or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013 - Page 18

post #511 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

What do you guys do to get forced subtitles to play on your Mede8er? I just ripped The Hobbit via MakeMKV. When MakeMKV pulls up the contents of the disc, it shows English Subtitles, with a sub-line underneath it that says "Forced Only". So I checked only that sub-line. After it finished ripping, when I pull it up in MKVMerge, it doesn't show any subtitles. Then I tried ripping again, and this time I checked both English subtitle main line and the "Forced Only" sub-line. After that ripped, when I pull it up in MKVMerge I only see one subtitle.

The Mede8er does not respect the forced subtitle flag. What this means is that you need to have subtitles turned on by default and the forced subs set as the default flag if you want them to show (of course the downside of this any movie that has subtitles will show whether forced or not)
post #512 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

The Mede8er does not respect the forced subtitle flag. What this means is that you need to have subtitles turned on by default and the forced subs set as the default flag if you want them to show (of course the downside of this any movie that has subtitles will show whether forced or not)

So is there any way via MakeMKV (or some other software) to rip ONLY the forced subtitles, so it doesn't show the English subtitles through the entire movie, but only when needed for foreign speaking parts?
post #513 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

So is there any way via MakeMKV (or some other software) to rip ONLY the forced subtitles, so it doesn't show the English subtitles through the entire movie, but only when needed for foreign speaking parts?

In MakeMKV just have the underlying "forced subtitles" box ticked and no other sub boxes ticked (i.e. don't have the English sub ticked and the forced sub option below it, only the forced sub option)_
post #514 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

In MakeMKV just have the underlying "forced subtitles" box ticked and no other sub boxes ticked (i.e. don't have the English sub ticked and the forced sub option below it, only the forced sub option)_
Thanks Damian. I will have to experiment with that. I guess what confused me is as I mentioned in the other post, when I did just that in MakeMKV, and then pulled the resulting MKV up in MKVMerge, I don't see a subtitle track at all. So how do I set it to the default flag if they're not there?
post #515 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

Thanks Damian. I will have to experiment with that. I guess what confused me is as I mentioned in the other post, when I did just that in MakeMKV, and then pulled the resulting MKV up in MKVMerge, I don't see a subtitle track at all. So how do I set it to the default flag if they're not there?

Not sure I follow, if there are no subs then that means there were no forced subtitles. if there was a subtitle track you would see in mkvmerge
post #516 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Not sure I follow, if there are no subs then that means there were no forced subtitles. if there was a subtitle track you would see in mkvmerge

Basically, when I select the following in MakeMKV, the resulting MKV file doesn't show any subtitles in MKVMerge.

post #517 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

Basically, when I select the following in MakeMKV, the resulting MKV file doesn't show any subtitles in MKVMerge.


This means t here are no forced subtitles.When you tick that box, it tells Makemkv to grab the forced subs, but only if they are present. If there are no forced subs present, there will be no forced subs created
post #518 of 840
Been playing around with this player in the last few days and have been quite impressed by the media (video) player side of things. With a proper network setup, NFS very much prefered, this little box streams about anything flawlessly I've been throwing at it.

The downside is the jukebox functionality. V2.0 added the much needed aggregated jukebox feature which, to be perfectly honest, is nothing special and should be seen as a standard feature for a streamer in 2013. While the relatively simple aggregated jukebox works fine at first (at least as far as movies are concerned, TV shows are a whole different chapter...), trouble starts once you want to add new media to it. For now at least, the jukebox can only be emptied and not actually updated, so you have to empty it and add your whole media collection again every time you add new movies to it! That's especially annoying if you have a huge movie collection like me, as it takes quite a bit of time.

So the next very much needed feature on the Mede8er agenda should be an update feature for the aggregated jukebox. Even my three years old Netgear NeoTV550 had this feature, and that streamer actually lacked in the jukebox department, too.

P.S.: yaDIS is a very fast scraper. Hopefully, native Mede8er support will be integrated in near future, in addition to proper support for TV shows.
post #519 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

This means t here are no forced subtitles.When you tick that box, it tells Makemkv to grab the forced subs, but only if they are present. If there are no forced subs present, there will be no forced subs created

According to that document maintained by someone (I believe) here on AVS, The Hobbit should have forced subtitles for the Elvish spoken parts. So does this mean they are hardcoded into the video?
post #520 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

According to that document maintained by someone (I believe) here on AVS, The Hobbit should have forced subtitles for the Elvish spoken parts. So does this mean they are hardcoded into the video?

Let me check right now. I right out the individual parts with clown_BD, so I should be able to easily see if there are forced subs. I will let you know in a minute
post #521 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

According to that document maintained by someone (I believe) here on AVS, The Hobbit should have forced subtitles for the Elvish spoken parts. So does this mean they are hardcoded into the video?

It does not have forced subs. Two things to keep in mind with that spreadsheet. First, different versions (Region) could have different sub handling. For example a disc from the UK could handle subs differently then a disc from the US. Second, some people may just see subs, assume they are forced when they are burned in. Here are all the working files, if there were forced subs you would actually see a file that said forced subs.

Also, there is the possibility that the disc uses forced subs that are not flagged as forced subs. In this case you are kinda screwed because there is no way for MakeMKV or other program to know this

post #522 of 840
Thanks for checking Damian. So when you say it does not have forced subs, does that mean it could still have them, but they're hardcoded?
post #523 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

Thanks for checking Damian. So when you say it does not have forced subs, does that mean it could still have them, but they're hardcoded?

Correct, we don't usually consider hard coded subs forced subs, at least not in the context of ripping/media players
post #524 of 840
My new Mede8er MED600X3D arrived today.

This is my fifth media tank so I'm primed and prepared for all manner of misbehavior.

Set up went well and without issue, but all output from this device is heavily biased toward the green end of the video spectrum.

Following four plus hours of troubleshooting including switching out HDMI cables, updating firmware, alternating the on/off sequence of devices in the video chain, resetting, checking the setups of associated devices, on an on...

The output remains seriously biased toward the green.

Is there a simple solution that I have missed or is my MED600X3D duff and a candidate for return/replacement?
post #525 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post

My new Mede8er MED600X3D arrived today.

This is my fifth media tank so I'm primed and prepared for all manner of misbehavior.

Set up went well and without issue, but all output from this device is heavily biased toward the green end of the video spectrum.

Following four plus hours of troubleshooting including switching out HDMI cables, updating firmware, alternating the on/off sequence of devices in the video chain, resetting, checking the setups of associated devices, on an on...

The output remains seriously biased toward the green.

Is there a simple solution that I have missed or is my MED600X3D duff and a candidate for return/replacement?

Return it. My 600 looks great.
post #526 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post

My new Mede8er MED600X3D arrived today.

This is my fifth media tank so I'm primed and prepared for all manner of misbehavior.

Set up went well and without issue, but all output from this device is heavily biased toward the green end of the video spectrum.

Following four plus hours of troubleshooting including switching out HDMI cables, updating firmware, alternating the on/off sequence of devices in the video chain, resetting, checking the setups of associated devices, on an on...

The output remains seriously biased toward the green.

Is there a simple solution that I have missed or is my MED600X3D duff and a candidate for return/replacement?

While the realtek chips look a little different then the sigma output I have never seen one lean towards the green spectrum. The difference I would call it was grainy myself, but nothing the favors colors differently.
post #527 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post

My new Mede8er MED600X3D arrived today.

This is my fifth media tank so I'm primed and prepared for all manner of misbehavior.

Set up went well and without issue, but all output from this device is heavily biased toward the green end of the video spectrum.

Following four plus hours of troubleshooting including switching out HDMI cables, updating firmware, alternating the on/off sequence of devices in the video chain, resetting, checking the setups of associated devices, on an on...

The output remains seriously biased toward the green.

Is there a simple solution that I have missed or is my MED600X3D duff and a candidate for return/replacement?

So today I moved the new MED600X3D into another system (Samsung HDTV/Integra receiver) and it fires up and works perfectly.

Relieved that there is no apparent problem with my unit, I shift my attention to my primary video display, a Panny AE-7000U projector, in my main room.

I changed a setting in the advanced menu from "RGB" to "RGB/YPbPr" and joy has returned to Mudville... perfect picture and video quality.

Hope this helps anyone else having color shift issues with their MED600X3D.

First impressions of the unit are very positive...
post #528 of 840
Thread Starter 
The version of my movies is 1.30 pre release 2, still in beta but very stable and praticly full use with X3D, the download can be done from this page.

http://www.mymovies.dk/products/my-movies-for-mac-os-x/spring-2013-beta.aspx

This version already support the 3 row jukebox like other scrappers like yadis or y2m.
The biggest advantage is that the our library is stored in  Mymovies  servers, and with just one click the library is fully syncronize with ipad or iphone app.
The scrapping is also very easy and  has long the naming is correct it will be hassle free

The IOS app still need to be updated with a profile to fully control the  mede8er players.

Heres a small tutorial to use Mymovies for mac osx  with mede8er players....enjoy

Download the 1.30 version and follow the installation procedure

1- GO TO FILE




2- GO TO FILE...AGAIN (Choose the country of preference)



3- choose the hard drive, in this case is segate ( can be on network share)
4- choose the sub-folder where your movies are stored
5- open



6- the patch should be something similar to this, or depending of the configuration
7- ok




8- the mymovies program going to seach in their online database the correspondent movies title, to confirm it tick the square
9- ok to add movie to collection, it can take a few minutes depending of the size of library.



10- go to mymovies pro  in top left corner and choose preferences




11- choose metadata



12- tick the metadata for mede8er, and now we need to give access to the my movies application to scan the hard drive, the red dot, should become  green, this is a workaround build by my  movies app  due the apple sandbox

ps: make sure read and write permissions are ok

13- update all -  and metadata will be add to the  correct movie  folder



14- in this example the mymovies app write the following metadata

MEDE8ER.DB
ABOUT.JPG
FOLDER.JPG
.XML



From here just add the correct  movie folder to favorites in MEDE8ER Players and scan it.


if you add more movies in later date, you can individually write metadata by using right click on top any folder in mymovies library .




enjoy......
post #529 of 840
Read through most of the thread but need a little help....guys I'm looking for a cost effective way to play 3D BR only as I already have a Dune H1 for 2D content that I'm very happy with.

- I use SMB and don't want to delve into the whole NFS realm, but attaching a USB3 drive directly to the 600 I assume will be fine?
- Ripping to .MKV and checking the forced subtitles box is all that's needed for forced subs in movies like LoTR?
- Is there a better option? The Dune Base 3D is $300 vs $190 for the 600.
- Will be going into a Denon 4520 > JVC RS40 proj.

I'm usually missing something, so hoping you guys will point it out. smile.gif

Cheers...
post #530 of 840
Thread Starter 
Denon $2500
jvc $2500
And you are bothered with $110 price difference between players ?

Med600x3D - For 3D streaming NFS is the protocol of choice for 3DISO or 3DMCV, Samba is ok for 99% of 3D movies , might not be enough for 3D streaming, its limited to 90mbps.

Dune base 3D -samba support 3DISO streaming, but current FW doesn't support 3DMCV.mkv or swap left/right eye 3D

Nowadays Samba protocol is much slower than NFS.
Currently theres no better players than these two players mention above for streaming 3D, i would go with Mede8er player because of this :

forum support : raise your concerns or issues in mede8er forum, you have a voice there, from dune player you have email for support.
Dont see the mede8er stop or slowing down the development of their players, check their forums and see for yourself.

One way or another you will be fine with any of media players.

Good luck
post #531 of 840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post

My new Mede8er MED600X3D arrived today.

This is my fifth media tank so I'm primed and prepared for all manner of misbehavior.

Set up went well and without issue, but all output from this device is heavily biased toward the green end of the video spectrum.

Following four plus hours of troubleshooting including switching out HDMI cables, updating firmware, alternating the on/off sequence of devices in the video chain, resetting, checking the setups of associated devices, on an on...

The output remains seriously biased toward the green.

Is there a simple solution that I have missed or is my MED600X3D duff and a candidate for return/replacement?

what firmware you using ?

1.0.x ?

to use FW 2.0.x you need a bootloader before upgrading to 2.0.0

STEP1 IF YOU ALREADY INSTALLED V2 YOU CAN SKIP STEP1
Install X3D_Series_V2_Bootloader_17Jan2013
Install using the Emergency Procedure - After Installing this Bootloader updater your Bootloader should read as foll under Info in Setup Menu - KIIE.0402.0065
Warning: Do Not Unplug Power during the Bootloader updating process as this could result in a 'bricked' Mede8er.
http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmwares_Beta/MED1000X3D/2013/X3D_Series_V2_Bootlaoder_17Jan2013.zip

STEP2
Install X3D_Series_V2BETA_28March2013
Install using the Emergency Procedure
http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmwares_Beta/MED1000X3D/2013/X3D_Series_V2BETA_28March2013.zip
post #532 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

Denon $2500
jvc $2500
And you are bothered with $110 price difference between players ?

Med600x3D - For 3D streaming NFS is the protocol of choice for 3DISO or 3DMCV, Samba is ok for 99% of 3D movies , might not be enough for 3D streaming, its limited to 90mbps.

Dune base 3D -samba support 3DISO streaming, but current FW doesn't support 3DMCV.mkv or swap left/right eye 3D

Nowadays Samba protocol is much slower than NFS.
Currently theres no better players than these two players mention above for streaming 3D, i would go with Mede8er player because of this :

forum support : raise your concerns or issues in mede8er forum, you have a voice there, from dune player you have email for support.
Dont see the mede8er stop or slowing down the development of their players, check their forums and see for yourself.

One way or another you will be fine with any of media players.

Good luck

Actually the JVC was $1,700 (B-stock from AVS)
The Denon was also a lot less than $2,500 from AVS but the prices are not displayed, you have to call....ask Mike...a lot less than $2,500.

But I get your point smile.gif ....however the spending has to stop somewhere!!

Thanks for the info....
post #533 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

Currently theres no better players than these two players mention above for streaming 3D

@ Chris Albert

Check out the KD HD700. Uses same Realtek chipset and plays 3D mkv via SMB stutter free and it is $139.00 Amazon Prime. Doesn't appear to have the support forum or community of users the Mede8er has. It just works. Looks like the same linux kernel as the Mede8er. Surprised there is not more written about it.

Willie
post #534 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post

@ Chris Albert

Check out the KD HD700. Uses same Realtek chipset and plays 3D mkv via SMB stutter free and it is $139.00 Amazon Prime. Doesn't appear to have the support forum or community of users the Mede8er has. It just works. Looks like the same linux kernel as the Mede8er. Surprised there is not more written about it.

Willie

Interesting one....had a quick look (at work) gets a hell of a lot of 5 star reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Arrival-KDLINKS-HD700-Extreme-Built-In/dp/B008CBQSKU
post #535 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Albert View Post

Interesting one....had a quick look (at work) gets a hell of a lot of 5 star reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Arrival-KDLINKS-HD700-Extreme-Built-In/dp/B008CBQSKU

Be careful with the KDLinks. Some people claim that the reviews on Amazon were written by insiders and are false.
post #536 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

Be careful with the KDLinks. Some people claim that the reviews on Amazon were written by insiders and are false.
Some of them sure sound like "hired reviewers".
post #537 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by perchancetodream View Post

Some of them sure sound like "hired reviewers".

I own both the HD700 and the Mede8er. I would take anybody's review on Amazon with a grain of salt. Levels of expectation are all over the place, and yes, most likely many of the glowing reviews are advertisements. That being said the KDLinks plays 3D mkv and ISO stutter free. The interface is not elegant; user community support is non-existent. It just works, and it is less than $150 shipped.

Willie
post #538 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post

I own both the HD700 and the Mede8er. I would take anybody's review on Amazon with a grain of salt. Levels of expectation are all over the place, and yes, most likely many of the glowing reviews are advertisements. That being said the KDLinks plays 3D mkv and ISO stutter free. The interface is not elegant; user community support is non-existent. It just works, and it is less than $150 shipped.

Willie

That may be true but I would think that spending about $75 more is worth it for the support and firmware updates.
I have own several media players now collecting dust because of lack of support. So far the Mede8er is the best player that I have owned and there are constant firmware updates.
post #539 of 840
Hey there guys. I have a problem. First of all let me tell you that this is so far the best player that I've used so far. It's been doing an excellent job playing everything i throw at it. It's so good that i bought the MED1000 for my upstairs media room and moved the MED600 to my living room downstairs. I upgraded the Firmware to 2.0 bootloader and installed Firmware 2.0 on both players.Both players stream MKV High bitrate files from a WIndows 7 Ultimate PC that is running Hanewin NFS Server with a 1gbit nic. All Gbit connections and Linksys 1GBit switch. NFS Server Options are set as follows...

Mount Daemon Port ...1058
NFS Server Port.... 2049
Number Of UDP NFS Server Threads...32
Maximum NFS Transfer..32768
Operate NFS Server on UDP and TCP (Both Checked)
NFS Server Protocol Version 2 and 3 (Both Checked)

My problem i have is when i navigate through the NFS shares using one of the players (600 or 1000 - doesn't matter which one) the other player Stalls Or Freezes. After the Mede8er loads all the Media from the share on that Mede8er player. the other player returns back to normal. Vice Versa So it turns out that i can't have both players on at the same time. Also navigating is slow and stops for long periods of time. That's my problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any tweaks in HaneWIn NFS that i can configure?

Do i need to enable my 2ns built in NIC on my motherboard? Will this help?

Anyway i would hate to return my 1000XD if i can't have both players to play Media Content. I really like it alot.

Help!

THanks
post #540 of 840
Well, I've been patiently waiting for Mede8er to adapt a fully support jukebox for both Movies and TV Shows, but this doesn't appear it will happened any time soon. Therefore, I ended up ordering the Dune TV303D. I don't really care for 3D movies, but mind as well have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Hopefully, in the near future Mede8er will adapt a full support it jukebox.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013