Lens and how the Lens is set for output.
--Bob
Edited by Bob Pariseau - 6/13/13 at 3:39pm
post #5929 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post

What format of audio signal are you sending to the Oppo?

Um... I have no idea and the manual gives no hint either. My previous player (a Philips BDP7300) had no problem with it, so I am fairly certain that's not the problem. What worries me is that when I go through the input options, all descriptors scroll over the display, but the optical and coax options don't move at all.

Walter Zed
post #5930 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

For example, it can't both play a disc AND play audio input coming in on the Optical or Coax input. It can't play a file AND play what's coming in on the COAX Input.
--Bob

I think you nailed it, because that's exactly what I was trying to do. Well, there goes my cunning plan... Time to visit the marketplace of various boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

(Of course you could get a SECOND 105EU if you really want to do this! biggrin.gif )
--Bob

Hah. Werry funny dr. Jones! biggrin.gif

Walter Zed
post #5931 of 10074

The Silver Oppo BD-105 is really cool, it fits nicely with the Classe SSP-800 biggrin.gif

post #5932 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

The Silver Oppo BD-105 is really cool, it fits nicely with the Classe SSP-800 biggrin.gif

A photo of it installed would be nice, as some folks here are having trouble picturing it from the stand-alone photo on the OPPO site.
--Bob
post #5933 of 10074
Regarding my question on using the Digital Lens as an external jitterbuster for the Opp: my original assertion that "it worked with the previous player" was dead wrong, the setup there was not "player - digital lens - player" but "player - digital lens - DAC - amp". That's what you get for posting when you should be in bed... Just for the hell of it I'm going to try that setup with the Oppo, but I know I'll keep using the Oppo standalone: less boxes, less cables, less power consumption, and I love the option to reverse the XLR polarity, which made quite a difference in my setup.

Thanks for the help guys!

Walter
post #5934 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View PostA photo of it installed would be nice, as some folks here are having trouble picturing it from the stand-alone photo on the OPPO site.
--Bob

 Will do this weekend if I have time!

post #5935 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

Slick and sexy!

I bought one today 4TB 189.00
post #5936 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

The Silver Oppo BD-105 is really cool, it fits nicely with the Classe SSP-800 biggrin.gif
Okay tell me if I'm being fair or not. I am a new Oppo owner. The 105 is my first Oppo which I bought in mid-April. Black was the only colour available with no mention of silver to come later. I would have loved to get silver. It would have matched perfectly with my Parasound P7. So is Oppo at fault for not offering both colours at that time? Most other products I buy will have all available colours stated. In this case it seems that Oppo marketing was knee-jerk instead of thought-out.
post #5937 of 10074
Did you even ask Oppo before you bought your black player if silver was an option? I don't think they were obligated to advertise the fact that silver was coming. At least one other user here asked and was told silver was coming and waited. Also try calling Oppo and see what they say. They can be very accommodating and may surprise you.
post #5938 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by obie_fl View Post

Did you even ask Oppo before you bought your black player if silver was an option? I don't think they were obligated to advertise the fact that silver was coming. At least one other user here asked and was told silver was coming and waited. Also try calling Oppo and see what they say. They can be very accommodating and may surprise you.
Sure in hindsight that's exactly what I should have done. My question was should Oppo have informed the "marketplace" (the buyers) back in April about optional chassis colours? If they knew it was coming why not advertise the fact? Look I know this is all a bit of "sour grapes" and "after the fact" and "live and learn" stuff. I missed the boat on this one - maybe others did too. Maybe there is a lesson for Oppo as well.
post #5939 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Process53 View Post

Sure in hindsight that's exactly what I should have done. My question was should Oppo have informed the "marketplace" (the buyers) back in April about optional chassis colours? If they knew it was coming why not advertise the fact? Look I know this is all a bit of "sour grapes" and "after the fact" and "live and learn" stuff. I missed the boat on this one - maybe others did too. Maybe there is a lesson for Oppo as well.

Like what obie_fl said, give OPPO a call. Worst they can say is no and you're stuck with an awesome player.
post #5940 of 10074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Process53 View Post

Sure in hindsight that's exactly what I should have done. My question was should Oppo have informed the "marketplace" (the buyers) back in April about optional chassis colours? If they knew it was coming why not advertise the fact? Look I know this is all a bit of "sour grapes" and "after the fact" and "live and learn" stuff. I missed the boat on this one - maybe others did too. Maybe there is a lesson for Oppo as well.
Companies aren't obligated to divulge what they're going to release in the future. This is the first time Oppo has had more than 1 color choice available and who knows if they'll continue to offer the option beyond 1 production run or on future products - I suspect they'll gauge how well it sells before they decide. IMHO, it was just unfortunate timing for you and if it's really this important to you, give them a call and nicely ask if there's any way you can swap your player for one with a silver faceplate. As others have said, the worst that can happen is they'll say no.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players ›  Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread