or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Heads up, Klipsch, RW-12d, not on sale but in stock at Newegg.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heads up, Klipsch, RW-12d, not on sale but in stock at Newegg.

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Just received this e-mail notice from Newegg.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing Newegg.com.

The below items has come in stock as of 12/01/2012 and we are sending you this notification per your request. Auto-Notify is one of many conveniences we provide at Newegg.com (Please Note: because others may be waiting for this item as well, we cannot guarantee price or availability).

Auto-Notify Summary:

Klipsch Reference RW-12d 12" Powered Subwoofer Each w/ New box
post #2 of 29
I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it's 299 again
post #3 of 29
SO you're letting people know that a sub that goes on sale once every couple weeks for $299 is in stock for $500? Thanks.....I guess
post #4 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amheck View Post

SO you're letting people know that a sub that goes on sale once every couple weeks for $299 is in stock for $500? Thanks.....I guess

Yes, that's what I'm doing. What you're missing, Newegg was out of stock regarding this sub so I'm being thoughtful and letting folks here know that it's back in stock. FYI, it's not considered nice to punch on the thoughtfulness of a message.

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 12/1/12 at 9:27am
post #5 of 29
I would take that as a "thanks Newegg for being douche canoes" as opposed to thanks for posting it's back in stock. I for one, appreciate the update.

Dan
post #6 of 29
Daily deal, $299 now at Newegg.
post #7 of 29
Thread Starter 
Now that's a deal which beats being poked in the eye with a sharp stick. tongue.gif
post #8 of 29
I just ordered mine. smile.gif
post #9 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeRobb View Post

I just ordered mine. smile.gif

Congrats as I know you're going be very happy with this sub. I'm envious of your purchase as I'm having to hold out due to saving for a more expensive sub and until I make my purchase, I'm envious of all who purchase this sub.
post #10 of 29
First post on AVS though I've lurked here for some time. I just ordered one as well based heavily on the positive things I have read on this forum about this sub at this price point.
post #11 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmo View Post

First post on AVS though I've lurked here for some time. I just ordered one as well based heavily on the positive things I have read on this forum about this sub at this price point.

I can't say I've ever read a discouraging word about this sub.
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

I can't say I've ever read a discouraging word about this sub.

Only port noise at high volumes. I haven't heard it but I don't go crazy.
post #13 of 29
I have to wait til after midnight to order a second one. That's when my play money retirement check will hit my bank account. I'm afraid
they will be out of stock again after the shark frenzy.
post #14 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I have to wait til after midnight to order a second one. That's when my play money retirement check will hit my bank account. I'm afraid
they will be out of stock again after the shark frenzy.

Two Klipsch, RW-12d's.....Mmmmmmmmmmmm!
post #15 of 29
Ordered. I wonder how many are gonna ship now because of this thread?
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycholis View Post

Ordered. I wonder how many are gonna ship now because of this thread?

If they run out of stock before midnight I would say too many.
post #17 of 29
Hopefully they are good. I ordered two right before I posted this, they are still in stock so looks like there hasn't been a HUGE frenzy, either that or they had a huge delivery of them.
post #18 of 29
Back out of stock! Damnit.mad.gif
post #19 of 29
Well I was about to pull the trigger when I got home. I'm way too indecisive for all this. I'll take it as a sign and order a couple Daytons before they are in-stock again and tempt me further.
post #20 of 29
Sorry guys, tried to help. I posted it after I had ordered my 2 smile.gif.
post #21 of 29
I checked here after I received the price alert email from Newegg. When they sold out over Thanksgiving I decided if they got more and offered the same 299 price I was going to order. I did receive a shipping notification so I think I managed to get in on this group! I am putting together my first Home Theater and I will be pairing the sub with the Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0 speakers. Cant wait to get the all the parts assembled and give them a try. I'm thinking it will not be a bad first Home Theater 5.1 system smile.gif Reading the reviews of the Pioneer speakers the sub-woofer seemed to get the least praise so I think the Klipsch will be a nice upgrade.
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmo View Post

I checked here after I received the price alert email from Newegg. When they sold out over Thanksgiving I decided if they got more and offered the same 299 price I was going to order. I did receive a shipping notification so I think I managed to get in on this group! I am putting together my first Home Theater and I will be pairing the sub with the Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0 speakers. Cant wait to get the all the parts assembled and give them a try. I'm thinking it will not be a bad first Home Theater 5.1 system smile.gif Reading the reviews of the Pioneer speakers the sub-woofer seemed to get the least praise so I think the Klipsch will be a nice upgrade.
mgrotel has basically the same setup but with 2 RWs and he seems to love it.
post #23 of 29
If my room is 14 wide x 18 long x 8 ft tall(unfinished as of now), will 1 sub do or should i go for 2? the rest of the speakers are klipsch reference 35 series 7.1.
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusticR6 View Post

If my room is 14 wide x 18 long x 8 ft tall(unfinished as of now), will 1 sub do or should i go for 2? the rest of the speakers are klipsch reference 35 series 7.1.

Your room size is fairly close to mine and a second sub really makes a difference. Go with two if you are able to. You can try one to see if you're satisfied first. If not, order a second.
My guess is you'll want a second one.
Edited by XStanleyX - 12/4/12 at 4:03pm
post #25 of 29
Thread Starter 
Back in stock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780078

But at the full, $499.99, shipped price.
post #26 of 29
Hi All,

I just set up the following -

1. Energy 5.0 speakers
2. Denon 1913 AVR
3. Klipsch RW 12d

As others have stated on this thread, inititally I did get a small thump on the sub. But after I ran Audyssey again after fully setting things up quite a few times, it won't recognize the Sub at all! I have tried setting the volumes on the sub from -20 - 0db no luck! Here are my settings -

1. I set the Speakers to SMALL

2. Bass -
Subwoofer mode - LFE+Main
LPF - 120hz

3. Distances seemed fine on all the speakers, but it had 13ft on the Sub which was right next to the left speakers which were set to 8ft.

4. Test tone -
Front L - 0 db
Front R - +0.5 db
Center - -0.5 db
Surround R - +1.0 db
Surround L - 0.5 db
Sub Woofer - 6 db

5. Crossover
Front - 80 Hz
Center - 80 Hz
Surround - 80hz

On the Sub -
6. Volume - -23db
7. Phase 0
8. LFE off

I am concerned and I hope its not the sub itself...Because there was a point when I got the thumps! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
post #27 of 29
Instead of LFE+Main try just LFE. You may be splitting the bass signal between your main speakers and the sub with your current setting.
post #28 of 29
ok, Thanks very much! Will try changing that to LFE when I get home and post again.
post #29 of 29
Ok, so I just tried both - connected an iPod, the sub worked as well as with a different RCA cable. So it seems like that RCA cable was faulty! :s

Now for the tuning - I did the Audyssey calibration with LFE OFF, Phase at 0 and Volume at -15db on the Sub. Audyssey finally recognized the Sub!

Front L - + 2.0 db
Center - + 3.0 db
Front R - + 0.5 db
Surround R - +3.5 db
Surround L - 2.0 db
Subwoofer - - 6.0 db

Crossovers -
Individual
Front - 80 Hz
Center - 60 Hz
Surround - 80 Hz

The Sub is working on songs too, but not nearly recognizable unless I increase the volume to full on it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Heads up, Klipsch, RW-12d, not on sale but in stock at Newegg.