Hopefully last update:
Been using it now.
1) Cellular Data must be off
2) IP is set static (not sure this is necessary but that's how mine is set up)
3)Router setting is set to my router IP
4)DNS setting is also set to my router IP
1)IP is set manually different from phone
2)Gateway and DNS are set to my routers' IP
1) In DHCP, reserved IP of IPhone
2)In DHCP, reserved IP of TV
1)Multiple IPhones can control TV, turn it on, put in standby ect.,
2) but if IR remote is used to turn off TV then IPhone will not be able to turn on TV.
3) IPhone(s) will regain this function if an IPhone is used to but TV in Standby (off).
4) Being able to use IPhone for TV controll is definately useful and convenient.
5) IF cable modem and router are power cycled, will have to setup again.