or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Beverly Hills Cop 1-3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beverly Hills Cop 1-3

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 



Just released in Germany and France, anyone pick them up? I hear not bad things about 2
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

Just released in Germany and France, anyone pick them up? I hear not bad things about 2

Depends on what you call "not bad". I've seen a 1080p rip of 2, and it looks like a decent encode of an old, grimy transfer. In other words...it's better than the DVD.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBob57 View Post

Depends on what you call "not bad". I've seen a 1080p rip of 2, and it looks like a decent encode of an old, grimy transfer. In other words...it's better than the DVD.

I have seen that also, and it is miles better than the ton of DNR on the first movie.
It looks like an 80's Tony Scott movie, and there aint nothing better
post #4 of 12
I haven't seen them but I'm a big fan of 1 and 2. This guy was so good and I for some reason really want him to succeed again with another blockbuster.
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

I haven't seen them but I'm a big fan of 1 and 2. This guy was so good and I for some reason really want him to succeed again with another blockbuster.
I doubt we'll ever see anything from Murphy remotely like that again. He's too... happy. Doesn't have that edge, doesn't have the drive - and that's perfectly good for him, but I miss the comedy.
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
After the OSCAR mess and A Thousand Words his career is dead
post #7 of 12
Few screenshoots from Beverly Hills Cop 2. No DNR but the grain mmm seems "strange" click to enlarge


5be89d222914048.jpg be3220222914066.jpg 6bed1e222914093.jpg 57175d222914114.jpg c83e22222914135.jpg 6da188222914163.jpg 77e862222914180.jpg 2827ab222914198.jpg 38db3f222914214.jpg 02545e222914234.jpg 118ccf222914279.jpg 7e2c30222914301.jpg 2647ce222914314.jpg 880cda222914339.jpg 6d8fa6222914371.jpg ab717f222914405.jpg 24e252222914440.jpg 695f08222914451.jpg 3ae597222914467.jpg
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
post #9 of 12
definetly looking good!
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

After the OSCAR mess and A Thousand Words his career is dead

I wouldn't say "dead" but certainly on life support right now. He's an absolute capable actor, which he proved in Dreamgirls and was phenomenal. But then he goes and makes more bad choices that involve juvenile potty humor or over the top stereotyped antics like Tower Heist among others. It's as if he doesn't take his comedy serious anymore. With Beverly Hills Cop and the 48 Hrs movies it seemed that the movie came first and his natural comedic talents just came through. Now it's like "Ok Eddie, say something funny here. How about a fart joke or an angry black man routine?" He's way beyond that, doesn't need it and shouldn't do it. Just my opinion.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

It's as if he doesn't take his comedy serious anymore.
He doesn't. And he hasn't for a pretty long time now. He keeps getting paid, so he doesn't really care.
post #12 of 12
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Beverly Hills Cop 1-3