or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › JBL 2242H mounting info
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JBL 2242H mounting info - Page 3

post #61 of 77
Set up looks great!
post #62 of 77
Nice setup, the couch looks familiar to my room. Is yours power recline ? biggrin.gif

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o512/dezmond76/IMG_1101_zpsd74b1047.jpg
post #63 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I just got my speakers today. I'm still waiting for my minidsp and some wiring forn the subs to be used how I want. I now remember why my Mic2200 was hidden in a box, the damn thing doesn't work LOL
Above the ceiling tiles are 6" of acoustical foam. My bass traps and corner traps are not in this pic because they are out getting new fabric put on to mach my walls.
Here is a couple of pics for Scott lol





Oh..... my....


drooling_homer.gif?w=314&h=360


post #64 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezmond View Post

Nice setup, the couch looks familiar to my room. Is yours power recline ? biggrin.gif
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o512/dezmond76/IMG_1101_zpsd74b1047.jpg

You know what man, that looks like the exact one I was looking at, but we needed room for 3 and the one thats in the front like your pic, wouldn't be able to have had 3 seats, so I ended up with a lazyboy Gibson (after going to ever furniture store in the city), it's easily the most comfortable sofa I've ever sat on.
Gibson_Sofa_030_563_Leather?&hei=500&obj=main&src=LB975309&align=0&illum=1&resMode=sharp2&sharpen=1&qlt=95&obj=wood&src=LB975309&align=0&illum=0&resMode=sharp2&sharpen=1&qlt=95
post #65 of 77
Nice choice. Those rear subs gotta sound sick. I use to have some like that , makes me think to lose the rear seating, screw the guests, lol .
post #66 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezmond View Post

Nice choice. Those rear subs gotta sound sick. I use to have some like that , makes me think to lose the rear seating, screw the guests, lol .

LOL, hell ya. To be honest, I built my HT for me, I could really care less about what guests think. I actually did have everything up front at one time when I had my TV before the IB was installed. My IB up front smooths things out very well. you don't get much localization in all but extreme cases and even then, I could care less. There is something to be said for the hair on your head standing straight up during intense scenes. At one time I had 10 x 18's up front including the IB (4 x 18's) I find the 21's in the rear gives an even better feel, so I just kept it like that.
post #67 of 77
Having had 2 dts 10s behind me and another time 8) 15s it's hard to ever abandon that feel once you get used to it. The only problem like you mentioned is localization so added heft up front and you're golden.
post #68 of 77
well, it is stating the obvious, but those mains are...serious.

you may get a better front image by towing the horns in such that they crossfire right in front of you.
post #69 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post

well, it is stating the obvious, but those mains are...serious.
you may get a better front image by towing the horns in such that they crossfire right in front of you.

So far, like you suggested, crossed right in front of me sound best so far. In the pic, they are pointed at each of my shoulders. I've been messing with the positions and so far, crossed in front is the winner.
post #70 of 77
i'm really curious what you think about the dual 12's in the noesis and the 2242. have you settled on a crossover point between the two?

also, even though the 2242's have more sensitivity, it isn't exactly like your system was hurting for headroom before. do you find that they do something that the other drivers don't?
post #71 of 77
Thread Starter 
I have the crossover set at 60hz. I find it's best there. The 2242's play along with the Noesis's 12's but so far 60-280hz sounds best to me and measures best. I'm running the Noesis off the XLR's and the 2242's off the rca's from the L & R. I just wanted a bit more club like feel, the kick in the chest is exactly what I got. I've actually been using my ep4000's bridged to each sub, although it's much more power than needed, I don't reach xmax until 55hz, so my cut off is perfect. They destroy the 12's in the Noesis even on almost no power. Not that the 12 are all that impressive to begin with though.
So far I can't imagine being happier. The 2242's are really that good.

There is a place on Ebay selling the 2242H's used for $400 each out of Montreal. I didn't realize that they are the same company I got my 2 from. They look brand new and play perfect.
post #72 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I have the crossover set at 60hz. I find it's best there. The 2242's play along with the Noesis's 12's but so far 60-280hz sounds best to me and measures best. I'm running the Noesis off the XLR's and the 2242's off the rca's from the L & R. I just wanted a bit more club like feel, the kick in the chest is exactly what I got. I've actually been using my ep4000's bridged to each sub, although it's much more power than needed, I don't reach xmax until 55hz, so my cut off is perfect. They destroy the 12's in the Noesis even on almost no power. Not that the 12 are all that impressive to begin with though.
So far I can't imagine being happier. The 2242's are really that good.
There is a place on Ebay selling the 2242H's used for $400 each out of Montreal. I didn't realize that they are the same company I got my 2 from. They look brand new and play perfect.

Where? I am in canada are would prefer not to pay customs. Its not coming up on ebay.ca.
post #73 of 77
Thread Starter 
The Company name is "solotech montreal" and the ebay store is " Solo_Montreal " I think they took the items down because from the looks of it, they are on holidays and stuff wouldn't ship etc. They still have 94 x 2242H's left. Their ebay store says they will be back on Jan 2nd. I'd check back as I' sure they will have everything re-listed.
post #74 of 77
roger that n8. thanks for the information. that's been almost the response universally.

aj, http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-2242H-18-woofer-8-ohms-/270945939624?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Speakers_Monitors&hash=item3f15a2f0a8

(seller: solo_montreal )
post #75 of 77
Side surrounds seem back further than normal in the pic. How does that sound to you?
post #76 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post

roger that n8. thanks for the information. that's been almost the response universally.
aj, http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-2242H-18-woofer-8-ohms-/270945939624?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Speakers_Monitors&hash=item3f15a2f0a8
(seller: solo_montreal )

I got my 2450-SL's from them too. They seem to have a ton of high quality JBL stuff.
post #77 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

Side surrounds seem back further than normal in the pic. How does that sound to you?

It just looks that way in the pic. when you are sitting on the sofa, they are right beside you when reclined (which everyone does) just a half a foot higher that you head. When not reclined, they are less than half a foot behind you. It sounds great both ways.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › JBL 2242H mounting info