Seating Distances: 10' & 16'
PJ Throw: 19'
AT Screen: Enlightor 4k 2:37 120" wide / 130.2 Diag (.98 Gain)
I have been looking at the Runco LS-5 and JVC X70. So my concern with either of these units is brightness for my setup. The Enlightor is listed at .98 gain but from what I understand it is closer to .70 or .80.
So if the gain was .70 or .80 (Using the calc on projector central) the LS-5 would be between 12-14 fL and the JVC would be between 11-13 fL. I like a bright picture and want some flexibility to have some lights on for superbowl, gaming etc.
So this weekend I looked at the 3 Chip Runco VX-11d. Stunning to say the least. Great colors, rich detail and plenty bright. So if I went 3 chip it would be the Runco LS-10i. This would calculate to 24-28 fL in my setup. I can stretch the budget for the 3 chip if it is the right way to go. I am a buy it right once kind of guy.
So my questions are:
1) Has anyone used the LS-5 or X70 with this or similar size and gain screen? Where you happy with the brightness?
2) If they were bright enough would you recommend one over the other in my setup?
3) Should I make the jump to the 3 chip DLP LS-10i?
4) If 3 chip is the way to go are their any other units I should be looking at in the low $20K MSRP range?
5) I guess the other option is to change screens. But it would have to be woven. I don't like the micro perfs at all.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!