it really wasnt as thick as it looks. it wasnt bad at all to sand. at first i planned on doing a high gloss black. then decided to try veneering. then gave up from not getting the results i did on small scale practice. sound great...look insane.
I lied. I am back on the build. this weekend i got a good bit completed. I built 3 window cornices and put up the blackout curtains. Rebuilt the structure that will hold the screen. And made a french cleat system and mounted the screen up.
Remaining work to be done....
the screen got pretty banged up while i was refinishing the floor, so it needs a little fixing.
then paint screen. silver fire mixture is already mixed...did that this weekend also.
finish..finishing mini statement and statement center channel. took veneer off, cause it pissed me off . skim coated with bondo again, working on leveling it back out for paint.
buy projector...awaiting B-stock arrivals
This was my attempt at veneering. had good potential, but noob status ruined it. the seams look like garbage and there was residue from the tape that left a discoloration.
careful with the razor...
Window Cornice box...CHECK
Made 3. this is a crap photo of one. Had to shine a flashlight...dark in there
okay painted up the mini statements and center. they look like a bit of ass. after i scraped out the circles to get the mounting depth correct..obviously removed some paint . so that will need to get fixed soon. but they sound pretty nice. once the snow dries up im gong to get the fullsize statements prepped and painted.