Soooo...how does it sound?
Here were the questions I had going in:
1. On any non-sealed sub I've ever had, port noise has ALWAYS ended with me selling it and going back to sealed. Would the GH have port noise/turbulence?
2. Can one of these really outperform my quad 5400's with 16,000+ watts of power?
3. Would the beefed up bracing help with the cabinet resonances?
4. Can this design really handle 4,000+ watts of power?
1. ZERO port noise or turbulence, and I hit 117db at 15hz at the LP before my ears cried uncle. I also had the mains powered off, so all I could hear was the sub
2. Yes, one of these actually does outperform quad 5400's down low, and dare I say, it sounds better!
3. I heard nothing bad from the cabinet using Ricci's basic EQ settings. However, I put a 60hz filter on it to limit the upper frequencies.
4. Yes, yes it can.
I can't wait to get the second one up and running!