or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › Pixel Jogger Question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pixel Jogger Question

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I realize this is a bit off-topic for this forum but there are lots of very panel knowledgeable folks here so I thought I'd ask for opinions. There's a poster over in the LCD forum really pushing a utility called Pixel Jogger which he claims will improve the pq on LCD/LED/Plasma tv's by basically "turning on and off" the pixels very fast. Sort of like breaking in a new plasma panel. He claims that if you run this utility (from a USB flash drive) a couple of hours a day for a few days that your pq will dramatically improve and then just periodically run it as a maintenance routine to keep your panel in optimal condition. Thoughts?
post #2 of 11
Hey Otto - this has been discussed here before - see here for one expert's opinion: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1318072/pixelprotector-blu-ray-review/30#post_20529296

I haven't read the posts you refer to, but I'd bet it's the same individual. He's a big fan of pixel washers/joggers/flippers. rolleyes.gif
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djams View Post

Hey Otto - this has been discussed here before - see here for one expert's opinion: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1318072/pixelprotector-blu-ray-review/30#post_20529296
I haven't read the posts you refer to, but I'd bet it's the same individual. He's a big fan of pixel washers/joggers/flippers. rolleyes.gif

Thanks. Sounds like Doug has a definite opinion on that one and I think he's correct. This guy is really pushing it hard but it appears that some "old timers" have jumped in to counter his enthusiasm.

Correction: he's posting in the Flat Panel forum, not the LCD forum.
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by djams View Post

Hey Otto - this has been discussed here before - see here for one expert's opinion: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1318072/pixelprotector-blu-ray-review/30#post_20529296
I haven't read the posts you refer to, but I'd bet it's the same individual. He's a big fan of pixel washers/joggers/flippers. rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Thanks. Sounds like Doug has a definite opinion on that one and I think he's correct. This guy is really pushing it hard but it appears that some "old timers" have jumped in to counter his enthusiasm.
Correction: he's posting in the Flat Panel forum, not the LCD forum.


I agree with Doug's response to those claims. There no scientific proof that such a tool has ever improved PQ nor is there any logical explanation how it would even be plausible. The only reason I'd ever run one of those pixel washers would be to try to 'unstick' stuck pixels on a LCD display. Such a tool is found on the Disney WOW Disc but I've never needed to use it.
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

I realize this is a bit off-topic for this forum but there are lots of very panel knowledgeable folks here so I thought I'd ask for opinions. There's a poster over in the LCD forum really pushing a utility called Pixel Jogger which he claims will improve the pq on LCD/LED/Plasma tv's by basically "turning on and off" the pixels very fast. Sort of like breaking in a new plasma panel. He claims that if you run this utility (from a USB flash drive) a couple of hours a day for a few days that your pq will dramatically improve and then just periodically run it as a maintenance routine to keep your panel in optimal condition. Thoughts?

He is on the Plasma forum also pushing it, i am very skeptical
post #6 of 11
He believes that LCD displays contain crystals that move, and need to be loosened up....since there are no crystals in an LCD display, nor any moving parts, I'd say he doesn't really know what he's doing, but has a large number of people fooled.
post #7 of 11
that guy is STILL pimping that garbage? frown.gif geez....

although i bet a decent amount of posters are lapping it right up... rolleyes.gif
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Yeah, there were a couple of converts but he got called on it and the thread was just shutdown.
post #9 of 11
He also uses a Darbee. Credibility gone
post #10 of 11
So since no money involved, it was not a scam right?

At least, do we realy know if it worked on those people who posted feedback?
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voliminal8 View Post

At least, do we realy know if it worked on those people who posted feedback?

As far as the claim of improving picture quality? No, that is complete nonsense.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Display Calibration
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › Pixel Jogger Question