or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2013 Formula 1 in HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Formula 1 in HD - Page 54  

post #1591 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post


Same reason I stopped watching the cheese-ball host on Motorweek, the 70's called and wants him back.
Dude, that's cruel.biggrin.gif
post #1592 of 4793
Here is some fun from the boys with the Silver Arrows:



post #1593 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Dude, that's cruel.biggrin.gif

But funny!
post #1594 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Cars are supposed to be fun toys at this level, and TG for all its wackiness embodies this way more for me.

I agree. The Top Gear guys are a hoot. Restrained they are not.smile.gif Have never seen 5th Gear, so have nothing substantive to offer about the show.
post #1595 of 4793
Just in case anyone DOESN'T think Ferrari takes their cars seriously:


post #1596 of 4793
Seems like forever since the last race. For all the Porsche fanatics,pick up the latest Road&Track mag. Celebrating 50 years of Porsche cars. Good reading.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
post #1597 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Seems like forever since the last race. For all the Porsche fanatics,pick up the latest Road&Track mag. Celebrating 50 years of Porsche cars. Good reading.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

50 years of 911, not Porsche cars in general.

Sorry, Porsche guy here. :-)

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to grab that issue.

Brian
post #1598 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Seems like forever since the last race. For all the Porsche fanatics,pick up the latest Road&Track mag. Celebrating 50 years of Porsche cars. Good reading.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

50 years of 911, not Porsche cars in general.

Sorry, Porsche guy here. :-)

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to grab that issue.

Brian
The 934,935 comparo is worth the price alone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
post #1599 of 4793
post #1600 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Interesting "interview."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22427945
Yes. Very cool.
post #1601 of 4793
Just watched the Sao Paulo Indy 300 (been out of town). Excellent race! Takuma Sato, James Hinchcliffe and Josef Newgarden battling hard for the last 20 laps. Hinchcliffe passed Sato on the last corner of the last lap for the win! Anyone blowing off IndyCar this year is missing some great racing. smile.gif
post #1602 of 4793
Yep, that was one of the best IndyCar finishes in a long time. Sato went in just a little too deep (after blocking Hinch a couple of laps) and Hinch made him pay on the last turn. Great race.
post #1603 of 4793
What's with both Red Bulls at the bottom of the time sheets after FP1??
post #1604 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post

What's with both Red Bulls at the bottom of the time sheets after FP1??

Weather. They were fine in FP2.
post #1605 of 4793
Weather forecast for the Spanish Grand Prix (Circuit de Catalunya, Montmelo, Spain)

Tonight: Showers ending early then turning partly cloudy Low 55°F

Saturday:Mostly Sunny, High 66°F with West Wind at 13mph

Sunday: Partly Cloudy, High 66°F with West-SouthWest Wind at 12mph
Edited by Gt1racer - 5/10/13 at 9:19am
post #1606 of 4793
McLaren Mercedes positions 12 and 13. I know its only practice but.....WTF? eek.gif
You guys see that tire delaminate on diRestas car? Dont know that Ive ever seen anything quite like that. The whole center just came off. Interesting to see just how thin the tread is.
post #1607 of 4793
No one seems to be talking much about it but one of the biggest stories to me is how poorly Williams is doing this year. They didnt even make it to Q2. I cant remember the last year that they have performed this poorly.
post #1608 of 4793
11of the last 12 winners have won from pole position! eek.gif
post #1609 of 4793
Vettel said the #1 track that he has not driven and would like to is Watkins Glen! eek.gif
post #1610 of 4793
Perez makes it to Q3 and Button does not! Perez beat Button by. 5 second. eek.gif
post #1611 of 4793
Im killin' the "eek" face! eek.gifbiggrin.gif
post #1612 of 4793
I absolutely love F1 qualifying. Always very intense.
Mercedes gets 3 poles in a row. Hamilton - Rosberg - Rosberg. And theyre 1 2. Wonder how Schumacher feels about that.
Vettel beat Webber by. 5 second.
post #1613 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Perez makes it to Q3 and Button does not! Perez beat Button by. 5 second. eek.gif

So much for all the new "changes".

I actually wish Lotus or Ferrari would've qualified ahead of Vettel rather than the Mercs. I don't think either one of them can make the tires last long enough to hold him off.
post #1614 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

So much for all the new "changes".

I actually wish Lotus or Ferrari would've qualified ahead of Vettel rather than the Mercs. I don't think either one of them can make the tires last long enough to hold him off.
Completely agree. The Mercs are bad on tires. Good chance Vettel will run away again. Maybe one of them will stop on the first corner and give Vettel front wing damage like Vettel did to Alonso a couple of races ago. wink.gif
post #1615 of 4793
Poor Masa seems to be having a decent weekend and gets jacked again.
post #1616 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Poor Masa seems to be having a decent weekend and gets jacked again.
What are you talking about? Please dont tell me he got a blocking penalty for that BS.

Edit: Man that ticks me off! That happened in Q2 didnt it? They wait until after qualifying is done and then penalize him 3 spots for something that minor! mad.gif Even Matchett and Hobbs said it was nothing.
Edited by Bond 007 - 5/11/13 at 7:21pm
post #1617 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

What are you talking about? Please dont tell me he got a blocking penalty for that BS.

Edit: Man that ticks me off! That happened in Q2 didnt it? They wait until after qualifying is done and then penalize him 3 spots for something that minor! mad.gif Even Matchett and Hobbs said it was nothing.
Didn't see it but here is the poop.http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/5/14545.html
post #1618 of 4793
BTW,it seems there is no GP2 coverage this weekend,that sucks.mad.gif
post #1619 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

BTW,it seems there is no GP2 coverage this weekend,that sucks.mad.gif
Agreed. Do they race at every track?
post #1620 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Agreed. Do they race at every track?
Rossi got sixth in race 1.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2013 Formula 1 in HD