or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013 - Page 10

post #271 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmp6 View Post

Thanks! I will try converting the iso to a folder rip and give it a shot.

I did convert the iso to a folder structure and I still encounter the picture freeze. ISO or folder structure end result is the same- freeze after about 15 minutes of play. Do a new chapter and the movie continues.
post #272 of 840
Try turning it into an MKV and see what happens...I had the same issue with a folder rip but I only tried one movie before just moving on to trying MKV which so far seems to work.

Note that MakeMKV doesn't automatically select the DTS MA and just the core, you have to check it. It may be in the settings somewhere so it will automatically but I haven't looked for it yet. If you have both the DTS MA and the core checked you will get the two streams in your file.
Edited by djc11369 - 1/10/13 at 9:41am
post #273 of 840
I converted my iso to mt2s and it now works fine. This looks to be a bug for the med600x3d.
post #274 of 840
My first impressions after upgrading (?) from my eGreat R6S (50% cheaper)

@ same functionalities / look&feel firmware! Nothing extra from the MED600x3D like auto yamj or subtitles download... or app store (all of that had my Popbox V8 which sadly couldn't play MP4 and MTS 1080/60 files!)
@ same issues when setting up USB WiFi / no go unless DHCP turned on in the router
@ unit slightly bigger than R6S
@ Mede8er remote backlighted / but is it worth the extra cost?
@ alternative FW available for the R6S (different skins, IPTV)

I'm wondering now whether to keep the MED600x3D as I'm quite disappointed with the manual yamj building process. No visible difference in video playback...
post #275 of 840
Thread Starter 
@gerzerrpel

mede8er use their own code on top of realtek sdk

heres alternatives to yamj (do you really use Y2M ? yamj to mede8er )

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,10.0.html


also this is some flash news from beta group, 3 row movies has being added.


Edited by canton160 - 1/12/13 at 10:46am
post #276 of 840
Is anybody getting a green screen when the player crashes at times?
post #277 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

@gerzerrpel

mede8er use their own code on top of realtek sdk

heres alternatives to yamj (do you really use Y2M ? yamj to mede8er )

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,10.0.html

That TVixie looks interesting. Has anyone used that in conjunction with the Mede8er?
post #278 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

That TVixie looks interesting. Has anyone used that in conjunction with the Mede8er?

I never tried it but I'm now using YADIS, which is really simple compared to My Movies. And I like the interface of YADIS.
post #279 of 840
So, I received my 600X3D yesterday to replace my A-400. I gotta say, wow, talk about night & day. biggrin.gif

Literally every file I could not even begin to play on the A-400, I had absolutely no trouble with on the 600X3D. Not only that, the UI is *much* snappier, especially during playback. It does feel a bit less polished, though, overall - compared to what I've used before. However, I'll reserve judgment until after 2.0.

Currently, I'm running an alternative install of SMB 4 on OS X Mountain Lion, with a couple socket tweaks in smb.conf. It was interesting to read all the advice about using NFS to improve performance. So far, with SMB, I have zero trouble with even the highest bitrate 3D ISOs.

A couple issues:

- I can't seem to find a way of sorting the file list view in a network share, it would be most helpful if this remained in ordered by creation date descending as I generally always want to see what has been newly added.

- The lack of HD audio out of optical is a huge pain since my AVR supports DTS-HD and True-HD but is HDMI 1.3a. :\ I ordered a 1.4a HDMI splitter, hoping this does the trick.


I also can't seem to find a way in the UI to monitor current bitrate during playback. Is this possible?
post #280 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digerati. View Post

So, I received my 600X3D yesterday to replace my A-400. I gotta say, wow, talk about night & day. biggrin.gif

Literally every file I could not even begin to play on the A-400, I had absolutely no trouble with on the 600X3D. Not only that, the UI is *much* snappier, especially during playback. It does feel a bit less polished, though, overall - compared to what I've used before. However, I'll reserve judgment until after 2.0.

Currently, I'm running an alternative install of SMB 4 on OS X Mountain Lion, with a couple socket tweaks in smb.conf. It was interesting to read all the advice about using NFS to improve performance. So far, with SMB, I have zero trouble with even the highest bitrate 3D ISOs.

A couple issues:

- I can't seem to find a way of sorting the file list view in a network share, it would be most helpful if this remained in ordered by creation date descending as I generally always want to see what has been newly added.

- The lack of HD audio out of optical is a huge pain since my AVR supports DTS-HD and True-HD but is HDMI 1.3a. :\ I ordered a 1.4a HDMI splitter, hoping this does the trick.


I also can't seem to find a way in the UI to monitor current bitrate during playback. Is this possible?

Optical does not support HD Audio (DTSMA or TrueHD) I believe, it has to be HDMI
post #281 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Optical does not support HD Audio (DTSMA or TrueHD) I believe, it has to be HDMI

Yup, that was more of a complaint than an issue to be resolved.. I'm hoping that splitter resolves this.
post #282 of 840
If I get one, can I use any USB wireless stick (TP-Link) to get networking working?
post #283 of 840
Anyone know a site that might sell refurbed mede8ers? looking to pick on up just wish it was slightly cheaper
post #284 of 840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Anyone know a site that might sell refurbed mede8ers? looking to pick on up just wish it was slightly cheaper

No luck
havent read reports of faulty units.
post #285 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

No luck
havent read reports of faulty units.

I see what you did there. wink.gif
post #286 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Anyone know a site that might sell refurbed mede8ers? looking to pick on up just wish it was slightly cheaper

You could always sell your A-400 smile.gif
post #287 of 840
Just a quick update

X3D Series V2 is progressing real well in the Mede8er Beta Group and you can see the new 3 Row Movie JukeBox View in this clip. V2 also has TRUE 23.976fps and its working as expected.

http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Mede8er_X3D_v2_3_row_Movie_JukeBox_Demo.mp4

Any Mede8er X3D owner is welcome to apply to become a X3D beta tester to test the new V2

Send a email to technical@mede8er.com

1) Real Name
2) Mede8er Forum Name
3) Country
4) Equipment used in conjunction with the X3D

Mede8er1
post #288 of 840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_hs10 View Post

What's the difference in med600x3d and med1000x3d? And do these have the iPad app like popcorn A-400?

its the same chipset 1186 , using the same firmware , but the 1000x3d has internal hard drive + coaxial out + slave usb port usb 3.0

regarding the app theres some android app + ios app to control some functionality of mede8er players x2 and x3, im using the synology ds audio app to play music, the Mymovie app is coming soon to control the movies playback in x2 and x3

also this was posted in avforums
Quote:
We have been in discussion with a 3rd party company that will develop an iPad app for Mede8er Movie Jukebox X2 and X3D Series and it will be sold at a very reasonable price on the App Store. I dont know when this will be ready but expect it within the next few months.

Mede8er1
post #289 of 840
Are there any plans for a slingplayer app for this? Or any potential workarounds to view a slingbox stream?
post #290 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er1 View Post

Just a quick update

X3D Series V2 is progressing real well in the Mede8er Beta Group and you can see the new 3 Row Movie JukeBox View in this clip. V2 also has TRUE 23.976fps and its working as expected.

http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Mede8er_X3D_v2_3_row_Movie_JukeBox_Demo.mp4
.............

That looks nice. But is there a version of this for tablets? That is what I currently like about the A400 is the application I can use on my tablets instead of something on screen. If there is a tablet version I will seriously consider getting the MD600X3D. I need something as a fallback device for 3D if some of the issues with the A400 take longer than expected to get ironed out.
post #291 of 840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

That looks nice. But is there a version of this for tablets? That is what I currently like about the A400 is the application I can use on my tablets instead of something on screen. If there is a tablet version I will seriously consider getting the MD600X3D. I need something as a fallback device for 3D if some of the issues with the A400 take longer than expected to get ironed out.

the mymovie app just need to be updated, the firmware 2.0.0 is looking good for beta testers, at any time we will see white smoke.

http://www.mymovies.dk/products/my-movies-for-ipad.aspx
post #292 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digerati. View Post

You could always sell your A-400 smile.gif

I still have an orginal popbox 3d and a nixeus to sell, maybe a a300 as well, But been lazy on ebay. I have many of players, and all of them could work for my needs at the moment including the A400 as I dont own a 3d tv yet, Its planned for the next month or so purchase. So trying to source the mede8er a little cheaper to have a bigger budget on a tv.
post #293 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_hs10 View Post

What's worng with the A400 for 3d?

And what does the hard drive do in the med1000?

There are issues with 3D BD ISOs...They are being worked on, but since there is no real solution as of yet, the fix will happen at an undetermined time if ever.....

the hard Drive acts as a storage device\share as it does with most other devices of this nature.....
post #294 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

I still have an orginal popbox 3d and a nixeus to sell, maybe a a300 as well, But been lazy on ebay. I have many of players, and all of them could work for my needs at the moment including the A400 as I dont own a 3d tv yet, Its planned for the next month or so purchase. So trying to source the mede8er a little cheaper to have a bigger budget on a tv.

Dont forget about Amazon, it much easier than eBay. wink.gif
post #295 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

There are issues with 3D BD ISOs...They are being worked on, but since there is no real solution as of yet, the fix will happen at an undetermined time ..

They also do not support 3D MVC in MKV
post #296 of 840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digerati. View Post

They also do not support 3D MVC in MKV

mede8er players support 3D MCV in makemkv

heres the naming required.

xxxx.3D.SBS.MKV
xxxx.3D.TB.MKV
Edited by canton160 - 1/19/13 at 8:26pm
post #297 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

mede8er players support 3D MCV in makemkv

heres the naming required.

xxxx.3D.SBS.MKV
xxxx.3D.TB.MKV

Oh absolutely, that's one of the reasons I chose the 600x3D over the A-400, beyond all the playback issues.

Do you happen to know if there is a way to sort, the file list view of network shares, by date?
post #298 of 840
Hi guys.

A quick question since I'm not sure I've got it right.

Do external subtitles in 3d movies (either iso or mvc mkv) appear also in 3d or they are just flat as normal subtitlles? Are they watchable in case they are flat?

Thank you
post #299 of 840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveltosss View Post

Hi guys.

A quick question since I'm not sure I've got it right.

Do external subtitles in 3d movies (either iso or mvc mkv) appear also in 3d or they are just flat as normal subtitlles? Are they watchable in case they are flat?

Thank you

how they appear in you blu-ray player ? flat is your answer.
post #300 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

how they appear in you blu-ray player ? flat is your answer.

Thank you.

Is it nice to watch a movie like that?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013