or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Klipsch RW-12d on sale for $299 at Newegg.com again today!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch RW-12d on sale for $299 at Newegg.com again today! - Page 13

post #361 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast68 View Post

This is the thread you want to read....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1282064/two-subs-gain-matching-vs-level-matching

FWIW, using the sub's gain control and a digital sound meter, I gain match the sub's output at a measured one meter, 63dB - 64dB (combined 69dB at main listening position), run DSPeaker's Anti-Mode, run Audyssey, MultEQ XT and then do a final level adjustment, using the AVR's gain control, both subs playing, at the main listening position to 72dB as that's the middle ground between the recommended 70dB - 75dB, depending on who's article one is reading.

Good luck. biggrin.gif
post #362 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast68 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

How did you set level on the duals? What room correction/bass management do you use? Maybe you did set level lower...

This is the thread you want to read....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1282064/two-subs-gain-matching-vs-level-matching

Why would I want to read it? I've already read it, altho not recently, did Eric Connelly post his method of setup there so as to answer my questions? wink.gif
post #363 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post


Why would I want to read it? I've already read it, altho not recently, did Eric Connelly post his method of setup there so as to answer my questions? wink.gif


I must be lost as I am not sure what you are asking....I thought you wanted to know about dual sub setups and this was a good post, if you read it then you are all set !

 

Best of luck....

post #364 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast68 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Why would I want to read it? I've already read it, altho not recently, did Eric Connelly post his method of setup there so as to answer my questions? wink.gif


I must be lost as I am not sure what you are asking....I thought you wanted to know about dual sub setups and this was a good post, if you read it then you are all set !

Best of luck....

I was answering someone else (Eric C) and asking some questions about his setup. That thread is more about gain matching vs level matching of multiple subs, too. In any case, I run three subs in my living room currently and highly recommend multiple subs over a single as a result of my experience.
post #365 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post


I was answering someone else (Eric C) and asking some questions about his setup. That thread is more about gain matching vs level matching of multiple subs, too. In any case, I run three subs in my living room currently and highly recommend multiple subs over a single as a result of my experience.


Gotcha...so I was lost  :-)

 

have fun!

post #366 of 2776
I think iam comfortable with my current settings and from what i gathered thru research is once you set the subs and ran audy. All corrections should be made on the reciever.

I have it on ( depth ) at the moment but am curious how ( punch ) might feel like. I just dont want to have to re-run audy set up if I throw off the base line.

For what its worth these subs rock have 2.

Suggestions.....
post #367 of 2776
I switch back and forth all the time. Honestly i don't remember what setting I had it on when i ran Audyssey. I thought and I can't find the thread that someone said to use the Flat setting to do the calibrations and Audyssey. I think i may try that for something to do. I use the punch setting for music and the depth setting for movies.
I also have 2 and could'nt be more happy! smile.gifsmile.gif
post #368 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidog View Post

I switch back and forth all the time. Honestly i don't remember what setting I had it on when i ran Audyssey. I thought and I can't find the thread that someone said to use the Flat setting to do the calibrations and Audyssey. I think i may try that for something to do. I use the punch setting for music and the depth setting for movies.
I also have 2 and could'nt be more happy! smile.gifsmile.gif

Yeah I found the same thread at one point, cant find it again though...I calibrated on Flat....then switch just like you.

post #369 of 2776
Iam happy was just curious i use my system for movies very seldom do i play music on it. Running 2 with a Denon 2112 AVR. I just dont want to have to re-calibrate it AGAIN, lol did the whole 8 settings its rather time consuming but the end results are great.
post #370 of 2776
I'm late to the party smile.gif, I need this to go on sale for $299 one more time so I can pick up 2. Would be nice if I could have them before Superbowl Sunday! biggrin.gif
post #371 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by XclusiveTN View Post

I'm late to the party smile.gif, I need this to go on sale for $299 one more time so I can pick up 2. Would be nice if I could have them before Superbowl Sunday! biggrin.gif

My bet, due to shipping/repackaging needs, the $349.99 price is the new on sale normal. If I'm wrong, you're out fifty bucks, if I'm right, you'll never be able to buy a Klipsch, RW-12d from Newegg for three hundred bucks and you'll never be able to watch another Superbowl.

To be encouraging, shipping is included and Newegg is putting the Klipsch shipping box, inside another box and that all costs money to ship and protect this subwoofer. A suggestion, buy one as everybody knows, when they put their order in, the very next minute, the price will go down. It's da law.

As to the playoffs and the Superbowl, Seattle got robbed at the end of the going into double overtime with the whistle blowing the ball dead and a second field goal kick. Nobody has ever said why the whistle blew the ball dead and none of the rewinds I've seen include the fact that the game winning kick was a second chance kick that never should have happened. Seattle got robbed. tongue.gif

Go 9'er's. biggrin.gif
post #372 of 2776
Or simply that Newegg's been reading the thread and said why can't we get 50 bucks more out of these guys? Niners!
post #373 of 2776
Which would then make it my fault. Krap! tongue.gif
post #374 of 2776
post #375 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWA View Post

It's back @ $300. I would move quick.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780078



You talked me into it.

I was planning on getting a Bic F12 for a hundred bucks cheaper.
post #376 of 2776
Just to note...I have temporarily used the Bic F12 before and thought it was really nice.

If the RW 12 is just a little bit better, I'll be happy.
post #377 of 2776
I have both. The RW12 is not a little better than the F12. Its a lot better. Easily worth the extra $100.
post #378 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I have both. The RW12 is not a little better than the F12. Its a lot better. Easily worth the extra $100.

+1. You will be impressed with the RW12d
post #379 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by XclusiveTN View Post

I'm late to the party smile.gif, I need this to go on sale for $299 one more time so I can pick up 2. Would be nice if I could have them before Superbowl Sunday! biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

My bet, due to shipping/repackaging needs, the $349.99 price is the new on sale normal. If I'm wrong, you're out fifty bucks, if I'm right, you'll never be able to buy a Klipsch, RW-12d from Newegg for three hundred bucks and you'll never be able to watch another Superbowl.

To be encouraging, shipping is included and Newegg is putting the Klipsch shipping box, inside another box and that all costs money to ship and protect this subwoofer. A suggestion, buy one as everybody knows, when they put their order in, the very next minute, the price will go down. It's da law.

As to the playoffs and the Superbowl, Seattle got robbed at the end of the going into double overtime with the whistle blowing the ball dead and a second field goal kick. Nobody has ever said why the whistle blew the ball dead and none of the rewinds I've seen include the fact that the game winning kick was a second chance kick that never should have happened. Seattle got robbed. tongue.gif

Go 9'er's. biggrin.gif

Patience is a virtue (or something like that)!

Just placed my order for $299, will have it for my superbowl party!

It does suck because I didn't realize there is a distribution center in TN so I have to pay sales tax but oh well, im happy!
post #380 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by XclusiveTN View Post


Patience is a virtue (or something like that)!

Just placed my order for $299, will have it for my superbowl party!

I was wrong about the packaging costs. Congratulations on the reward of yours and everybody's patience. biggrin.gif

The Superbowl is a unique cultural phenomenon in America today. It doesn't matter if your team is in the Super Bowl or not, tis "PARTY!" time and it's a sporting event made for big screen T.V's and subwoofers.

The question becomes, not who's in the Super Bowl but "What are you going do Super Bowl Sunday?" It's a given there will be two of the best qualified teams playing that day. On Super Bowl Sunday, the nation will rock!

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 1/19/13 at 11:58am
post #381 of 2776
aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


I have it in my cart

i just have to click submit order

I hate falling for the hype

or should I believe this hype?
post #382 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


I have it in my cart

i just have to click submit order

I hate falling for the hype

or should I believe this hype?

Pull the trigger. For the money you won't do better.

post #383 of 2776
Absolutely worth it. Just got one off of eBay. Unbelievable sub.
post #384 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


I have it in my cart

i just have to click submit order

I hate falling for the hype

or should I believe this hype?

I got three and want more  :-)  do it!

post #385 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


I have it in my cart

i just have to click submit order

I hate falling for the hype

or should I believe this hype?

Do it!!!!! I was in the same boat....i bought my 1st one in early Dec and loved it so much I bought another one a few weeks ago. Now I'm running a dual sub system.
post #386 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

I hate falling for the hype

or should I believe this hype?

What hype? The Klipsch, RW-12d, for the price, is the real deal. What's hype are you worried about?

At this price level, based on all I've read, the two competing subs are the Klipsch, RW-12d and the more expensive BIC, PL-200. Here's the rub, "YOU" have to pick one. eek.gif
post #387 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

What hype? The Klipsch, RW-12d, for the price, is the real deal. What's hype are you worried about?

At this price level, based on all I've read, the two competing subs are the Klipsch, RW-12d and the more expensive BIC, PL-200. Here's the rub, "YOU" have to pick one. eek.gif

so what would you get, the klipsch rw-12-d or the pl-200 if they were about the same price?
post #388 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kab00sE View Post

so what would you get, the klipsch rw-12-d or the pl-200 if they were about the same price?

I'm a Klipsch fanboy, so I go with what I know, without question, the Klipsch, RW-12d. Our speaker system is Klipsch based.

Without having both installed in our system for REW comparative measurements, I can't say one is definitively better than another so I go with what I know, Klipsch.

Disclosure, currently I've replaced the old Klipsch drivers with new, third party subwoofer drivers and when we upgrade our subwoofers, the next upgrade will be non-Klipsch upgrades but they'll also be much more than what Klipsch or BIC offers in these subwoofers.

As a form of encouragement, at any particular level of price/performance, there's little difference as choices are spec/measurement/testimonial based choices; what information set speaks to the consumer. Always go with what makes one feel warm and fuzzy inside and don't look back.
post #389 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

I'm a Klipsch fanboy, so I go with what I know, without question, the Klipsch, RW-12d. Our speaker system is Klipsch based.

Without having both installed in our system for REW comparative measurements, I can't say one is definitively better than another so I go with what I know, Klipsch.

Disclosure, currently I've replaced the old Klipsch drivers with new, third party subwoofer drivers and when we upgrade our subwoofers, the next upgrade will be non-Klipsch upgrades but they'll also be much more than what Klipsch or BIC offers in these subwoofers.

As a form of encouragement, at any particular level of price/performance, there's little difference as choices are spec/measurement/testimonial based choices; what information set speaks to the consumer. Always go with what makes one feel warm and fuzzy inside and don't look back.

Ya, I think they're really comparable spec wise, I just find the Klipsch enclosure ugly while the BIC has a nice simple black piano finish. It makes me feel a little bit warm. maybe fuzzy too
post #390 of 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kab00sE View Post

...I just find the Klipsch enclosure ugly while the BIC has a nice simple black piano finish. It makes me feel a little bit warm. maybe fuzzy too

Sounds like you've made a decision. Is that your final answer? biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Klipsch RW-12d on sale for $299 at Newegg.com again today!