or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Klipsch RW-12d on sale for $299 at Newegg.com again today!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch RW-12d on sale for $299 at Newegg.com again today! - Page 67

post #1981 of 2776
How do you connect 3 or 4 subs if my AVR only has two sub outputs?
post #1982 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

How do you connect 3 or 4 subs if my AVR only has two sub outputs?

Y splitter I think.
post #1983 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post

Y splitter I think.
Correct.
post #1984 of 2776
post #1985 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Sold out!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780078

I know. Now, that I decided to buy a second one they sell out. I take this as a sign for me to buy the XV30 lol.
post #1986 of 2776

It may be back next week.

 

At $599.

wink.gif

Limit 5.

biggrin.gif

 

Or, of course, this really could be the end. We'll see.

post #1987 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Sold out!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780078
For the moment. Check back in an hour. biggrin.gif
It wouldnt be the first time it said sold out and then changed a few hrs later.
post #1988 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Sold out!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780078

Newegg and klipsch should thank AVS, lol.
post #1989 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradymartin View Post

i think im going to finally get this sub (at sale price) although i am very happy with my bic f12

if its a good enough upgrade worth the hassle of selling the bic f12 that is.

i wonder if this sub though will be too much for my andrew jones pioneer 1st generation. the towers etc.

This post actually had me thinkin about somethin since I recently purchased the BICf12, which is my first big powered sub, and I really love it. BUT now already im itching to try a dual setup. Would a sub like the rw12 pair well with the BIC?
post #1990 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidMGSnake View Post

This post actually had me thinkin about somethin since I recently purchased the BICf12, which is my first big powered sub, and I really love it. BUT now already im itching to try a dual setup. Would a sub like the rw12 pair well with the BIC?
I wouldnt say pair well but you can make it work. I have both.
post #1991 of 2776
Good news: my sub is scheduled to be delivered today.

Bad news: my cable won't be in until tomorrow.

Looking on the bright side, at least I have time to fix the port if it's loose.
post #1992 of 2776
Go to your local "dollar store" and pick up a cheapie cable.
post #1993 of 2776
Glad I already got mine for $280 delivered. This is a great sub.
post #1994 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidMGSnake View Post

Would a sub like the rw12 pair well with the BIC?

Yes, but if the order is never put in..... tongue.gif

The Klipsch has a more powerful Amp but each of their frequency response is close to each other so in my opinion, they'd make for a good pairing.

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 5/23/13 at 5:31am
post #1995 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Yes, but if the order is never put in..... tongue.gif

The Klipsch has a more powerful Amp but each of their frequency response is close to each other so in my opinion, they'd make for a good pairing.

-

I take it you missed bonds post? tongue.gif
post #1996 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

I take it you missed bonds post? tongue.gif

rolleyes.gifwink.gifsmile.gif
post #1997 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

Go to your local "dollar store" and pick up a cheapie cable.

Nah, the 100 ft cable I need to run the perimeter of the room will be here tomorrow. Until then, I'll use my existing cable and just run it directly through the middle of the room. The WAF will be high, I'm sure.
post #1998 of 2776
Newegg has marked the RW-12d as "Discontinued" now...

I spent the last week mulling over whether or not to purchase two of these to replace my older subwoofer who's amplifier gave out after 14+ years. Glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger on both of them, as it seems it might be difficult to find another one now. Now I just have to find a splitter since I've been running a single subwoofer for so long...

Any ideals if something like this is sufficient? Monoprice 7187. I am using their "High Quality" rolleyes.gif cables already, but they do not seem to make a 1 male -> 2 female RCA splitter. Otherwise I guess I'll have to pickup something like this: RCA Signal Splitter
post #1999 of 2776
Mine is scheduled to land Friday/tomorrow. It’s my intention to get well acquainted with the RW-12 and then sell it in two to three weeks time if anyone is interested?
post #2000 of 2776

Okay, I'll bite: why? confused.gif

post #2001 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Okay, I'll bite: why? confused.gif

I have heard so much about the RW that curiousness got the best of me... No disrespect against the RW/or Klipsh at all I assure you (I run Klipsh speakers) I have other bass options, so I think it would be best to sell it after I’m done with it rather than having another sub to deal with. Anyway, I have sold many subs over in the FS section.. no problem there.
Edited by steve nn - 5/23/13 at 9:48am
post #2002 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by domain View Post

Newegg has marked the RW-12d as "Discontinued" now...

I spent the last week mulling over whether or not to purchase two of these to replace my older subwoofer who's amplifier gave out after 14+ years. Glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger on both of them, as it seems it might be difficult to find another one now. Now I just have to find a splitter since I've been running a single subwoofer for so long...

Any ideals if something like this is sufficient? Monoprice 7187. I am using their "High Quality" rolleyes.gif cables already, but they do not seem to make a 1 male -> 2 female RCA splitter. Otherwise I guess I'll have to pickup something like this: RCA Signal Splitter
Either one of those should work. I prefer the flexible y splitters. You can get a high quality one at Amazon for $10. The copy and paste on my tablet is not working for some strange reason or I would give you a link.
post #2003 of 2776
newegg removed the rw 12d on their site now! mad.gif
post #2004 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

You can get a high quality one at Amazon for $10. The copy and paste on my tablet is not working for some strange reason or I would give you a link.

Is this what you're thinking of?
post #2005 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Is this what you're thinking of?
Exactly. Thank you. smile.gif
post #2006 of 2776
Alright, I received my RW-12d today and had enough time to hook it up and watch about 15 minutes of Total Recall. I will run my new cable tomorrow, rerun Audyssey, and then hopefully get to watch an entire movie. The RW-12d is a nice upgrade from my RW-8, and it definitely goes deeper. I can't wait to break this bad boy in.

Luckily, it arrived in perfect condition. The port tube wasn't loose at all (I double checked), the grill wasn't damaged, the LCD was just fine, and the auto on function seems to be performing as expected. I have no complaints in regards to Newegg's packaging.

Here's a pic of both subs for reference. My cat, who was intrigued by this new and exciting object, wouldn't get out of the way, so ignore him.

post #2007 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post

My cat, who was intrigued by this new and exciting object, wouldn't get out of the way, so ignore him.


That's your problem! Don't you know that cats cannot be ignored biggrin.gif
post #2008 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

That's your problem! Don't you know that cats cannot be ignored biggrin.gif

I guess it's impossible to ignore a cat. It's only possible for a cat to ignore you. tongue.gif
post #2009 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

newegg removed the rw 12d on their site now! mad.gif

It's back again... $349.99 with free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780078
post #2010 of 2776
they must've found that other box car full...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Klipsch RW-12d on sale for $299 at Newegg.com again today!