or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Klipsch RW-12d on sale for $299 at Newegg.com again today!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch RW-12d on sale for $299 at Newegg.com again today! - Page 79

post #2341 of 2776
DEPTH, if you want to change after Audyssey, do it on the on-screen menu, easier to reset...
Edited by SanchoPanza - 7/16/13 at 2:53pm
post #2342 of 2776
I thought before running aud. Set it to flat phase 0?
post #2343 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

I thought before running aud. Set it to flat phase 0?

Yes, also Lowpass OFF LFE Mode, Always On
post #2344 of 2776
I'm thinking of selling my dual RW-12D for $450 pick up only. I want to build a DIY 18" seal sub.
post #2345 of 2776

Call BeeMan. He'd love to have a couple more.

biggrin.gif

post #2346 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

depth. I wouldn't change it AFTER audyssey

Why not? It's your ears, do what sounds good to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

DEPTH, if you want to change after Audyssey, do it on the on-screen Audyssey menu, easier to reset...

What on-screen Audyssey menu controls this sub? Or what are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

I thought before running aud. Set it to flat phase 0?

I would use flat to run Audyssey and tweak afterwards as needed. Use phase as to what gives you the most bass if you only have your ears...
post #2347 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

I would use flat to run Audyssey and tweak afterwards as needed. Use phase as to what gives you the most bass if you only have your ears...

As opposed to using a sound meter, which is how you should do it (in case you were wondering what he meant). Same is true for the distance setting on the AVR.

post #2348 of 2776
See my corrected post, if you didn't understand.
post #2349 of 2776
Any chance this deal happens again? Two days late apparently!
post #2350 of 2776
The deal has come back from the dead more than once in recent months, so you may want to hold your breath... smile.gif
post #2351 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbmike View Post

Any chance this deal happens again? Two days late apparently!
Very good chance. Its usually on the weekends and is nearly always posted here.
post #2352 of 2776
Anyone using a sub dude with this sub? I got one of these few months back 279. Love it! My sub is on pergo flooring on top of concrete. Any benefit with a sub dude you think?
post #2353 of 2776
If your sub is moving around, you could put a piece of carpet underneath.
post #2354 of 2776
^^^ only benefit I can think of.
post #2355 of 2776
Its back to $299 through the weekend!
post #2356 of 2776
They're on newegg for $280 right now. Just bought two, but since I live in CA i had to pay tax, so my total was $610. At least I live close to the pickup center so I'm picking them up tomorrow. That way they don't get more beat up on the way to me. smile.gif
post #2357 of 2776
Anyone running four of these? Reviews? Stats? I recall some folks discussing it, but I haven't followed the threads closely. Seems to me like a lot of bass for under $1200.
post #2358 of 2776

Play it again,Sam. $280:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780078

 

 

BeeMan has three (at last count). wink.gif Might want to PM him.

post #2359 of 2776
Is it bad that I might sell my rw-12d's already?



....because I found someone to buy them for $700/pair eek.gif. I figured I'd post it up just to see what would happen when the price was really high on Newegg and Amazon. Thinking about doing it lol. Sad thing is, there isn't anything that's really that comparable when running duals. You have to go $1,100+. The pb1000 I'm sure is nice, but I doubt the output is near the rw-12d. Granted I would probably like them more, but it's likely not worth the extra $300 I would have to spend (or the $450 on top of the newegg special price for duals).
post #2360 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

Is it bad that I might sell my rw-12d's already?



....because I found someone to buy them for $700/pair eek.gif. I figured I'd post it up just to see what would happen when the price was really high on Newegg and Amazon. Thinking about doing it lol. Sad thing is, there isn't anything that's really that comparable when running duals. You have to go $1,100+. The pb1000 I'm sure is nice, but I doubt the output is near the rw-12d. Granted I would probably like them more, but it's likely not worth the extra $300 I would have to spend (or the $450 on top of the newegg special price for duals).

Man, if I was you I would of sold them already. I wish I could find someone in my area that would take my dual RW-12D for $700. Thereafter, I would go for a DIY 18". However, I do agree with you that dual RW-12D are probably the best bang for your buck......I would go with a PSA-XV15. Only $100 dollars more wink.gif
post #2361 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

Is it bad that I might sell my rw-12d's already?



....because I found someone to buy them for $700/pair eek.gif. I figured I'd post it up just to see what would happen when the price was really high on Newegg and Amazon. Thinking about doing it lol. Sad thing is, there isn't anything that's really that comparable when running duals. You have to go $1,100+. The pb1000 I'm sure is nice, but I doubt the output is near the rw-12d. Granted I would probably like them more, but it's likely not worth the extra $300 I would have to spend (or the $450 on top of the newegg special price for duals).

Dual rythmik LV12's for 1070.00 shipped would be a worthy upgrade.
post #2362 of 2776

Compared to $560? It had better be! wink.gif

post #2363 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Compared to $560? It had better be! wink.gif

I vote for $560!!!
post #2364 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Man, if I was you I would of sold them already. I wish I could find someone in my area that would take my dual RW-12D for $700. Thereafter, I would go for a DIY 18". However, I do agree with you that dual RW-12D are probably the best bang for your buck......I would go with a PSA-XV15. Only $100 dollars more wink.gif

With my layout, I'd like to go duals. And I know most will say "just upgrade later on", but later on might be awhile lol. I mean I could buy 100 of them right now, but with a baby coming VEEERY soon, new house to furnish, new cars, etc, it might be awhile before I can justify another one. Wifey doesn't mind. Hell, I suggest we get the 65" st60 and she said "no, lets get the 80 inch!" lol. Gotta love that

I'd love to have a pair of XV15's though! I wish I could find a pair of used LFM-1ex's or LV12r's for sale. I feel like there's never anything in Oklahoma on these forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Dual rythmik LV12's for 1070.00 shipped would be a worthy upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Compared to $560? It had better be! wink.gif

The LV12r's would be a worthy upgrade & LastButNotLeast is on board with my thinking, it's almost double the price. Seems like there's nothing out that for say.....$800/pair. If the LV12r's were about $850/pair I'd be all over them. To me it seems like there's a decent gap in the market created by the rw-12d. You've got the rw-12d at $550/pr, then you jump up to the LFM-1ex, LV12r, pb-1000 all at around $1,100+ for a pair. redface.gif
post #2365 of 2776
Well, how about the PA150 at around 350 each?

For the baby, start 'em young on bass appreciation wink.gif ! Maybe have your wife sit on or as close to the sub so the little one can get hooked, errr... accustomed to it.....
post #2366 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Well, how about the PA150 at around 350 each?

For the baby, start 'em young on bass appreciation wink.gif ! Maybe have your wife sit on or as close to the sub so the little one can get hooked, errr... accustomed to it.....

I think dual PA-150's would be a worthy upgrade as well. Similar low end output as the 12-D with a ton more in the mid bas area. dual 150's would have the potential to hit 125 db in the midbass range and around 105db @ 20hz in room.
post #2367 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Well, how about the PA150 at around 350 each?

For the baby, start 'em young on bass appreciation wink.gif ! Maybe have your wife sit on or as close to the sub so the little one can get hooked, errr... accustomed to it.....

The PA-150 might have a ton more 60hz+ than most 4-digit subs, but it's still peaky and falls like a rock after that. The pair of rw-12d's don't give me that home theater feeling, but they still put out a good amount. Of course, more is better, but that usually comes with a steep price increase. I had the PA-120 awhile ago and I definitely think the rw-12d is better.

Wish I could find some used pb12nsd's or the like.
post #2368 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

The PA-150 might have a ton more 60hz+ than most 4-digit subs, but it's still peaky and falls like a rock after that. The pair of rw-12d's don't give me that home theater feeling, but they still put out a good amount. Of course, more is better, but that usually comes with a steep price increase. I had the PA-120 awhile ago and I definitely think the rw-12d is better.

Wish I could find some used pb12nsd's or the like.

what about DIY?
post #2369 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Well, how about the PA150 at around 350 each?

For the baby, start 'em young on bass appreciation wink.gif ! Maybe have your wife sit on or as close to the sub so the little one can get hooked, errr... accustomed to it.....

The PA-150 might have a ton more 60hz+ than most 4-digit subs, but it's still peaky and falls like a rock after that. The pair of rw-12d's don't give me that home theater feeling, but they still put out a good amount. Of course, more is better, but that usually comes with a steep price increase. I had the PA-120 awhile ago and I definitely think the rw-12d is better.

Wish I could find some used pb12nsd's or the like.

Still, some around here have been saying their ownership was a good experience. Josh Ricci had this to say in his review on his site:
The PA-150 offers solid bang for the buck. At only $349 you get a 70lb subwoofer with a 15" driver and a 250w amplifier in an MDF constructed vented enclosure –-not a bad deal in our opinion. It also looks quite good with the gloss black top and silver driver cone and the build quality is pretty good especially considering the cost. There is a single 4" flared vent on the back of the enclosure tuned to about 25hz which should be low enough for light to medium duty home theater applications. The driver is of modest construction but is commensurate with what you should expect from this price range. The motor is moderate size and the voice coil appears to be a 2" diameter. The driver seems to be quite efficient and offers decent excursion or at least enough to keep pace with a 250w amplifier. You will be hard pressed to find a more capable platform for $350 with a warranty.
post #2370 of 2776
Currently sold out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Klipsch RW-12d on sale for $299 at Newegg.com again today!