or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Home A/V Distribution › gym fitness project....what are my equipment choices?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

gym fitness project....what are my equipment choices?

post #1 of 2
Thread Starter 
smile.gif I am an avid AV enthusiast and a General Contractor by trade. I am helping out on a project, We want to install 6 tvs in a workout area. I need to know what is used in commercial gyms when the tvs are silent and the users are allowed to tune into an fm channel to listen to their respective audio channels. I want the capability to tune into different channels so i assume 6 cable boxes? I will place all boxes in a stacked configuration in a av, in wall setup. I would like to use a single blue ray player to output to all tvs for workout dvd playback. I assume an hdmi splitter box 1x6? was going to use a basic tuner for music fed from an ipad in wall setup? this sounds like alot.......Need some guidence
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenterboy View Post

smile.gif I am an avid AV enthusiast and a General Contractor by trade. I am helping out on a project, We want to install 6 tvs in a workout area. I need to know what is used in commercial gyms when the tvs are silent and the users are allowed to tune into an fm channel to listen to their respective audio channels.

A low-power FM transmitter. If you'll have six TVs, you'll need six transmitters.
Quote:
I want the capability to tune into different channels so i assume 6 cable boxes? I will place all boxes in a stacked configuration in a av, in wall setup.

Yep.
Quote:
I would like to use a single blue ray player to output to all tvs for workout dvd playback. I assume an hdmi splitter box 1x6? was going to use a basic tuner for music fed from an ipad in wall setup? this sounds like alot.......Need some guidence

That will depend on what wiring you have or can run. But yes, an HDMI splitter would do it. Look at the secure iPad wall docks if that's the path you want to go down. I don't see that working particularly well unless it's just for the staff (and then you'll need to check the ASCAP copyright stuff, too).

Jeff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home A/V Distribution
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Home A/V Distribution › gym fitness project....what are my equipment choices?