Here are the top media players manufacturers:
1)Dune (they are old hardware, but they are solid and reliable. They are also the most expensive)
2) Popcorn Hour (I would recommend the PCH-A200, A210 series. DO NOT BUY THE A300. They have a new media player the A400, which I wouldn't recommend buying until 1 yr later)
3) Mede8er (they have the 2D series and the new one can play 3D)
Inexpensive Media players:
1) Netgear NeoTV550 (can play DVD and BD ISO's, this player has been discontinued, but you can still find it around)
2) WDTV2 (this is an okay media player. It doesn't play BD ISO, and doesn't play HD sound tracks only DTS MA I think) Only plays TrueHD.
3) Micca (their support is probably none existent now, but still a good media player. I wouldn't buy one)
4) PCH Popbox v8
5) AIOS (probably the cheapest 1185 chip based media player. The remoter isn't responsive, but if you have a harmony this will fix it. UI is horrible, but it player all of my MKV, M2TS and DVD ISO's without any issues).
Edited by GusGus748s - 11/25/12 at 6:49pm