or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013 - Page 26

post #751 of 840
Has hi10 support been improved at all?
post #752 of 840
I'm finally purchasing this unit! It was not easy, after comparing the Dune 303 at the end of the day my money goes with 600xd.
post #753 of 840
Choosing which media player to purchase is actually a surprisingly difficult thing to decide.

Some candidates easy to eliminate simply due to lack of support.

Still leaves several in the mix and hard to pick just one.
post #754 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post

Choosing which media player to purchase is actually a surprisingly difficult thing to decide.

Some candidates easy to eliminate simply due to lack of support.

Still leaves several in the mix and hard to pick just one.

Agreed. Currently on the fence between A-400 or MED600 or wait a couple months for new releases.
post #755 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post

Agreed. Currently on the fence between A-400 or MED600 or wait a couple months for new releases.

What new releases are you waiting on?
post #756 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post

Agreed. Currently on the fence between A-400 or MED600 or wait a couple months for new releases.

What new releases are you waiting on?

Both the MED600 and A-400 are about a year old, so I would think a refresh is in the works.
Pivos is appreantly coming out with a new device shortly as well.
post #757 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post

Both the MED600 and A-400 are about a year old, so I would think a refresh is in the works.
Pivos is appreantly coming out with a new device shortly as well.

I don't believe so, as that would be based on new chips in the works (which there hasn't been any indication on from Sigma or Realtek)
post #758 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post

Both the MED600 and A-400 are about a year old, so I would think a refresh is in the works.
Pivos is appreantly coming out with a new device shortly as well.

I don't believe so, as that would be based on new chips in the works (which there hasn't been any indication on from Sigma or Realtek)

Ah, good to know. Looks like my decision is reduced to sigma a-400 or realtek med600.
post #759 of 840
What waiting for?

Quad core PCU based units are already out. Only a few however at this point. By the end of the year we'll have several much more powerful and faster quad core based media servers in the mix.
post #760 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post

What waiting for?

Quad core PCU based units are already out. Only a few however at this point. By the end of the year we'll have several much more powerful and faster quad core based media servers in the mix.

What quad core solutions are out there that are stable? I've seen the Pivos and HiMedia offerings but they don't seem to have the stability of the A-400 & MED600.

May have more features (Android/Apps) but I don't think they support 3D MPEG-4 MVC playback.
post #761 of 840
You asked what waiting for. I simply answered your question.

It is not the thread to discuss which quad core devices are stable at this juncture.
post #762 of 840
After browsing through some Youtube vids and the Mede8er site I have a question for those of you who own this series. It appears that you can change the skins to your liking but for the Movie Jukebox it always seems to show the standard view with movie icons tiles on the screen and detailed information when you select it. Is this the only view available for the Movie Jukebox area? The Mede8er seems to be a nice player and does seem to have flexibility but my main concern is the look and feel of the Movie and TV Jukebox. The Mede8er seems to have just as many skins but I'm wondering if it has as many options as XBMC does to Views within the Movie or TV area.
post #763 of 840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post

After browsing through some Youtube vids and the Mede8er site I have a question for those of you who own this series. It appears that you can change the skins to your liking but for the Movie Jukebox it always seems to show the standard view with movie icons tiles on the screen and detailed information when you select it. Is this the only view available for the Movie Jukebox area? The Mede8er seems to be a nice player and does seem to have flexibility but my main concern is the look and feel of the Movie and TV Jukebox. The Mede8er seems to have just as many soins but I'm wondering if it has as many options as XBMC does to Views within the Movie or TV area.

This is my mede8er jukebox, was this you looking for ?

50ci.jpg
post #764 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post

After browsing through some Youtube vids and the Mede8er site I have a question for those of you who own this series. It appears that you can change the skins to your liking but for the Movie Jukebox it always seems to show the standard view with movie icons tiles on the screen and detailed information when you select it. Is this the only view available for the Movie Jukebox area? The Mede8er seems to be a nice player and does seem to have flexibility but my main concern is the look and feel of the Movie and TV Jukebox. The Mede8er seems to have just as many skins but I'm wondering if it has as many options as XBMC does to Views within the Movie or TV area.

you are correct in the jukebox only has one view there is no modifying the view either. the skins change the "home" screen lookout
post #765 of 840
So I searched the entire thread (all 26 long pages of it, lol) and I didn't see anyone talk about using a 4 or 8 hard drive bay enclosure connected via USB to their Mede8er. I wanted to know if it is possible or not? Right now I'm using xbmc with MPC-HC and Madvr and have over 800 movies full rips from bluray and dvds. I need alot of storage but I want to get away from the PC environment for my HTPC, I find myself tinkering way too often and I have been having problems getting my 3d to function with my Sony HW50es projector. My PC is too loud as I have a gaming graphics card in it Nvidia 660ti overclocked MSI PE and uses too much power.

So I have a couple of questions before I pull the trigger on buying one of these...

1. Is it possible to connect a 4 or 8 HDD bay enclosure to the USB port on these boxes and have it recognize all drives?
2. After connecting the 4 drive HDD enclosure, is it possible have one media jukebox for all Blu-Rays from multiple drives, then one jukebox for all DVD's from multiple drives, tv shows, etc? Basically I don't want to go through all my drives searching for the newest blu-ray, I would like it to have one jukebox with all my blu-rays in it across multiple hard drives (hope it makes sense).
3. Anyone notice any picture quality differences between using this and a blu-ray set top player on a large screen? I have a 125" 2.35 Cinemascope projector screen so quality is key.

I'm coming from the XBMC environment that I'm using right now with the Ace skin applied, it's a very nice front end and I know I will lose this but I figured the mede8er would be more wife and kid friendly.

Thanks in advance...
post #766 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post

May have more features (Android/Apps) but I don't think they support 3D MPEG-4 MVC playback.
The market is flooded with Allwinner A31 Android boxes already... They are capable of 3D MVC and 4K. The only problem for them at the moment is the lack of auto frame rate switching as far as I understand. If this is solved it is a matter of good UI to have a killer dirt cheap all in one media player / IPTV / game box / skype / etc.
post #767 of 840
Thanks for the pic canton160.
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

you are correct in the jukebox only has one view there is no modifying the view either. the skins change the "home" screen lookout

Thanks for the answer!
post #768 of 840
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the MED600X3D. There is one feature I'd like to clarify though. I have many TV show DVD sets (not BD) that I have ripped to ISOs. When playing these files, does the MED600X3D support menus so that various episodes can be selected?
post #769 of 840
Someone check me on this... If I want to start ripping my current discs and ISOs to the most friendly file type for mede8er and htpc playback and don't care for chapters or menus, then m2ts files are my best choice? They get past the seamless branching issue that can be a problem for mede8er and also are compatible with Dlna and older streaming devices and the PS3? And with ClownBD i can still make a m2ts file with forced subs included and hd audio just like an MKV file right?
post #770 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

Someone check me on this... If I want to start ripping my current discs and ISOs to the most friendly file type for mede8er and htpc playback and don't care for chapters or menus, then m2ts files are my best choice? They get past the seamless branching issue that can be a problem for mede8er and also are compatible with Dlna and older streaming devices and the PS3? And with ClownBD i can still make a m2ts file with forced subs included and hd audio just like an MKV file right?

Unfortunately, forced subs aren't supported. You will have to turn them on manually or you can leave subs on, and rip only the forced sub track. I stopped using M2TS and know I only use MKV.
post #771 of 840
Ah ok... well I would plan on ripping only the forced subs anyway as long as I can figure that all out. MKV has the issue with seamless branching though, right?
post #772 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

Ah ok... well I would plan on ripping only the forced subs anyway as long as I can figure that all out. MKV has the issue with seamless branching though, right?

No seamless branching issues.
post #773 of 840
I have a question about the Youtube app.

I have my 600X3d hardwired to my router and connected to my AVR with HDMI. I set the wired connection with auto dhcp. I can open the youtube app and play videos, but I am not getting any sound. Playing mkvs from my media library is working fine. Any thoughts?
post #774 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by crussader View Post

I have a question about the Youtube app.

I have my 600X3d hardwired to my router and connected to my AVR with HDMI. I set the wired connection with auto dhcp. I can open the youtube app and play videos, but I am not getting any sound. Playing mkvs from my media library is working fine. Any thoughts?

Go into the AUDIO options on the 600X3D and make sure that "Force Decode AAC/MP3" is set to ON.
post #775 of 840
That did the trick. Thanks!
post #776 of 840
Hi,
Can anyone help wiyh current available and reliable UK source to buy a 600X3D.
Google sources say currently out of stock or supplier not known to me.
Thanks,
Edited by tetbury - 12/15/13 at 1:21pm
post #777 of 840
In the U.S., mediaconceptusa.com.
post #778 of 840
I also posted this on the other Mede8er Forum as well.
 
I received the Mede8er 600X3D I ordered on Friday afternoon, I connected it to my network (wired / switched Gig Network) and went through the setup. I have all of my movies located on a Windows 2003 Server RAID with Several Shared Folders. I was able to map the folders (SMB) and play every single movie that I tried which include DVD and Blu-Ray Rips. The DVD's are in file / folder structures while the Blu-Rays are ISO's created by DVD Fab.

I probably tried about 20 different DVD / Blu-Ray Rips and even watched a good hour of Star Wars 1 without a single hiccup.

Since then I left the player on and when I went back to it this AM it was locked up completely with a screen saver on. It was non-responsive to the remote control as well as the front panel buttons except for the power button which only worked when held for several seconds to turn the player off.

This evening I turned it on, browsed to one of my shared folders that I have saved as a favorite and started playing a Concert DVD that I played before during my test. It played the video for about 2 - 3 Minutes before locking up / being unresponsive.

I powered off the unit again by holding down the power button for several seconds and then powered it back up. This time it came up to the main menu and locked up again / has been non-responsive since.

I verified I don't have any network issues by playing the same as well as different videos from my HTPC as well as Micca Player. Each of them played without a hitch.

This is certainly not the way I expected such a positive initial experience to go.

 

I was told that the unit was updated to the latest released firmware before shipping but have to double check when I get home.

 

Any thoughts on what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

post #779 of 840
Did you try power cycling the unit? Basically unplug the power cord, wait at least 30 seconds and plug it back in?
Most electronics have to be reset every once in a while; most of the times it is due to poor firmware. Not saying this is the case with your unit, but it may clear you error.
post #780 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by isisyodin View Post

Did you try power cycling the unit? Basically unplug the power cord, wait at least 30 seconds and plug it back in?
Most electronics have to be reset every once in a while; most of the times it is due to poor firmware. Not saying this is the case with your unit, but it may clear you error.


Yes I tried Power Cycling several times, I was asked by the company I bought it from to try and upgrade the firmware only to find out that the USB Ports don't work either so it is going back. One thing I did notice is that when i had issues with it the unit was unusually warm (almost hot to the touch). I haven't had it for long and wasn't sure if this was "Normal" but it has been working ok (except for the USB Ports) for the last day and it is what I would consider "Cool to the touch" It isn't near any possible heat source and the AC Adapter is plugged in to a Filtered / Protected Source so maybe there is something up with the AC Adapter? Either way I am getting a new one and will see how that one works. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013