Now...it's finally sh*tting the bed on me; won't scan, locks up...and of course it can't be re-booted, without getting up to pull the plug! So I've been out of the game for a while, and I'm looking for a replacement. I don't need it to do much; here are my "requirements":
- as I said, 90% of my viewing at this location, is TV ripped from DVD; so a good episode GUI is desirable
- the other 10%, are movies ripped from BD; both .ISO and mt2s (don't really need full BD support, on the ISOs...not in the bedroom)
- it would be great, if this box also did Netflix and/or Hulu well; so I could lose the Roku2 at the same location
- can't see spending more than $100
- I've been out of the game for a while, and don't have time to futz a lot anymore; so easy to use would be nice (but I have been around the block, so there's easy and there's easy)
I have a Dune D1 elsewhere...and probably will get an A-400, once the dust settles; but those are overkill, IMO, for this application. I guess WDTV comes to mind; I tried Live I think, and it was fine...but not my cup of tea (of course, that was back in the day too). I thought about the Dune 53D; but it seems that has come and gone (and that gives you an idea how long I've been out of the loop, lol). I tried ATV2; no thanks. And I was going to say Boxee was out...but I see they've finally gotten rid of that ridiculous trapezoid, or whatever the hell it was; so maybe it's back in play?
Suggestions guys? Also...if it turns out the PB can be hacked, to run something reliable (XBMC?); I might be open to that too. Again, as long as it's not too techie; I just don't want to be that guy anymore.